Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

cheese posted:

I hope GOTTA GO FAST vehicles with autocannons are viable all the way to top tier, because it is a riot to play.

I just got into a BMP-2 last night, and it still holds up at tier 5 for sure. I clipped out and killed a Leopard 2AV with my 7,000dpm murdercannon and he got very, very angry with me :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Panzeh posted:

The higher tier tanks have way too much HP for that, though. I remember the BMP-1 firing HE doing 50 damage a pop which is basically a pittance when he turns around and does 400.

That's more because the BMP-1 is the worst tank in the game though. The t1-2s are perfectly capable of holding their own, especially since they can all function as scouts.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Tindahbawx posted:

TD's I this seem somewhat weak, what with being spotted every time you take a shot at the enemy. whats the point in having a good gun with decent DPM on a tank that cant stay hidden to keep the shots rolling?

The LAV-300 is irredeemable garbage but the zhalo-s and the ERC 90 are both very good in my opinion. It gets tough on small maps sometimes but don't forget that with the TD bonus and HEAT ammo you can trade health heavily with your massive dpm in a pinch.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Warbadger posted:

Progress carried over from several of the previous tests, mostly. They just refunded everyone their earned XP from the previous phases as free XP along with all of their spent credits on day 1.

But yeah, it's pretty grindy and that is a huge turn off for a beta where the progress is about to get wiped.

This is why I, and most of the people I know playing AW, have played just enough to decide what lines we want to focus on for OBT and are just waiting for it to start. No point grinding a bunch of stuff out now and then being bored doing it a second time later

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

ChickenWyngz posted:

I have the second tier preorder pack and I've been super busy with work so havent had much of a chance to play. Can anybody chime in and tell me if the MBT70/Russian Thingy are worth it? I realise the gold/90 days are p sweet to.

All the preorder premiums are great and really fun to play imo

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

What's the most efficient way to spend money on this game, if I want to spend like AA to AAA amount of money? Also lol at the first PvE enemy faction being "Occupy Tanks".

The Lord of War founder pack is supposed to be pretty amazing value for money. Not sure if it's still available for sale though?

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

hopterque posted:

If you play on the test server you'll get a weeks premium time when the open beta hits, so probably worth hitting that up.

Do you have a source for this info?

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Downloading the stress test patch, is it really 16gigs or has something gone wrong with my client?

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

In on EU as Krakkus. Already in a battallion but send me a friend/platoon invite whenever. I also hang out on the eurogoon WoT server (2pac in pgs)

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Can someone who has bought it give me a rundown on the RDF/LT? I'm thinking about buying the Taifun II but if the RDF is fun enough/different enough from the Exp.Tank then I might get the full on whale package (God help me)

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

XVM is annoying as gently caress if only because when you're purple it makes artillery shitlords shoot at you 100% of the time

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

I honestly quite like the starship in pvp. It's fun blapping people for 600+ damage at t4. I've only played it since the latest patch buffing it though, no idea how bad it was before that.

The real pain in the rear end in this game is the loving shot lag.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

I stopped playing because while the game is fun, I feel like it needs more content and features to be really good. The fact that their patch cycles have been glacial since november hasn't really helped my opinion of the game either

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Honestly I think the PVP is quite good until you get to the higher tiers, and even that has gotten much better with the latest patch. I'm on EU though so there are more than 10 people playing at any given time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Dunno-Lars posted:

If I go into global ops with low expectations, I might mildy enjoy it? The credit and experience gain seems pretty good.

I'm having fun with it on the EU server, i guess it's just the US one that is terrible vOv

• Locked thread