Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
In on the ground floor, also i guess I will start the patch tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
I was looking at the armor values and noticed that some of the resists are set like 1.00/1.00/1.00 and some are around .80/.80/.80 then on the other side 1.50/2.00/1.50. So the armor numbers can be more effective to differnt type of ammo or even LESS effective. AP/HE/SC

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

demonR6 posted:

The My.com launcher will open even when the servers are no online and you can update the client and run the integrity check as well. I did that for shits & giggles before suggesting it to you. Also anyone who reads this and decides to look at it and sees the 'Delete game installation files' option, FYI removing that saves you 24 Gb but also forces you to download the entire package on the next update. This last patch was almost 11 Gb and if I had removed the game install files it would have been double the wait.

Battalion snipe bwahahaha...

Yeah I would join something like that if I could get an invite or w/e not sure how it works for this game.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Warbadger posted:

The incredible view range plus high pen/damage missiles make it a bit of a monster in any kind of ranged fight. Even in the T-64 which can actually soak a few missiles from the front it's pretty dicey to try to advance with one around.

The ability to launch missiles over a hilltop with exposing yourself to enemy fire is also huge.

However the whole design principle is to be able to fire over things and zone in on a target with the laz tower.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

demonR6 posted:

wjs I sent you an invite to join ISLAM.. is the battalion poo poo not working or are you afraid to join the goon jihad squad.

I didnt see it pop anything up. Also I dont play on the EU server at all aint got time for that.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Warbadger posted:

That's true, and not necessarily a bad thing given these are supposed to be tank destroyer-ish in function and that allows them to do the job while remaining fragile. The issue is just that the vision differential (blind MBTs versus crazy long vision range swingfire) makes it pretty annoying when you can't observe either the vehicle or the missiles. And, of course, they're also faster and more nimble so they can often get the hell out of dodge before you or your scouts spot them anyways.

The biggest thing I'd like to see changed about the ATGM-carriers in general is the lack of a notable minimum range. Swingfire couldn't engage under 150m, for example. Dudes rolling around a corner or over a hilltop and taking a snapshot with a missile at near point blank while my MBT has to stop and wait to aim have been frustrating.

Well swingfires can not fire on the move they have to sit still to steady before firing. GIving them a min range is probably also not the answer as no other vehical has stuff like that. I think the devs say they will be lowering there viewrange, lets see what that does first.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Magni posted:

IIRC PVE missions are still with several humans on your team vs bots. OTOH that also means you can platoon up for them.

When we platooned over the weekend it looked like you could platoon 5 for PvE.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

demonR6 posted:

My IGN is the same. Scoots is the only other regular I see, the rest are anti social.

This is true, I have been playing boats instead due to bugs.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
NA wjs5, I havent signed in, in a while but that should be ok

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
So turns out I am bad at this tank game. The Fox how ever is tons of fun to drive around in, and with how you guys are talking about wheeled tds i might give them a try to.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

BadLlama posted:

Because HE is magic in this game and can actually do a lot of damage.

80% of the time I have used HE I have gotten no pens for like 70 damage or w/e crazy low number.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Dramicus posted:

It seems like PVE missions do count, it just doesn't give you the decal immediately, there is something like a 15 minute delay.

Yeah I did PVE and got it.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Jack_tripper posted:

maybe you should try watching a legit asmr video before you get all judgemental https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk0yYFvz4Qo

The gently caress is asmr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
So we ever going to be able to build more building at base?

• Locked thread