Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Also if Whiterose's plan is to decohering reality in some way, putting Trump in charge is a good way to get people onboard with this plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
One thing that continually intrigues me is the notion of Whiterose's Stage 2 and Robot/Tyrell's Stage 2 being different things that yet serve each other. Destroying E-Corp's paper back-ups clearly ruins Price and the company, which is what Whiterose wants, but how might it factor into her plan which, as I've been hearing it, feels like some kind of test of their control over reality? They're clearly timing them to coincide, but why apart from WR enjoying synchronicity?

I'm actually reminded of Neal Stephenson's novel Anathem, whose plot revolves around the interactions between parallel universes. A group of scientists in one universe learn how to manipulate the flow of information between one universe and another, and can affect the cource of events in a given universe by using that information; they refer to this as narrative control.

But the key lynchpin is that for a person to control a universe's narrative, he needs to be able to throttle outside, contradictory information. To my point, I wonder if destroying the physical E-Corp records doesn't serve a similar purpose? E-Corp practically owns the world in the Mr. Robot universe, and a huge amount of what people know to be verifiably true-- bank records, real estate, bills and invoices, etc-- are tied up in their paperwork. What if destroying that data is instrumental in Whiterose's ability to affect some kind of existential change in their universe?

• Locked thread