Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Steve112sms posted:

I don't remember, but there was one scene where Darlene talked to Mr. Robot, but Elliot was angled literally right behind him. So she was also facing him. Was that the same scene?

At the end of episode five, when the Dark Army pulls out after they rig the climate control system, Darlene wants to trigger the system anyway, and she has a fight with Mr. Robot where he throws poo poo several times and she threatens to trigger the hack if he takes a step towards her. He stalks off, then Elliot walks over to her and all of a sudden she's quiet and sad and begging him for permission to trigger the system. It certainly fits the model we were all watching for at the time -- Mr. Robot only interacting with people when Elliot was passive and vice versa -- but the conversation would be super weird if it was one guy instead of two. (And it makes a lot more sense with her being in gently caress you dad mode with Mr. Robot and then trying to get her brother on her side.)

EDIT: Rewatching this episode, when Darlene tries to give Elliot the gun, he's standing in front of an arcade machine titled "Intergalactic Planetary." I love this show so much.

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Aug 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

When I realized they were going where we all assumed they've been going since the beginning, I felt a pang of mild disappointment. It was almost instantly burned away by the intensity of Rami Malek's performance and the sheer style with which they're landing this. Good God this show is fantastic, even if we called it.

(You knew all along, didn't you?)

• Locked thread