Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
It would have to be her dad or her uncle. That's all I can think of. And she is claiming she dosn't have the means to travel to from Texas which is why we need to reschedule the hearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

r00tn00b posted:

It would have to be her dad or her uncle. That's all I can think of. And she is claiming she dosn't have the means to travel to from Texas which is why we need to reschedule the hearing.

Stay strong dude, you've got this. It's sad that she's sick and is bent on loving things up for her loved ones, but you deserve a good, happy life. Vent to the internet and your lawyer, but most importantly, hug your kids. You're going to be fine.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

r00tn00b posted:

I thought her parents were totally on your side?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
The family thing is super complicated. There are multiple people she calls dad due to her mother having a few husbands.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So she only broke one dad's dog. Other dad's still have intact healthy dogs ?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
The dad with dogs is on my side. Other dad does not have dogs and Is not talking to me any more. Most likely candidate is uncle really.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hey r00tn00b, just wanted to say that that sucks and I am pulling for you.

This thread and your story has really helped me out with some similar stuff (not as bad as your situation though) that I am going through. Stay strong.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Get the other dads a dog and the problem will sort itself out

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Divorce is so messy

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

Divorce is so messy

I thought i was gonna get away clean i should have known better.

This was always in the back of my mind that she would try this last second poo poo and here it is.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
OTOH, this should mean that your lawyer has planned for what needs to happen in this event. Yore not doing anything wrong, but now more than ever you need to not let this rattle you. You'll be alright, just stay focused and stick to/come up with a plan.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
my ex rejected the child supprt and parenting plan we set foruth, wants no child support payments and wants to have the kids for pretty much every holiday, all spring break, 8 weeks of 10 for summer and all of winter break, and to be not responsible for any of her debt.

I think she is broken, and i dont know why her lawyer is even bothering with sending us that settlement agreement.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Well at least it's going to be obvious to the court she's not being reasonable at all so there's that.

Kalista
Oct 18, 2001

r00tn00b posted:

my ex rejected the child supprt and parenting plan we set foruth, wants no child support payments and wants to have the kids for pretty much every holiday, all spring break, 8 weeks of 10 for summer and all of winter break, and to be not responsible for any of her debt.

I think she is broken, and i dont know why her lawyer is even bothering with sending us that settlement agreement.

Your lawyer would know better, but I am pretty sure that, short of terminating all parental rights to her children, she can't waive getting child support. In my understanding, the support is an obligation of one parent to the state for the care of the children, through the custodial parent. So even if mom/dad says "I'm not asking for support", the state can always (and often does) say "we don't care, someone has to pay for taking care of these kids, and so it's gonna be mom/dad, because otherwise the state's going to have to do it". Either that, or the state independently will come back to you for reimbursement for costs of the kids if she ever goes on state medicare, food assistance, low income housing, etc.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. As others have said, keep your cool, and let your lawyer deal with her/her lawyer and stand firm on what's best for the kids.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Kalista posted:

Your lawyer would know better, but I am pretty sure that, short of terminating all parental rights to her children, she can't waive getting child support. In my understanding, the support is an obligation of one parent to the state for the care of the children, through the custodial parent. So even if mom/dad says "I'm not asking for support", the state can always (and often does) say "we don't care, someone has to pay for taking care of these kids, and so it's gonna be mom/dad, because otherwise the state's going to have to do it". Either that, or the state independently will come back to you for reimbursement for costs of the kids if she ever goes on state medicare, food assistance, low income housing, etc.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. As others have said, keep your cool, and let your lawyer deal with her/her lawyer and stand firm on what's best for the kids.

well I personally pay for everything for the kids right now, with no government assistance. It would be her paying me child support, which we aren't backing down fro anyway. My lawyer all but laughed at the proposal sent to us by them. and we sent a more reasonable arrangement back to them. if they happen to not that that settlement we will go to court in I think May or June now, YAY. And I have 5 people to testify on her neglect as a parent, my own personal experience and my oldest son expressing the desire to not live with her or stay wiht her for any period of time.

she pretty much wants to have 0 responsibility, all the fun times with the children, and not pay a dime. Oh and she wants me to pay for 50% of the travel costs to get the kids to and from her residence.

