Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

violetdragon posted:

"Please make it stop."

"I'm afraid for my children."

:lol:

I do agree with one of the sodophobes that it should probably be rated TV-MA and not TV-14, but the first few episodes make it very clear that it's not appropriate for an 11 year-old.

MR. ROBOT - Thrusting, nudity & sounds of fluid transfer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Does USA even have anything TV-MA? Typically you only see TV-MA shows on FXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and AMC.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Accretionist posted:

Supplemental Viewing: A penetration tester's entertaining presentation about 'no tech' hacking

Note: Volume's a little high
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4kfsxF8Tio

This is great, thank you.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Jesus!

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
poor tyrell, he fully became my avatar

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
This show is pure :suspense: from beginning to end.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

That guy really wants that job!

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Another strong episode and the first one with Mr. Robot alone talking to another character?

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
Great ending scene with the therapist - I was wondering if they were going to tie her back into the story somehow.

Oh man that music when Tyrell started doing his thing on the roof :allears:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Not to mention when the music just stopped. :stare:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I don't know what it says about me when I was like don't leave her there throw her off the building!

Also still has the best title cards.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

The first thought I had when watching was "OMG he sees every girl as Shayla!"

Then that faded, and the thought I had later was "OMG he's Darlene too!"

Probably both wrong but the second one would be an awesome twist. If I learned anything from Scrubs, it was that Elliot could be a girl's name...

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Generic American posted:

Not to mention when the music just stopped. :stare:

That entire thing was just :stare: as hell

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
MR. ROBOT - Do you know the pressure of an ecstatic 6-year old?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dr Christa likes Anal.....

Serious loving episode, just crushing it left and right.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm uh, really rooting for Wellick to end up CTO but I'm not really seeing it in the cards here!! Only 3 more episodes to see where the hell he lands after this, also to see how Ollie fucks up Angela's gambit

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005

frosteh posted:

Oh man that music when Tyrell started doing his thing on the roof :allears:

I thought it might have been something from Grimes but I'm kinda glad it wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDP9MKVhZc

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm 100% sure this was part of Wellick's keikaku actually, a true politico at work

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

steakmancer posted:

I'm 100% sure this was part of Wellick's keikaku actually, a true politico at work

* Translator's note: keikaku means plan.

But seriously, this entire season thus far has been amazing. I hope it can keep this momentum up because it might just be the best show of 2015.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I feel like Wellick is grasping for air at this point. His scheming has just been a little too firm.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
This is the most :stare: show

apatheticman posted:

I don't know what it says about me when I was like don't leave her there throw her off the building!

Also still has the best title cards.
Funny, I had the same thought.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

apatheticman posted:

Yeah.... you're not alone in that. I took another minute to think about it and it's better to make it seem like she went missing until someone finally finds the body because that'll make it harder to figure out when/how the murder happened instead of knowing (via the strangle marks) it was a murder at the same time she fell off the building. Then I took another minute and realized he needs to get her body found ASAP so he doesn't get fired by Scotty McDeadWife before keikaku completes.

And yeah, the music stopping. Brilliant cinematography as usual. The first scene had me dying inside as well. Gonna miss Shayla. :(

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I've seen a good 90% of all Law & Order episodes. Tyrell should have probably chucked her off the roof if he wanted to kill her and get away with it.

But nope. He not only kissed her and left his DNA on/in her mouth, but i'd imagine any NYC medical examiner worth their salt is going to try and lift some finger or palm prints off her throat.

And not just that, but wouldn't there be security cam footage somewhere on the way up to the roof of the two of them going up, but only one coming down?

You dumb, Tyrell.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Unless Tyrell has gone completely off the deep end and snapped, and doesn't give a gently caress if he gets convicted of murder, in which case, him being a sloppy murder doofus makes total sense.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm worried that the "no consequences for the rich" motif they've got going in will culminate in murder being seen as an alpha dog move.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gonz posted:

I've seen a good 90% of all Law & Order episodes. Tyrell should have probably chucked her off the roof if he wanted to kill her and get away with it.

