Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

muscles like this? posted:

Its just a weird fit for USA in general, not just in tone but how they love to do corporate partners with their shows.

Well I'm sure they can get a Tide partnership via the cum dress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Solkanar512 posted:

The only thing that's confusing me is that if that if Angela's father has cancer and has bags and bags of past due bills, why does he look so healthy? You can't really hide the effects of treatment.

Could those bills instead be from when Angela's mother died and were just never paid off/going through collections? Didn't that happen a long time ago? If that's the case, it seemed like dad lived in a nice big house in a good area, so maybe the process is still happening or we'll find out later that the house is getting sold off or something.

Maybe I just missed something here, but I'm really enjoying the show!

It's possible that they're her mother's old bills weighing him down with debt. Her mom did die of Lymphoma from Evil Corp's lack of safety. I'm sure it'll be made explicitly clear sooner rather than later, she's not gonna sit on whatever info she found forever without talking to someone about it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Cpt.Wacky posted:

Mr. Robot IS real but sometimes the one Elliot talks to isn't.

I actually think that'd be the best approach for the show to take. Everyone's assuming it has to be a Durden situation or he has to be real. Go with the middle ground, maybe do a fancy reveal with him talking to Mr. Robot and another Mr. Robot sits down next to him and talks to him, and from then on you can play with ambiguity about which version he's interacting with.

This fills in a lot of gaps as well. When Mr. Robot is trashing stuff at Fsociety following the big break-in at the super secure servers, he could really be doing that, rather than in a Durden situation it actually being Elliot while who we see as "Elliot" is standing silent in the background. When he's showing up at his work and all the other weird times they're interacting in public and he's not acknowledged, that's the Head Robot.

Also, during the break-in maybe both were talking to him. The Real Robot is giving him instructions on where to go and how he has to tear apart that fat tour guide, but the Head Robot is the one who cuts in and says "don't apologize" for instance.

So yeah, I like this theory, at least it's something different.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Nah it's a classic honey trap android root kit install job... oldest trick in the book

It's a cliche for a reason, it works.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Even if he did find something there wouldn't be any evidence because elliott drilled, microwaved and turfed all his poo poo at least twice (probably thrice with the fcsociety hack going through) since he hacked dog man though right?

It spooks me that people can do truly heinous poo poo via hacking and then stand very little to no chance of facing consequences for it as long as they destroy and hide the computer, or computers, they used before the heat comes down. I mean, human nature along with the impracticality of destroying all your poo poo every month means it rarely works out that way, but still.

Off the top of my head, I think encryption can work as a more reasonable method. Put your stuff on a password encrypted harddrive with a real password that's gibberish like z5pr9xl for 10-15 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

After finally getting around to seeing the scene with Elliot and Tyrell's wife, I'm 100% on board with Tyrell just being another personality of Elliot's. At this point I just want them to go all-in and make Elliot live a truly incredulous number of alternate lives, each played by a different actor.

• Locked thread