Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

ApexAftermath posted:

Anyone else getting the feeling that Angela is going to get "Gideoned" at some point?

No. I feel like she's going to assassinate someone important though. Too many WW1 references in Price's office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
The synth music is back in the most recent episode. When Ray meets Elliot at the end the music that plays is similar to when he met Joanna last season.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

BrianWilly posted:

And I get why this should work from a purely technical, mechanical filmmaking standpoint. But it just does not ever work for me, for two main reasons: one, it's stupidly unrealistic and breaks immersion. Actual conversations don't work like that; no one's gonna wait half an hour for you to have a silent internal monologue with yourself before coming up with the correct canned responses to their demands, especially if you're being grilled on something that they find suspicious. They're gonna go "Hello? Excuse me? Did you hear me? I asked you a question. Anybody home?" and then they're gonna be triply suspicious of anything you say anyway.

The other reason is, like I said, they really overuse this trick. It gets to the point that you can see these routines coming well in advance and, worst of all, you get desensitized to them with every repeat showing.

I think it's fine for Elliot and Angela to be awkward as hell in whatever conversations they have opposed to let's say Dom or Joanna who probably aren't as socially awkward and can think on their feet. I never had the super smooth conversations with people in real life that's usually portrayed on TV anyway. You just have a different perception of what a normal conversation is.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I caught up with the last two episodes and I really wish they did more with Joanna. Why would Joanna end up with some barista dude and not some other rich dude she can manipulate? I'm surprised she doesn't have a small circle of people from ECorp that she knows or a group of yuppie moms. I'm also upset that Tyrell is probably dead, I thought that he would be a larger threat in season 2.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, it really stretches the suspension of disbelief when she's getting grilled by Dom about why she was on the restricted floor and she stares unblinkingly at her like a soulless robot, then after about 5-10 seconds of silence gives a strange smile and monotone answer. It's like, "Uhhh, wouldn't Dom immediately bring her in because she's acting insane?"

Yeah and Dom definitely doesn't trust her at all and wants to bring her in. She also had earbuds on so I could see why it took her so long to respond. I don't notice her cold, soulless robot stare, it's more of an anxiousness if anything else. I just don't find her expression to be as annoying as everyone else is making it out to be. It just sounds she's just into some deep poo poo she really shouldn't be in and that's how any normal person would act. She's constantly on edge and lacks the confidence compared to the other characters on the show.

Idia fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 22, 2016

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mameluke posted:

There's a theory going around that Joanna met him at the party Tyrell murdered Sharon at, and she's using him to clear at least one of the charges from Tyrell's name and secure his severance (from the premiere) for her.

Oh, that's a good theory. I wonder how she'll set him up though. He doesn't have a history with Sharon Knowles unless Joanna fabricates some prior history between the two. I hope they speed up this Joanna side story.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

so who is the pyromaniac chick going to turn out to be?

Another whiterose/dark army spy or soldier working with Leon?

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Playing that Mr.Robot game and it really gives you better insight of these characters. Darlene is callous. She has no sympathy for anyone. I feel like she can totally become a villain on the show. I also wonder if she was sexually abused as a child based on those library books. Hopefully more info about her past is revealed on the show. Elliot is a lot more manipulative than I initially thought. I wonder if this show will end up portraying them as the "bad ones" in later seasons.

I'm kinda sad that I'm missing this week's episode. I'll have to catch up with everything next weekend.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

fuckin Lois never replied to my initial message to her, I guess it bugged out :( yeah you look at your big donut, rear end in a top hat

She doesn't respond back but you should have gotten a tip from her. Check her messages again. Also ask Darlene for more info.
Answer below:
it's the hr phone number. Message them and say that you're her husband and you need access to your 401k. You should message Darlene for more info about Mrs.Berry's husband. He works as a real estate agent. You'll need to give HR that info and they give you the file.

Idia fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 25, 2016

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Troy Queef posted:

I did like how in the game... (spoiler stuff I haven't gotten to yet.)

Honestly I just finished the Louis part. I got this game a day ago. I'll get back on your huge spoil post. It just hit me how horrible Darlene is. I told her how scummy I felt afterwards when she said she gets thrills or highs doing this to people. It's one thing to feel bad breaking some eggs for the revolution or whatever but she literally feels good about messing with people. I just think it's callous. She's literally turning into Joanna unless she was always like this on some level.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

a dog from hell posted:

I think it's obvious even in the show that she's very much a "the ends justify the means" kind of person.

I understand ends justify the means but like I said before she enjoys actually messing with people. Kinda like how the Wellicks enjoy killing or physically harming people. Elliot is a "ends justify the means" person, from this game it does reveal that they're is something deeply disturbing about her personality compared to Elliot's. She doesn't really have morals while Elliot sort of does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

Thanks for this, but it doesn't seem to help. Lois never even responded to the first message I sent her, and I don't have an HR contact to message. Googling shows me that you get it in the course of messaging her. I've checked any other contact and can't send anything to anyone else. Bummer :(

That really sounds like a bug. Sorry about that. You can reset the game and start again. Now I'm scared I'll run into a bug a little far into the game.

• Locked thread