Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Mr. Powers posted:

I'm beginning to think that Elliott doesn't like us like he used to anymore.

He still likes "us", he just doesn't trust us. He hides us from his therapist and sets a place for us in his idealized future, so he still cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Problematic Pigeon posted:

I'm pretty sure the dude who leads the rape gang is also the dude who talks about beating an Indian shopkeeper in Elliot's church group. I guess God actually wasn't standing by him after all.

Or, conversely, God is ok with a shithead getting knifed in the rear end in a top hat.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, "we" are quite literally the audience. You know how like every single person said from episode 1 that "Mr. Robot is totally in his head"? Well, you kept that information from him and that made him feel betrayed.

In the future when watching this show you should loudly exclaim all relevant facts you've discovered at Elliot whenever possible.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

The Sean posted:

As we are shown in a flashback intro to an episode, Elliot fully intended to get a job in order to take down Evil Corp as a proverbial trojan horse

That wasn't Elliot.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Mr. Nemo posted:

The super smart house the E Corp lawyer had, the AI the FBI girl talked to. "When will the wolrd end?", etc.

The first is poo poo you can do now, the second is just SIRI.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

To be there was very very stupid. That might be a pet peeve, but is the one thing that really bothered me this season.

I mean, there they are hacking and commanding the biggest conspiracy ever, in someone else's house, when that someone can show up at any minute, and theu have no way of knowing when or preventing it, and she happens to be this important executive in the very own company that they are trying to destroy

Be there for a day or two and it would have beem OK, but they been there for like a week, obviously the owner would come around eventually. How the gently caress did they think that was a good idea

There's a reason Elliot is in charge. When his stupidity overwhelms him, he has a backup personality.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
You should never gently caress with the understanding of which months have 30 and which have 31 days, I feel like I've lost years of my life discussing that bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

maskenfreiheit posted:

China will eventually (10-20 years in the future) be the world's superpower if things continue on their current path

Nah, they are absolutely poo poo at projecting power and they aren't currently taking steps to change that. And because they aren't right now doing that, they won't be ready to do it in 10 or 20 years. Also all their neighbors still like us more than them.

People really have no loving idea what the word "superpower" means, or just how key the US is to everything, or just how amazingly far we'd have to fall not to be number 1, or the catastrophic the effects would be on the rest of the world as it happened. So no, let me spoil your lifetime. It won't be BRIC, it won't be Europe, it won't be anybody but us in the top seat for the rest of your natural life. Empire die hard, and they die long.

• Locked thread