Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
When I heard about this show from the promos before it aired, I was also skeptical about it being on USA. I watch CW more than I do any other network, so I'm not exactly a TV-snob, but I'd never watch something on USA. If it were not for the fact that it aired in the middle of summer, when Hannibal is the only other quality show worth watching, I'd likely never have given it a chance (which would have been a mistake). Now, I'll even give that sci-fi show USA has been teasing during Mr. Robot a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

qbert posted:

CEO isn't worried because Tyrell contacted him letting him know he has the encryption key and wants to make a deal for it. Mr. Robot's allowing E Corp to recover because it's part of a larger overall takedown plan.

Agreed.

There is a lot more going with the CEO. He is completely secure in his position despite overseeing the biggest financial catastrophe in history. He knows about Eliot, is a member of that Illuminati group and is acquainted with White Rose. Even if/when E Corp recovers, it's going to be a shell of its former self, which will likely have a severe financial cost to the CEO, but he is not terribly concerned with the situation. The hack seems to have benefited him - most likely in covering up some other nefarious activity - probably the work of his Illuminati friends. The people at that gathering would have likely lost billions in the fallout from this hack, and no one gave him so much as a dirty look.

• Locked thread