Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

fuuuck does elliot have a new mr robot in his head or is that dude alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

Closing with Earth Angel. Keeping up this BttF theme for opening and closing eh? Hrrrmmmm

yea, that was cool. and it was all echoy and faded and stuff

Hollismason posted:

Uh is that the same actor?

def keeping with the bttf theme

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 15, 2016

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

hurtmeplz posted:

3 min echo commercial, nice! at least we know Alexa is a stupid bitch.

i thought that was really good. it started as hah yea i like to ask alexa dumb poo poo too, to being a lil to close to home

this show is wierd in how it makes me feel. it's more helpless despair than exciting darkness (breaking bad for instance)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i thought it was the same actor but i also wanted to make a bttf joke

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hollismason posted:

So is the twist going to be that Tyrell is in fact not imaginary.

It could be either and it would still be a twist for me

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

Technically this is the first half of the finale, going by the episode title. For whatever reason USA decided to split this one over two weeks instead of running it all at once like they did with the premiere.

I'm not worried about the supernatural/time travel stuff, assuming they do it in a low-key way and not a Back to the Future type thing. One thing I really like about this season is how they gradually show the world turning into a dystopian cyberpunk future, to the point where introducing sci-fi poo poo feels way more believable now than it would have during season one.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This just pin pointed a thought for me: is all of this stuff a dream/delusion? Then, with all the other stuff being floated around I now get the matrix stuff: it could be in a simulation.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol at the diatribe about the dangers of bit coin was funny

...but also, terrifying how right it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E9xxTK3jKY

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

The brown outs have been whiterose reversing/fixing F-society's hacks or Dom's investigations with the time machine. Whiterose is so paranoid about time because she already knew what was going to transpire and has to stay "on script" to get it to happen.

Tyrel Wellick seems a bit different because he is not the current Tyrel. He's a Tyrel from the future.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cuut it ouuut

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

On first watch through I was distracted doing house chores and so when I saw angela sitting across from a lil angela on a TRS-80 I thought we were ina a dream sequence or something.

This show does a good job at making me wonder if we were ever awake.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I was worried that this show wasn't going to be able to go anywhere for Season 2 but it's full on Fargoing in how it's pivot game.

I liked that we got to see more of FBI lady, I didn't like her at first but her apartment is a mess, she has tattoos and is far less put together than I thought and that makes her more likeable

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The cab driver said "al Qaeda " right?

If he did, I imagine he was saying something like "get in the loving taxi or don't, it's not like im AL Qaeda or something"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh, its 5/9 like a date. NOT 5 9s as in 99.999% (as in 5 nines uptime)

Weaponized Cum posted:

Frank Semyon: Never do anything out of hunger. Even eating.

lol

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

blunt posted:

Shamelessly stolen from reddit but Angela's abductors ("Inconspicuous man/woman") are listed in the credits of 7 episodes and someone found most of them:

S02E02:

S02E04:

S02E05:

S02E08

Plus last week, this week and next week.

Lol, I want to believe. Show is rad if so

I've kind of had a feeling that someone has been looking at us when we are in open places with Angela, but I dunno if I was picking up on the people looking or what.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Khablam posted:

This show is compelling at the moment, because you can throw any idea at the show and find evidence for it.

One reading is chaos theory; Whiterose is suggesting it was the wing flap that set it all in motion, not that she planned it from that point.
Of course, the BttF themes were not subtle, so who knows at this point.

BttF2* had a dystopian present/future by way of a monolithic corporation/figure controlling everything. This was changed by going back in time (to where he had already been) and trying to prevent the catalyst, whilst also being unable to interfere with his plot from the first film (his previous events).

What if Mr. Robot/Elliot is how one person is experiencing living the same period of time again, with a mission to change the outcome? Mr. Robot is the original Elliot on the original timeline, his actions that brought about the end of the world as we know it. Elliot is the re-tread trying to create an opposing reaction given he can't change the actions Mr. Robot took.
He may not even be the same person, but someone else interacting with the timeline in that way. This could explain why Elliot knows almost nothing about his life at the beginning of S1.

I wish I had made a note of all the power spikes & brownouts, because I have a feeling they're not literal and will come into play. If we're going on some form of timelines/chaos theory route they could mark the points where different outcomes could have emerged.
From the last episode we have Angela telling lawyer lady to not call her again right after one. She was deciding to do that at that point. Given how pivotol her investigation of the plant has become that could be key.
From the previous episode there was one as Dom was looking for the diner.

