Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Following that QR code to the Ecorp Resume at the bottom of the page the Contact Me link directs to some hidden subreddits set up for the show.

One of them is heavily hinting towards a parallel dimension:

https://www.reddit.com/r/REALMysterySpot/comments/74zb42/gravitational_waves_leaking_from_parallel/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

My favorite part was all the people vaping

I'm expecting all the feelings of "Hollywood" to pay off, it might be like that for a reason. The common theme in this series is that nothing is like what it seems, and Elliot is an unreliable narrator.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The best part of the episode was the amount of contempt and disdain in Price's voice when he talks about BITCOIN

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Glad they got Joey Bada$$ before he was blinded

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Whiterose figured out they are living in a computer simulation and has been loving with the variables and constants

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

My favorite part of the episode was all the lingering shots on the television talking about the annex of the congo by China instead of the current breaking news of Ecorp being raided by protesters.

I mean it's not even a typical protest, people seem to have been killed, and police were overrun, guaranteed this would make the news instantly if some high rise company in New York got raided.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m pretty sure a country being annexed by another country on a different continent is a Bigger Deal than some office building riot.

It's the company that controls the country's currency though

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

When Irving chats with Angela in the Red Wheelbarrow she asks him if Whiterose showed him.

Irving goes into a monologue about how technology is become so crazy, that no one can predict what happens next.

Nearly every episode this season has teased something regarding parallel realities. I'm expecting that to be the reveal at the end of this season, season 4 deals with that aftermath

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

I thought that this was the season finale, and that the ep ended like 3 times at the end.

Each time I was so relieved. I'm glad they showed what he was seeing. thought they were gonna be cheap and cliff hang us but they didn't. Shows good

Yeah and with all the teasing of parallel dimensions I was not expecting the huge terrorist attack to be the reveal.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

What if Elliot went back in time to push himself out of the window?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Would they even want to undo the hack though?

I can see Elliot talking to Darlene about it and then bringing in Dom. And then it ends with them being shutdown because Ecorp, the FBI, and Whiterose don't want the hack to be undone.

I suppose they could make it public that things could be reversed, causing more unrest with the public.

Very interested to see where the last few episodes go.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Why don't you think Ecorp wants the hack undone? After the way White Rose treated Price last week undoing the hack would be a huge boon for Ecorp (not to mention the Ecoin).

Wouldn't Ecorp want everyone to just keep using Ecoin? I could see Price undoing it just to spite White Rose though

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Sold out :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

I think it’s highly possible that some folks just got some hastily encoded rips that had actual hiccups in them and are mistaking them for intentional Easter eggs.

Edit: even if you watched live on cable, that poo poo can gently caress up too.

When I was watching American Gods and the main character was getting beat up by the computer/internet god lackeys my stream started to stutter and freeze and the sound cut in and out. I thought it was a really cool and clever effect but it turns out my internet was just failing.

I was hoping for more reveals on what the equipment in the Congo was for but I guess we need something for season 4. I'm still leaning into the paranormal/esoteric areas because it's fun to theorize about. Also it all seems too convenient that Elliot is THE super hacker that no one else can solve the problems, even Whiterose's second in command comments on this.

I'm half expecting season 4 to open with Jack from LOST yelling "We have to go back!" while Elliot's watching TV with Vera just so Sam Esmail can gently caress with us time travel believers.

• Locked thread