Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
He probably shouldn't be taking all these drugs when he's extremely mentally ill imo but it explains all the hallucinations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Shoren posted:

It definitely was. The "rapper" trying to push his "new album" was really just trying to distribute a CD with malicious software on it, hence the boyfriend complaining that the CD didn't work and his laptop just kept spitting it out. Afterward the "rapper" was the one typing in Chinese "We're in" presumably to the Dark Army group. If they're tackling the Chinese side of things then they're likely a Chinese hacker group. What exactly they're targeting Angela for (connections to Evil Corp through Allsafe?) is another matter.

Trying to hack anyone at allsafe since he was standing outside the offices

adrenaline_junket posted:

One thing I really love about this show so far is their attention to technical accuracy. Whether it be the hacking, or the date rape effects, or even just the modern day that people are trying to get their warez picked up on the street, its a pleasant departure from all the hollywood hacking and cliches that normally adorn TV shows.

His dealer would never have been asleep so soon after taking mdma :spergin:

Jose fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 2, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

adrenaline_junket posted:

Here, take this, its ecstasy, you'll feel alive. (:ssh: its actually a rohypnol)... She was obviously date raped. She had no idea where she was, why she was in a bath, why she had contusions on her head, or if she'd even had sex.

I meant in the first episode

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I hope his friend and boyfriend tell Elliot whats happened in the next episode rather than it get dragged out and the only reason it didn't happen in this episode was their panic over it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I liked his dealer girlfriend calling him out on thinking he knows her just because he's hacked all of her stuff and knows a bunch of personal information. Maybe she should have been angry about it but idk

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
She knew that Elliot had taken down the dealer so thoroughly that he was going away for murder which suggests to me she knows that he is a hacker. I could be wrong though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
What songs were used in this episode? This is really good and well shot too and I kind of worry the really bad name will stop it being popular and get it cancelled :v:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Femur posted:

Did I miss it, or what is Angela getting out of the deal with the old CTO? I don't remember her mentioning that he has to testify against E-Corp, she just got the "truth" about what happened, which doesn't seem that useful to her case.

She gets him to testify, with immunity, that Evil Corp dumped the toxic waste that killed her mum. For doing this she's sacrificing her job by saying it was her gently caress up that led to the hack/information leak so he is in the clear

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Zythrst posted:

She's not saying she caused the hack, she's saying she messed up chain of custody so that the evidence might be tainted.'

edit- If your familiar with baseball this was how Ryan Braun was cleared in his PED case the first time.

I knew it wasn't the hack exactly but its late and I forgot what she was saying other than sacrificing her job for it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Tyrell is an alien looking fucker

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Spergatory posted:

I thought it was original score, but I just found out the song used during :siren:THE REVEAL:siren: last week is called "Gone" by M83. It's pretty great.

m83 did the oblivion sound track and whatever you think of the film, its an amazing sound track

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ShakeZula posted:

The therapy seems like an odd situation. It is/was important to understanding Elliot's mind and provided that excellent scene where he "reveals" himself to the therapist so it has to be in the show, but it's not the kind of thing his character would do voluntarily so it has to be mandated by authority. This runs up against the post-Darlene reveal search scene, though, since if he did something to warrant court-ordered therapy sessions he would almost certainly have shown up in a few databases and wouldn't be the complete ghost that he appears to be in that scene.

You mean the kind of database he would have hacked and deleted himself from

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Vera is not coming back

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Waynebo posted:

we're actually all figments of christian slater's imagination. how else do you explain a show with christian slater that hasn't gotten canceled???

the first season hasn't finished yet so theres still time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

muscles like this? posted:

It's already been renewed for a second season at least.

oh good, i'd not seen that. idk how good the ratings are and its really good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

chaosbreather posted:

there's a bunch of overkill in the show that i imagine is purely for effect. like they toasted that whole computer, case and all. probably unnecessary; unless the nsa has gotten craazy the computer fan doesn't sto're any data

in the real world cybercrime is insanely traceable, i don't recommend it. the internet routes your connection through a ton of different servers, the owners of precisely none of which appreciate being used for crimes, especially bandwidth-expensive crimes and all of which will totally cooperate with basically anyone to avoid the slightest chance of being charged as an accomplice. like, its sweet that you're using a proxy server in a non-extradition country but you still have to go through your isp and their isp and so on to even get out there. and tor is a non-starter since basically every entry and exit node is run by the feds to catch nonces.

the worst of it comes from places like china/russia though where the government don't give a poo poo about co-operating with tracking people down

did anyone else think the guy who blew his brains out looked like tyrell a bit? mostly in the mannerisms/smile. not that i think it means anything of course

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

n3wt posted:

There is someone else who knows this!
I knew that interpol would jump on that after the embassy cables leak and the guy explained how he did it but the feds are probably less looking for nonces and more for political "dissent".
It's why Edward Snowden is constantly going on about encryption, encryption, encryption despite stuff like tor seeming safe.

i mean i'm not in the US but it seems like if the feds busted tons of paedophiles that it would have also made the news here and basically the only news about tor is the silkroad guy's court case

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
How many of the songs used in the show are on the google music sound track? I love the music but a quick glance suggests its all show original music

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

MorphineMike posted:

Cisco totally walked in on Trenton and Mobley loving on the floor the other side of the couch

i always got the feeling trenton had feelings for darlene and i've really bad deja vu making this post

also its a shame there is no way to get an album of all the licensed songs for this in google music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Zzulu posted:

he's a huge pussy and is abused by everyone he knows

should have made a better mix tape

• Locked thread