Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

What if Christian Slater is real, and Elliot's part of his imagination! :catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Tyrell's not real. Nope, no way. Just another figment of Elliot's deranged imagination.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

hcreight posted:

So now that Ghost Dad is confirmed I'm still a little curious how a few things really went down, especially the Slater/Tyrell limo scene from last week. The ending didn't make that any clearer.

E: Beaten.

It's symbolic. Two aspects of Elliot's personality working behind his back without his knowledge. Neither are real.

Everything we've seen of Tyrell Wellick is just Elliot's imagination.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

hcreight posted:

As much as that would make sense to a degree, it would mean they spent a good chunk of the season showing a bunch of poo poo that didn't happen. I'm not convinced they could do that effectively.

I"m beginning to suspect more and more of this show is "a bunch of poo poo that didn't happen." What's more likely, a literal Patrick Bateman clone beating up hobos and murdering the CTO's wife on the roof of E Corp's own building, or Elliot imagining that such a man exists?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Feenix posted:

Well my point was she was snarky and roll-eyes-y at everyone, always, and kinda just had that "psshhhh, whatever dude! As if!!" Vibe.
The last 2 or 3 eps she has been very not that.

Maybe because since she's arrived in NYC, her brother has had his girlfriend brutally murdered and she's come to realize he's got some serious mental issues?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Elliot is Tyrell, but doesn't work for E-Corp. Tyrell is just Elliiot's imagination of what kind of person works at E-Corp - a murderous psychopath. All the Tyrell scenes without Elliot are just what Elliot imagines Tyrell's life is like and to give the Tyrell personality motivation.

Wouldn't it be great if the next time Elliot bumps into Christian Slater, he's all like, "oh no, I'm hallucinating my dad again!" and Christian Slater is like, "duh, whut?" and he ends up to be a completely unrelated dude. Then Elliot goes home and looks in his photo album and it's all the same photos as before, but his dad is a totally different guy and not Christian Slater at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Seriously, the way Tyrell just magically shows up as soon as Darlene goes to the pharmacist, followed by the way they talk to each other at the fun house, it doesn't make sense unless they're the same person. It's also the only way Mr. Robot and Tyrell meeting in the car outside makes sense.

I'm pretty sure Terry Colby never directly interacted with Tyrell. He was always just a part of the entourage. The new CTO is just part of Elliot's elaborate delusion, as is the strangled wife. Tyrell's Lady MacBeth wife and baby is just there to give the Tyrell personality motivation to go along with Elliot's hack with the intention of swooping in to save E Corp and regain his glory.

Elliot's about to pull off the greatest hack in history just to turn around and save E Corp - how is F-Society going to react to that? How are the Chinese hackers going to react to that?

Either that, or Tyrell is real and Elliot is his delusion. :D

• Locked thread