Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
The scene with Tyrell and Gideon wouldnt work if Tyrell is Elliot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

thehustler posted:

Is the soundtrack/score for this out yet?

for season1 yes

hopefully season2 's score wont take as long

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

waitwhatno posted:

The literal translation is "If you have any ham I will beat you to death".

with said ham I presume

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
well of course there are going to be more scenes of Elliot struggling with Mr Robot

just because a problem has been covered before, doesnt mean its gonna go away

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Look all you need to know is that the 30/31 days thing alternates
except August dediced to be stubborn and stuck to 31 days as well, so September and November suffer for it
and February lost 2 days somewhere for some reason

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Gonz posted:

Yep. The music over the last 20-25 minutes just kept playing and playing and playing while all the dialogue was being spoken, and you just KNEW some serious poo poo was about to happen, but had no idea when or where or how.

It was fantastic.

I hope we dont have to wait another year to get the soundtrack for season 2

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
that reminds me
where the bloody hell is season2's soundtrack final volume (the score, not the source music)
volume 3 came out in June!

*edit*
oh wait it comes out this friday the 13th?
someone's got a weird sense of humor

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

GutBomb posted:

Unless I'm just forgetting we just hear "bonsoir elliot"

pretty sure that conversation continued in the next episode

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Sekenr posted:

Kinda feels like S3 had taken a bad turn. Why is everybody so emotional suddenly? People constantly talking about their feelings isn't a substitute for an intriguing story. It seems like the entire story will be Elliot fighting against evil Mr. Robot personality and whatever he created in S1 and 2 and than he and the FBI will bust the bad guys pat each other on the backs.

talking about emotions were already a major part of the story in S1 and S2 tho

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

SpaceAceJase posted:

The instructions weren't particularly difficult. Log in and run a .bat file. She did just fine.

Recall the episode where she's memorizing shell commands. Didn't seem such a stretch that she wasn't familiar with the tools they were using.

What was her original role in season 1? Thought she was Gideons executive assistant.

I dont recall, but she wasnt experienced enough to know what a rootkit was in the first episode

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Vera just skipped town and probably wouldnt come back even if the plot focused on him

also the beeps for minutes still happened in the fishtank room scene, so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

DaveKap posted:

You sure are mad about people falling for a trick made by a show runner to force online speculation.

I haven't glossed over it but uhhh some folks are just so ardently against the idea that something weird happened there that they'd rather ignore it. I'll say it again though, we've got 4 things that will happen before this show ends:
1- They never show what happened in that room and Mr. Robot becomes Lost.
2- They show it and it's just some form of hypnosis. Yawn.
3- They show it and it's something time-travel/inter-dimensional related.
4- They do something nobody here has guessed at yet.
At this point, the only good options are 3 and 4 but the ardent realists (who, at this point, are probably right since it's a bit on the late side for explaining how Whiterose "manipulates" people) still have yet to come up with anything other than option 1/2 so either they're right and the show is Lost/boring or they're wrong and we get something unrealistic or unpredictable.

I'm betting on #4 but that's only because I really want this show to wrap up on a high note.

Edit: It is worth noting that plenty of folks have said that what we saw was what Angela saw and her perspective is as accurate and reliable as Elliot's is. Alternately she was convinced because "wishing was the good part" or whatever it is Elliot talked to her about through her front door. Either way, it isn't explained what happened in that room to make her devoted to Whiterose.

I am pretty sure LOST was option 3

• Locked thread