I don't know what she is feeding her laywer and why he thinks they can with this case. but if it goes to trial she is not going to come out very good and it will be out of my hands and in the judges hands.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Court day will come up and at the last moment the lawyer won't show because he's busy taking his 3 cats and turtle to the vet after they were alone with her for 30 seconds.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
OP, I wanted to say that I think you're a great father, and even though she's pulling this BS now, I hope she realizes she's being a turd(or more likely her lawyer realizes she's awful and backs out.) If not, from what I've read, you should get the favorable outcome(I hope) but I'm sorry your kids have to go through with this just when everything seemed settled.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keep up the good work OP, you're there for your kids and trying to do what's best for them. Not every father can say that.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Kalista posted:

I think the state forcing the absent\non-custodial parent to pay is only an issue if the children are receiving medicare. But, yeah, if they are receiving benefits, the state will absolutely order her to pay the OP. I don't think being in another state will save her.

I process paperwork for state benefits.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Bored posted:

I think the state forcing the absent\non-custodial parent to pay is only an issue if the children are receiving medicare. But, yeah, if they are receiving benefits, the state will absolutely order her to pay the OP. I don't think being in another state will save her.

I process paperwork for state benefits.

Yeah no state or federal assistance for my kids. Just my income.

She might be on state assistance, AFAIK she is jobless.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Could the ridiculous demands just be an attempt to get you to drop the request for child support? Has she even been interacting with your kids?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Epitope posted:

Could the ridiculous demands just be an attempt to get you to drop the request for child support? Has she even been interacting with your kids?

Yes that is exactly what I think the ridicules demands might be. And no, she has not even tried to contact them.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This has to be the loving craziest poo poo I've ever read in years on these forums.

r00tn00b posted:

The family thing is super complicated. There are multiple people she calls dad due to her mother having a few husbands.

Jesus christ

Godspeed OP you got this.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

r00tn00b posted:

I thought i was gonna get away clean i should have known better.

This was always in the back of my mind that she would try this last second poo poo and here it is.

I thought the same thing. We had a jointly agreed plan to be clean etc and she ended up nuking that and causing massive delays and legal expenses. Once again every story sounds the same. Sorry dude, stay strong. We've been there and it does end. You got this.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

OP, you are doing everything you can and you have made huge strides in the last few months. You got this. I believe in you. Hug your kids and let them know you believe in them, too, because they're good kids.

You're a good dad.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Just read this entire thread in one sitting, and holy moly what an emotional rollercoaster. I can't imagine the emotional strength it takes to get through something like this.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Also it amazes me that after all these years there are still a lot of goons that don't seem to comprehend that there are legitimately lovely, batshit insane people in the world that will do inexplicably awful things like the OP's wife did (and continues to do). Maybe it's one of those things you have to experience first hand to really come to grips with?

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

Noctone posted:

Also it amazes me that after all these years there are still a lot of goons that don't seem to comprehend that there are legitimately lovely, batshit insane people in the world that will do inexplicably awful things like the OP's wife did (and continues to do). Maybe it's one of those things you have to experience first hand to really come to grips with?

I mean, "there are two sides to every story" etc... but once you've tried to reason with a truly irrational person you never forget the experience.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Noctone posted:

The best is when they start calling troll on every thread that describes something somewhat unusual because they've never experienced anything out of the ordinary themselves (I assume). A lot of the stuff some people are incredulous about here isn't even that strange to me.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I just finished reading this whole thread and jesus christ she's put you through some poo poo OP.

Kudos for starting to come through winning on the other side of all this poo poo. You got this new poo poo too. Your lawyer also seems cool.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

r00tn00b posted:

And no, she has not even tried to contact them.
That's depressing as hell. She not only bailed on you but also your kids too.

This has got to be really rough on all of you, I hope you all make it through okay.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I know it's a long time between updates but, I just got work that my ex has agreed to settle out of court and has pretty much agreed to what I asked for, so gently caress YEAH!

Just the final agreement to work out, and the signatures but this looks to be it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

COngratulations rootnoob

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

r00tn00b posted:

I know it's a long time between updates but, I just got work that my ex has agreed to settle out of court and has pretty much agreed to what I asked for, so gently caress YEAH!

Just the final agreement to work out, and the signatures but this looks to be it.

How much did this cost?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

How much did this cost?

a few thousand dollars in lawyer fees.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Worth every penny.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Goongratulations

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Great news man! Big weight off your shoulders, eh? You've probably already started to move on but now you really can get rolling for real. Good stuff.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
I am glad to hear things are getting better for you and your kids! I hope they continue to do so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

r00tn00b posted:

a few thousand dollars in lawyer fees.

A serious bargain!

Your life will only go better places from here. Congratulations to you and the kids.

• Locked thread