Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Let's do it again :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Confirmed & role received

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

This is what I thought too.

@Met if it gets down to two heirs only, just let them hug it out and call it a Friendship Victory lol.

But the day before 2 heirs leaves 2 heirs and one aligned guard who knows who their heir is and they'd probably eliminate the opposing player.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Mithross posted:

Guys, I claimed the territory, I pick the name. But as I am a just and benevolent master, I will allow you to assist me.

Mith-[instert suffix here]

Pick your suffix. For example, Exakt likes -istan. So Mith-istan would be agreeable. But the prefix is set in stone.

Sounds like Mith has an "heir" of authority goin on here and I bend my knee to no man (except the rightful heir to the throne blah blah blah)
##Vote Mithross

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Opopanax posted:

##vote kleedrac . You seem awfully eager to assassinate an heir

I'm awfully eager to assassinate not-my-heir.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I've been thinking about what type of play to make given the scope of this game, but I think I can save us a lot of trouble in terms of figuring things out if I claim right now.

I am the Blue Heir.

I don't believe you - plus if this is true it seems a silly thing to claim day one.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Why would it be a silly thing to claim D1, it's not like I'll be night killed, but it's true. I am the Blue Heir, and things in this game are not as they appear to be.

It's an open setup my friend;

Met posted:

War in the Palace is an open setup nightless mafia for 9-players.

There are two Heirs, a handful of Guards for each that know the identity of the heir they support, and an Assassin that is trying to kill both of the heirs. This is a variant on Assassin in the Palace.

Setup
Blue Heir
3 Blue Guards
Red Heir
3 Red Guards
Assassin

Heir - Two Heirs with three guards each watching their backs. Doesn't know anyone's role. Wins when the other Heir and the Assassin have been killed.
Guard - Color aligned with an Heir. Does not reveal color on flip. Knows who their Heir is but not who the other guards are. Guards suicide if their Heir dies.
Assassin - Upon being lynched gets 1 or 2 shots (depending how many heirs remain) to kill the remaining heir(s). Wins if both Heirs are dead.

This makes me think you're a guard who's trying to cause confusion - as a fellow guard I say you can stop now - there is enough confusion to go around.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I get why you would be apprehensive about the claim, but it's true and I think my guards can affirm the claim.

GG: If you're going all-in on this then do it to it - but I don't think your gambit's gonna work.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Sure ##Vote Wall Monitor

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Mithross posted:

I feel like in this variant of AitP lurking is much less of a tell. Everyone has something to hide, there is no VT who is comfortable putting everything in the open. Everyone needs to hide either what they are or what they know.

I actually disagree with this Mithross for the following reasons;
1) Assassin: This player needs to gather as much information as possible while the game is going on - they cannot afford to die until they have a reasonable idea of who the two heirs are and in most games lurking is a great way to stay alive.
2) Guards: These are the VT - as a guard myself I'd gladly die if I think it's going to give my heir an advantage - I want my heir protected which means I'm going to be completely open and honest about every player in the game except them - I want to make cases against anyone of an opposing color alignment and essentially be VT
3) Heirs: Due to the nature of the game the heir has slightly less information than anyone else save assassin - but they has several players looking out for their best interests! Their best play is to try to blend in and hope if they make a mistake their guards will help build cases against others or make themselves seem like better lynch targets to save the heir - not a great reason to lurk here.

I think the assassin was/will be lurking in this game quite hard and it is very telling to find someone who is trying to stay out of it or only prod for more and more information so they get a sense of the heirs.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Sorry I posted and ran out the door to a job interview but the interviewer is late so I'm phone posting. It was pretty much sure I'll vote wall monitor because Wm seemed to be fishing for info during gg's gambit. Hope this helps.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I wanna see what Exakt thinks of Runaktla's plan before I vote.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Whoops - well then ...
I'm pretty sure one of Runaktla or Chaoslord aren't on my team. Looking back I think I'm on Runaktla's team so ...
##Vote: Chaoslord

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
That said if we think imgay is the assassin we should remove him earlier than later before he can piece together the heir's identities.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Long live the Red Empire! Long live Runaktla :)

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I really wanted the no win lol. I was hoping a red guard would pick up on what I was doing and also fake claim as heir. Oh welll lol gg. Thanks for running it Met.

I thought you were trying to get us red guards to reveal ourselves and hang ya ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Met posted:

Are Assassin games something people are interested in playing again? They're super easy to run.

I liked this one more than the first :)

• Locked thread