Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:flaccid:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Inverse Icarus posted:

i saw some big ol floppies in a frame on some show or something and commented about how it looked cool, and on my next birthday or whatever my wife made me this

she complained about having to spend a lot on ebay or wherever she got them and now we have 5 extra floating around the house

now thats what i call fine art!!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

You Am I posted:

I remember the $10 cheapy box of 10 floppy disks in the early 90s. At least two of the disks would have CRC errors on them

the ones with five pairs of disks, two of each colour? those were fun

i remember when personnel evaluation season came around and everyone was scrambling for usb floppy drives and ordering huge boxes of disks to take to the personnel evaluation board, because that was two months ago

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Inverse Icarus posted:

i saw some big ol floppies in a frame on some show or something and commented about how it looked cool, and on my next birthday or whatever my wife made me this

she complained about having to spend a lot on ebay or wherever she got them and now we have 5 extra floating around the house

am the asymmetry

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Sniep posted:

is it just me? where you post and nothing shows up in the thread no matter how much you refresh until you post again then both show up?

ya it happens to me too, both this time and in the past. i love my broken dead gay forum.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

hell yeah

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

this owns

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

christ

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

flakeloaf posted:

i remember

same

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Sweevo posted:

PCs can read both capacities, and the amiga could read PC-formatted floppies so i don't know what the problem is supposed to be

The amiga kickrom couldn't read PC formatted floppies though, so when I got an old Amiga from a friend that didn't include any software I had to contact some random Amiga nerd on the internet to borrow a set of boot floppies. He immediately wanted to be best friends forever, that poo poo was scary!

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
in the 90s i used to download really low quality wav files of simpsons sound clips on a 28.8k modem, and save them to floppy disks. once time i was bragging to my friend's older brother about it and i made a freudian slip "I have 5 dicks full of simpsons sounds". many laughs were had at my expense.

hope you enjoyed my floppy disk story

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

floppy dick story*

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

BANME.sh posted:

in the 90s i used to download really low quality wav files of simpsons sound clips on a 28.8k modem, and save them to floppy disks. once time i was bragging to my friend's older brother about it and i made a freudian slip "I have 5 dicks full of simpsons sounds". many laughs were had at my expense.

hope you enjoyed my floppy dick story
:dong:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like it but mostly because the fun and laughter comes entirely at your expense

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

you are not a floppy disk

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
i had one of these for the longest rear end time and it owned

moved it from between like 3 different computers growing up because i just liked it

there's my floopy story

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Sniep posted:

moved it from between like 3 different computers growing up because i just liked it

there's my floopy story

Usually the 5 1/4 has a latch to press down a spring clamp.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sniep posted:

there's my floopy story

I had one of those, no idea where it would be today tho

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Millstone posted:

Usually the 5 1/4 has a latch to press down a spring clamp.

right, thats what was cool about these is the pushbutton on the 5.25 one, it was just pressure locked

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

flakeloaf posted:

you are not a floppy disk

yes

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

flakeloaf posted:

the ones with five pairs of disks, two of each colour? those were fun
These were usually black, but there were also multicoloured disks (packs of 25 I think) for close to $25

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
cool secure storage that i had for my important* disks, or as we used to call them them: "diskettes":

*leisure suit larry

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
if it ain't zip, it ain't poo poo

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
tfw u try and stuff a minidisc in a disk drive: :smith:

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Inverse Icarus posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
That'll look great next to my framed vynls :cool:

• Locked thread