But nope. He not only kissed her and left his DNA on/in her mouth, but i'd imagine any NYC medical examiner worth their salt is going to try and lift some finger or palm prints off her throat.

And not just that, but wouldn't there be security cam footage somewhere on the way up to the roof of the two of them going up, but only one coming down?

You dumb, Tyrell.

Gonz posted:

Unless Tyrell has gone completely off the deep end and snapped, and doesn't give a gently caress if he gets convicted of murder, in which case, him being a sloppy murder doofus makes total sense.

He specifically mentioned that the cameras have been out for months when he lures her up there.

And yeah, he snapped, murdered her, then didn't know how to react. He panicked and left a total mess.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Ehud posted:

He specifically mentioned that the cameras have been out for months when he lures her up there.

Ah, guess I probably didn't catch that line. Makes sense, then.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Subterfrugal posted:

I'm worried that the "no consequences for the rich" motif they've got going in will culminate in murder being seen as an alpha dog move.

Has anything Tyrell's done gone well for him?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The guy had a few wipes or whatever on him and wiped her mouth and neck area.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

Still probably not well enough.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Doctor Butts posted:

He just wiped her mouth.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Elliot, Angela, and Tyrell all destroyed it this week. This show nails character emotion better than anything I've watched since Breaking Bad.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
A victim that wealthy and connected would bring the kind of attention that turns up flecks of skin and eyelashes. He shouldn't get away with it, not really, but we'll see.

Also, I loved the psychologist's head twitch when he said he hacks everyone, as though the shift from seeing a stalker to seeing the physical embodiment of what computers have done to privacy was physically jarring.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Last 2 episodes have sealed this as my favourite show of the year. Rami Malek is a phenomenal actor.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Gonz posted:

You dumb, Tyrell.

Reality isn't CSI, it'd be really dumb if the show kept itself realistic about hacking only to pull out sci-fi forensics suddenly.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Love this show's cinematography and storylines. I still think the pilot has been the best episode, but each episode so far has been strong in its own way.

The members of fsociety are actually all on a plane right now being incepted. Mr. Robot is just a projection of Elliot's subconsciousness to all the other fsociety members. Can't wait for DiCaprio to show up in the finale! (this is my dumb theory and will stick to it)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Xoidanor posted:

Reality isn't CSI, it'd be really dumb if the show kept itself realistic about hacking only to pull out sci-fi forensics suddenly.

What part would be sci-fi forensics?

Latent fingerprints can be recovered from dead bodies: https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/abstract.aspx?ID=161111

The circumstances must be right, but it can be done.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.

Ehud posted:

What part would be sci-fi forensics?

Latent fingerprints can be recovered from dead bodies: https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/abstract.aspx?ID=161111

The circumstances must be right, but it can be done.

Nah man, they totally wouldn't go all out. She's just the wife of the CTO who works for the most powerful corporation in the world.

Watching this show on USA is really jarring when you see all the advertisements for the garbage looking soap opera shows in-between. I always catch the last 2 minutes of the show before Mr Robot and it's always the same two guys arguing.

JMod
Dec 12, 2004
I'm not as l33t as I used to be, but how does he bruteforce everyone's gmail and facebook passwords? Don't you need a local password file to do that, otherwise he'd get locked out after a few tries? It's fine if its just "he just can okay" but I'm just curious if I'm missing something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

It's not really explained at all how he gets that stuff, but most modern hackers do that by using the data breach information.

If one of your targets had their password stolen in a large data breach, there's a statically high chance that password is the same for everything they use. So like if your Sony password was revealed (it was) and you didn't change ALL of your passwords, every account that you have which uses that password is potentially compromised by a hacker like Elliott that is targeting people.

Also there's the whole non-tech hacking thing that was in the video posted earlier.

• Locked thread