Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Shbobdb posted:

I just watched the pilot and it was good. Is the show worth watching or does it flame out hard?
There are a few slow parts but generally speaking it gets better with age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

You people who think Tyrell = Elliott are adorable. Any by adorable I mean stupid. :colbert:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I wish the FBI lady wasn't seared into my mind as such a lovely character on The Newsroom.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Great ep. This doesn't really bother me because I'm not an uberdork but it did make me laugh that so much of the season has been about a Tor site and then when you finally get to see it they opened it in Firefox. How did they possibly make that mistake haha

How'd this episode do for the institution theory?
Haha joke's on you mister self-proclaimed uberdork :colbert:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Maybe have more brainpower than a sea urchin and just remember how many days are in each month.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I don't know what it is about TV and movies but I seem to be able to prevent myself from trying to guess the plot twists.

The prison reveal, for example, it would have blown my mind if I hadn't seen the asylum theories in this thread, even after I dismissed them as silly.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Zurui posted:

The book drives home the ironic symbolism when the final plan to blow up the buildings fails because the explosives are poorly made. It's telegraphed through the entire book that none of Project Mayhem's antics will actually change anything.
Why would that be ironic? Are they Chinese or something?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The zoom out on BD Wong at an LHC-type site is 110% time travel/alternate reality shenanigans.

Also, is Elliot admitting the attempted revolution just made things worse a commentary by Sam Esmail on Bernie Sanders???

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What would be the point of Christian Slater meddling and trying to blow up Evil Corp?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

S2 turned off a lot of people. See: True Detective, Serial.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I went through their stupid email this morning and didn't get a Dot this afternoon.

This is sacrilege.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I hope you guys who got a hoodie don't fit into it :colbert:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

timp posted:

THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE!

Is that from something or did they write it for this show?
A silly chant for silly left-wing protestors.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

When the ep aired lived, did it just have 15 min of commercials after or what?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Snak posted:

But yeah, then he only becomes actually suspicious when she's carrying a badge that doesn't belong to her with a higher clearance than she has. And gets caught lying about why.
Seriously people, this was clearly the necessitating factor. Goons: still bad at watching TV. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Harminoff posted:

gently caress yeah I finally got something from e-coin!
NOOOOOOO just checked my email, received it 2 min ago and already too late :(

• Locked thread