Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Grendels Dad posted:

Would losing twice in a row finally do it? Would losing twice in a row finally turn Cena heel? Heel-er than he is, I mean.

I dunno, his promo on Owens the night after EC seemed a whole lot angrier and "man on the verge of a nervous breakdown"-y than usual his usual "Ha ha congrats you beat me you big dumb fartface PS: TURDS" Cena promos.

Outcome: Unlikely. The only way Cena turns heel is if some alternate dimension goatee heel Cena showed up, shaved his goatee and replaced our Cena him without anybody knowing. He's their #1 moneymaker, and until Vince says otherwise, Cena is probably a face for the rest of his time with the company. Praying a heel turn will happen is incredible pie-in-the-sky fantasy booking.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

If Cena loses cleanly this Sunday you can pretty much guarantee that Trips has managed to turn Vince's corpse into an android to fool stockholders into thinking Vince isn't dead and has otherwise seized control.

HHH is doing something because they're putting over Neville and Owens like legit badasses on commentary. Remember how we were all concerned after the Ascension debuted on Raw and were buried nonstop and made to look like dumb losers? Or when NXT Champion Charlotte debuted to lose in 2 minutes to a roll-up? Well apparently our fears were unfounded. I'm guessing he picked these guys as his hills to die on and it's actually working. The crowd was extremely behind Neville in that opener.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

AlmightyPants posted:

HHH is doing something because they're putting over Neville and Owens like legit badasses on commentary. Remember how we were all concerned after the Ascension debuted on Raw and were buried nonstop and made to look like dumb losers? Or when NXT Champion Charlotte debuted to lose in 2 minutes to a roll-up? Well apparently our fears were unfounded. I'm guessing he picked these guys as his hills to die on and it's actually working. The crowd was extremely behind Neville in that opener.

Another way to look at that is that our fears were entirely grounded in reality until HHH stepped in, which if he did, he did because he looked at what happened to the majority of recent NXT graduates.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Gonz posted:

Here's the R-Truth "YOU'RE NOT EVEN IN THE MATCH!" bit from last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr4wEFDWGkk

I want that so badly to be a rib played on R-Truth, because holy poo poo was that hilarious. R-Truth owns so hard.

(Skip to 4:50 for the segment)

Edit: Whoops; just saw that it was posted earlier in the page. Apologies.

I bet this would be a brilliant gimmick. Wrestler assumes he's in big important matches, strait man authority figure reminds him he's not, he apologizes and leaves but then gets booked in a match anyway either out of annoyance or pity.

Of course, he would have to then win the matches and have it culminate in some kind of accomplishment, like finally making it into a major match and winning something there, and that's probably asking too much of WWE creative. So it's probably better to just leave this as a one-time thing.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Confused Kane is best Kane.
Even better than Safari Kane.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Anime Curator posted:

if another former shield guy wins the mitb than i am offically done with this company. it was bad enough to deal with an irritating prick who just got on my nerves for 10 months before finally cashing in and winning the title. if roman reigns wins this just how long are we going to be hearing mr. money in the bank roman reigns? just adds another title to his other stupid nicknames. i am so sick of this bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP9b57v42Qo

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Yea that R truth segment was funny as hell, I really hope thats a new gimmick just him coming out occasionally and delivering a promo only for someone to remind him he isnt even in the match

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VoLaTiLe posted:

Yea that R truth segment was funny as hell, I really hope thats a new gimmick just him coming out occasionally and delivering a promo only for someone to remind him he isnt even in the match

To be fair, he was in the IC Elimination Chamber match for whatever reason

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
New Day was in two segments and Kevin Owens rules 9/10

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

HerraS posted:

Holy poo poo not only did they really have Luke and Rowan hit the 3D JBL immediately goes "THEY CALL THAT THE WAY"

Why the gently caress is every finisher suddenly HE/SHE/THEY CALL THAT THE ______________

Isn't it fair to say THEY CALL IT THE if it's the first time we've seen them do it on TV?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Isn't it fair to say THEY CALL IT THE if it's the first time we've seen them do it on TV?

That would be the only acceptable circumstance.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What a nothing Raw, so much for two week builds forcing them to be interesting.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Anybody know if they'll be adding back Kevin Owens to Live Events? I'm going to a house show in like three weeks and last week he was on the card replacing Rusev. Now he's been taken off and the second guy billed after Cena is Kane. :negative:

The card for the show also originally had Bryan, Rusev, and Tyson Kidd. It may be cursed.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I bailed on this Raw. It was pretty bad when I was watching it and the Verizon app for my xbox wasn't working well for TV viewing.

After reading the OP, I had hoped I would find that Joey Mercury is the new linear champion. He is not.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

saltylopez posted:

Anybody know if they'll be adding back Kevin Owens to Live Events? I'm going to a house show in like three weeks and last week he was on the card replacing Rusev. Now he's been taken off and the second guy billed after Cena is Kane. :negative:

The card for the show also originally had Bryan, Rusev, and Tyson Kidd. It may be cursed.

