Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

DaveKap posted:

The first half of what you bolded, that Elliot holds animosity towards his father, is actually a complete mystery that's a part of my theory. I can only assume Elliot holds some kind of animosity because it's most likely the "shoved out a window" thing that made him change into the "DO NOT TOUCH" person he is. I'd go so far as to bet that Elliot is the one who wouldn't talk to his father "even on the day he died."

But yes, the boardwalk scene is when he said that his father is the one who held animosity towards him.

I also missed a key part of my theory. I bet you that for season 2 or 3, Elliot loses the memory of his family again and when this happens, Mr. Robot once again uses it as an opportunity to start a new kind of hack.

The "ghost of regret" theory sounds wholly plausible, and fits pretty much everything we've seen so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yeah, he'd be pretty evil if he didn't actually give a drat about what he did half the time. He certainly didn't fully intend to stoop as low as he's done on his own volition, couple that with his huge sense of remorse over the CTO-to-be's wife's murder, and I can say that he's not quite irredeemable yet. He could honestly end up coming out of this as an anti-hero if they wanted to go that route.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

My assumption is that he's since severed connection, but it wouldn't be anywhere out of the ordinary for one of them to reach out to the other at any given point.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

As soon as that happened, it seemed ominous. It will definitely be used against them later.

Dom is by far my favorite new character in the show, and I can't wait to see how her character ends up playing out. Man this show is great.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 11, 2016

• Locked thread