Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Cactus posted:

I hope that this is one of the themes the show is angling towards. It depends whether the writers are going for a V for Vendetta-type "what if OWS was successful?" revolution fantasy, or whether it's going more in a Wolf of Wall Street or The Wire direction, in that these institutions are so big they're self-perpetuating and the elites that control them have so much wealth they never suffer any real consequences no matter what happens. Or even a totally bonkers other direction I haven't even thought of. Either way I can't wait to find out where this is going.

Sam Esmail has stated that the show was inspired by his time with the Arab Spring in Egypt, so I heavily suspect that the show will play out similarly: the "revolution" looks like it's going to change everything, but the elites are far cleverer than suspected, and the masses utterly fail to "wake up". So what they end up with is just the same world as before but the ruling class has shuffled around a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Ratings haven't been great:

http://deadline.com/2016/07/mr-robot-ratings-hit-low-season-2-debut-emmys-rami-malek-usa-network-1201786811/

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Craig Robertson's character says he got the journal because he is friends with the "chaplain". Surely, if the the meeting was at a church he would be friends with the minister or the priest, a chaplain is only attached to an institution like a military or more relevantly, a hospital.

I'm no religious expert, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like a pretty big clue.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Are we supposed to know who the guy that Joanna had drugged then killed was? I know he was in the previous episode, but was he in it before that?

• Locked thread