Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
AFAIK he was just using her to get her dad and the other families of the people who died like her mom and Elliot's dad to settle their suit against E-Corp. In addition she got them to drop a contingency that would call for federal inspections of the Washington Township Power Plant, which seems to be integral to Whiterose's plans. During all that I think he just took a genuine liking to her. Whiterose taunting him about Angela was just her going, "Eat poo poo old man. I got to your go-to personally, like it was nothing."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012

n.. posted:

Yeah it seems as if Mr. Robot didn't know about the 'real' plan and the 71 other buildings.

Which begs the question, did Tyrell? You'd think Mr. Robot would know if he knew.

Which begs the question, why did they need Tyrell at all? Or even Elliot/Mr. Robot at this point?

I figure the 71 other buildings was the workaround Tyrell came up with to deal with Elliot rerouting all the paper records to those buildings.

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012

DaveKap posted:

It's this. Tyrell requested "the full power of the dark army" and that's what he got. Tyrell had zero contact with Elliot and Mr. Robot after this point occurred.

For giving this information, I would like some in return. What was the point of the HMS backup that Angela retrieved? There are better plot-hole questions out there like "why did they expect/need Elliot to do it" and "did that task actually help accomplish anything at all" but let's stick with the simpler "what's the point of that?"

Maybe there's some sort of digital signature they're gonna use to frame Elliot for the attacks? Assuming it was the same UPS plan they used to blow up those other buildings. Seems pretty clear at least they know he's no longer trustworthy.

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012

Electronico6 posted:

It wasn't because of 5/9. When Angela gives the job to Elliot, E-Corp is already an Allsafe client, this is mentioned on season 2 during the flashback to Halloween when Elliot puts on Mr Robot jacket and the mask and starts planning with Darlene the hack. He takes the job at Allsafe so he can take E-corp from inside.

I guess the theories that Price is her father are turning true? The mysterious donor that paid her mother's bills, and now him taking Allsafe because of Angela, guess it sort of makes sense, even if it's a bit lame. I'm willing to bet the people that pick up Angela are Price's and not Witherose. Or Price really got the hots for her, works either way.

He did say this episode that things like 5/9 happen because people like him allow them to happen. Seems like maybe he hired AllSafe as a vendor knowing Angela worked there already so he could eventually use her to drop the plant inspection from the lawsuit by the families of the victims of the toxic waste leak. He probably was counting on 5/9 fallout to give him the opening to manipulate her.

I also assumed the mysterious donor was Whiterose since Angela's mom was apparently working on whatever Whiterose is doing.

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

How on earth would that possibly prove anything? He's shooting himself because he believes he's coming back. We already knew that. Him saying a cool Chinese phrase doesn't prove he IS definitely coming back, it just again states that he believes he will. Which we already knew. Nothing changes. Its still very very likely he's just dead forever because he's a brainwashed fanatic that Whiterose used and discarded.

You can love someone and still kill them. People are crazy. Whiterose is definitely crazy.

It's like people have forgotten that cults are a thing.

• Locked thread