Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Binary Logic posted:

/\ I don't know if it's coincidence or a deliberate choice by the show but every time I see the tilted E Corp logo I "replace" it in my mind with this other evil one:

The inversion of the angsty hacker trope is Tyrell Wellick, senior VP Technology who started out exactly where Elliot is now.

It's very clearly deliberate and I'm surprised everyone didn't immediately get that.

To be honest the pilot didn't really grab me, I'm not really a fan of how unsubtle and cartoonishly evil "evil corp" is, that stupid logo being a big part of that. I get that a lot of it is due to a unreliable narrator, but the more I hear of his world view the more I question why I should give a poo poo about him. Also feel like the writing is really uneven especially when it comes to Mr. Robot himself, who has so far made some really tortured metaphors i.e. "you're in prison like my father who was a literal thief."

I dunno I probably give this a few more episodes, but it's really dependent on where they take the main character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread