Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Uh... what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
What in the gently caress am I watching right now

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
That episode was so good. Character development on a show like this is just as important as plot development and like mentioned above, we got to see tons of them advance. I don't see how anyone could be unhappy. Maybe cut 5 minutes from the trip sequence (but I personally loved every second of it).

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Since I'm not sure if posting something from next week's preview counts as a spoiler..

https://youtu.be/fL0UgD-dgTk?t=24 I don't really know how you'd explain Elliot doing the smashing while standing back behind the other characters and this clearly happens because they jump in response, but we shall see.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I actually think the show has gotten more promising. The last episode was the least preachy and campy so far if I recall, though I haven't rewatched it yet. Why is everyone so hung up on this whole idea of not advancing the plot? Developing the FSociety members we've met so far would be a nice way to take things slowly and create motivation for future plot. I wouldn't mind if they go into details about the backgrounds of those characters, much like they did for the nutcase at Evil Corp. Speaking of which, that Evil Corp guy is probably the most interesting after Elliot and drat he needs to come back.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
It's the fourth episode you loving sperglords holy poo poo.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Frackie Robinson posted:

You don't want to wake up one day and realize you've wasted 80 precious hours of your life that you could have spent watching anime and playing video games.

Or reading an internet forum where people tell others that they're not going to watch a TV show anymore!

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

savinhill posted:

I'll be the one who's laughing in 3-5 years, you'll see!

The joke's on you, I already know what I'm in for, I watched Lost.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

DivisionPost posted:

I gotta admit, this was a really good episode. But unless this show can prove by next week that Sam Esmail has a truly satisfying ending in mind and it'll never spin its wheels on the way to that ending then I'm gonna have to drop it

:what: "really good episode but maybe I won't watch it anymore!"

Great episode. Darlene interacting with Mr. Robot certainly makes for interesting theories. Split person maybe, who know, who cares, as long as the ride is satisfying.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
It doesn't really matter what they showed in Fight Club and the comparisons are getting pretty trite. Is the story taking place in the same universe as Fight Club? Or are the same people writing it? No. So let them tell their own loving story with the devices that they choose and judge it when it's over or stop watching it.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Elliot, Angela, and Tyrell all destroyed it this week. This show nails character emotion better than anything I've watched since Breaking Bad.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Xoidanor posted:

The answer is probably a keylogger. Since he breaks into their computers anyway that'd be the easiest way to do it.

I think he explicitly mentions using a key logger at some point during the show too.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Max Hammer posted:

I haven't heard about a plot leak. Can you post a link, so people who don't want to be spoiled don't have to read it, but people like me who are interested can take a look?

Make sure the url doesn't have one of those stupid "mr-robot-plot-leak-elliot-kills-angela-with-a-powerbrick"

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Solice Kirsk posted:

When they flashed Mr. Robots face on him in the mirror I think that was a pretty big indicator that at least some of the scenes with him were in his head.

They flashed Angela's face too though I thought? And Shayla?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
My brain has been so conditioned to just accept tech stuff on TV as laughably fake that when he runs commands like ps aux and ls -l I say "Heh, nice" to myself.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Jesus loving Christ that was absurdly gross

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
There's no way Dom is from Teaneck, she's way too Italian for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
BD Wong was always a favorite of mine when I would watch SVU marathons with my family back in the day but drat he's taken this to another level.

• Locked thread