My LOLWHATIF theory is Stage 2 is revealed, and it's Wellick telling Elliot how he has gotten him a job at allsafe and has planted some code in E-Corps server.
What if the prison was this season's distraction, and we haven't noticed every event involving Elliot is a prequel to S1?

* - In the Last Episode Angela says they've come a long way from 'getting high and watching BttF2' - Elliot says they never did do that.

"what am i missing?" says elliot

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

Do we really have to wait an entire loving week for this poo poo.

I'm feeling a little apoplectic myself.

im glad s2 existed if only for these fuckin lines that suddenly seem very topical

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Should've had Christian Slater accept the award on his behalf, while Rami Malek just stared at him confused.

god dammit

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Elliot keeps having to repeat this whole loop a couple times and each time it fucks his memory up so much that he forgets.

Like, wtf was with the "previously on" showing tyrell and mr robot in the car and then it was tyrell and elliot. Like,I dont remember that scene but if they did it then it means that this season was a pre-cursor to season 1 (whcih someone else in this thread floated)

So basically, elliot is neo and they keep wiping his memory until they get it right. Thats why he doesn't remember his sister or friends or dad or anything.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Also, what the gently caress did they say at the stinger at the end about like "what if we are real" or something? Where they talking about what if they were the only ones that were undetected reals? Like jerry in m night shamalyaileins on rick and morty?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

What do you guys think sounds better, Mr Lost or Lost Robot? Losbot?

The show still manages to be incredibly tense, but ending a finale with more unanswered questions than it started with is a dick move. Both Angela and Tyrell have made complete heel turns due to some poo poo that happens just off screen and it's irritating as gently caress, and now we get to wait another year until we find out why. Tyrell especially. He went from selfish corporate rear end in a top hat willing to do anything to please his wife and gain power, to doe eyed idealist who not only is 100% on board for loving up the world and the megacorp that was supposed to give him power, but now he's in love with the guy who came up with the idea? Was there something particularly damning on that giant board that I missed? It seems like everything on there was stuff we already knew Dom was aware of, particularly that Tyrell was the main target. Why the hell would any of that convince Darlene to flip? Why did the dark army give 2 trillion dollars to E-Corp right before they were planning to blow them up.

Fake edit: What if both Angela and Tyrell have been replaced with robots/replicants? That would explain their weird behavior.

Bad Mr Robot

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

was expectin this would be an everyFrameAPainting vid

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

man that was a really great season. how long do I have to wait until the next one?

if you have netflix and it's still up everyone should watch terror in resonance now

god drat anime, weed cat!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

Whoever that guy was, he did a pretty solid Rami Malek impression.

Yea he's pretty funny.

His dad died in 9/11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-NQrlexCtw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh_ZeotUp_s

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yea itd be cool if this season was just full on whatever action/matrix/dark knight stuff. The show cant have many more seasons in it, maybe goes to 4. So press the pedal down and do it, jump through whatever wormhole this thing is gonna jump through

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

Also, all the time travel theories seem to be based off the BttF songs being in the soundtrack. I never saw those movies so I don't like those theories.

lol why even live then.

It also means you probably are missing out on rick and morty

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Time travel no, but hopping parralel universe so that it basically is like you time travelled, at least from your perspective, yea.

This has been an area explored in much philosophical depth by Prof Slavoj Harmon

Shoren posted:

That doesn't preclude the possibility of alternate dimensions as was pontificated by that scientist. Mr. Robot being a manifestation of another Elliott would be an interesting twist. I don't think those huge machines we saw at the beginning were implemented just to control social media. I think there's more afoot than that, however, I think time travel might be a step too far at this point.

Yea, and they even say something about all the consciousness being linked, and what if they become unstable. Unstable consciousness, schizophrenia, is just your consciousnesses across universe not being in sync

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

cochise posted:

Now I'm wanting Mr. Robot to go full Sliders.

I loved Sliders so much as a kid

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I thought that this was the season finale, and that the ep ended like 3 times at the end.

Each time I was so relieved. I'm glad they showed what he was seeing. thought they were gonna be cheap and cliff hang us but they didn't. Shows good

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ugh this show is unrelentingly a bummer.

That Angela scene was rough

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I had just watched bttf2 right before this ep. that was weird.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SLOSifl posted:

Tyrell saying “No puppet, no puppet, you’re the puppet” was funny.

Oh lol he was corn cobbing

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Bttf2 day took place like 3 episodes ago. just go look it up. its 2015, october something

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The axe scene made me think of the movie they watched and came out with last year. The bourgeoisie murderer one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I missed the ending with vera.

I dunno how I feel about this finale.

• Locked thread