He starts the weekend after the Money In The Bank show.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Owens/Neville match was cool, looks like I didn't miss anything else interesting.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

rovert posted:

He starts the weekend after the Money In The Bank show.

Awesome, I'm going to the one on Sunday the 21st so hopefully he'll be added again.

It may actually be me that's cursed. The last show I went to was when Daniel Bryan was out with a concussion and was the last Smackdown CM Punk did before the 2014 Royal Rumble.

(rovert knows)

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
I wish the fans would WHAT owens, but instead of yelling what, they would yell FAT. that's what would make me happy come on wwe universe make it happen. I would settle for a FAT OWENS FAT chant as well.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I have a feeling that Cena goes over this time, then he wins the US title from Cena after dropping the NXT belt to Balor in the rubber. Which is not what they SHOULD do. He should win all 3. Beat Cena this weekend, and deny a third match, even if Cena offers to put the title up, because he already has one, leading to Cena costing him the belt in Japan, so he has a reason to come after the US title, which he then takes. 3-in-a-row, plus winning a belt would pretty much make Owens the most credible guy in the company whose name doesn't rhyme with Smock Hess Par.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Cena is going to beat Owens on 4 straight PPVs, then Owens can team with Rusev

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cena's going to win because Vince McMahon is going to run in and kick Kevin "KO" Owens in the balls while screaming about millenials. Then HHH will be fired for trying to fix wrestling.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Owens will win, Brock Lesner will run down to the ring and stare down Owens. They will then laugh, shake hands and take turns suplexing Cena's corpse.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFuIiMGF_XU

I seriously love the move Owens does at 1:05 so much. It really could be a finisher on its own, it looks so nasty

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

triplexpac posted:

What a nothing Raw, so much for two week builds forcing them to be interesting.
People kept saying that a two week build was good because they had to be better, but it's more like they don't spread out their bullshit for four weeks instead. We only get one pre-PPV gently caress finish preview match, instead of two or three.

Which I guess is good, but the quality of the writing isn't any better. It's half a poo poo sandwich instead of the whole thing we usually get. Technically speaking, that's better, but....

Xacto Wife
Aug 19, 2005

I should be somewhere erasing indigenous people, not fetching super vagina.
I can't wait for a returning DB to be crushed by the Authority's new handpicked, unstoppable enforcer: Mojo Rawley.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Xacto Wife posted:

I can't wait for a returning DB to be crushed by the Authority's new handpicked, unstoppable enforcer: Mojo Rawley.

Well I'm hyped!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

You're right, you can't wait.

Because Bryan's never coming back.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So it looks like The Innovative Offense of Kevin Owens is now the phrase we'll see associated with him forever.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gonz posted:

The Rock took something that resembles the Sharpshooter, but isn't quite the genuine article.

The man has the worst Sharpshooter i've ever seen. It's loving atrocious, and I think he knows it. He just never cared.

I remember Rock saying in an interview that he'd been working on a modified Boston crab called the "rock lobster" and the first time he did it I assumed that's what he was doing, until the commentators called it a Sharpshooter. To this day I wish they just called it the rock lobster. I would love it so much

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gonz posted:

Outcome: Unlikely. The only way Cena turns heel is if some alternate dimension goatee heel Cena showed up, shaved his goatee and replaced our Cena him without anybody knowing. He's their #1 moneymaker, and until Vince says otherwise, Cena is probably a face for the rest of his time with the company. Praying a heel turn will happen is incredible pie-in-the-sky fantasy booking.

Realistically, based on that Cena interview with Jericho, the only way a Cena heel turn is ever happening is if Roman Reigns can finally get as over as WWE wants him to be.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cubone posted:

I remember Rock saying in an interview that he'd been working on a modified Boston crab called the "rock lobster" and the first time he did it I assumed that's what he was doing, until the commentators called it a Sharpshooter. To this day I wish they just called it the rock lobster. I would love it so much

If Cole were there to helpfully remind everyone that he calls that move the Rock Lobster then the day would have been saved.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Now I'm imagining The Rock entering to the B-52s and the mental picture is delightful I tell you what.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

sticklefifer posted:

Now I'm imagining The Rock entering to the B-52s and the mental picture is delightful I tell you what.

Cactus Jack's "BANG BANG!" was originally a reference to "Love Shack." The Rock 'n' Sock Connection goes deeper than we realized.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Nominating this guy from the 40 to win Tough Enough

also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oggcnIKZ9Po

i can tell by the width of this guy's neck that he is a heavy juicer

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Don't talk about R-Truth like that!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

big time

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Raw was okay.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

hey la hey la

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Mulaney Power Move posted:

That's what tipped you off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

yeah you can tell how spindly and skinny he was before the juice based on the remnants of his pencil neck. tall skinny pencil necks profit the most from juicing. look at what brock lesnar became.

• Locked thread