Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BrianWilly posted:

I've had a longterm unholy love for Rami Malek which is strange considering that I've only seen him in the last Twilight film, and the production of this series is hella stylish, so I've rather enjoyed what I've gotten from this so far. But I can definitely see this being one of those shows that end up pissing me off a lot. Every single character is some degree of unlikable. I hope Mr. Robot doesn't end up being some delusion or whatever because I really want to see someone take a real shovel to his real face at some point. But it's not just him, that whole little hacker group seems comprised solely of people who I would love to see on a rocket into the sun.

That being said, I kind of appreciate that Elliot's friend Angela is turning out to be practically as maladjusted as he is, or maybe even moreso because at least his brand of maladjustment is easy to identify. She came across a little idealized in the earlier episodes, being that one awesome girl friend that every shut-in wishes they had, but we're starting to see that she's got issues of her own that gently caress up the life she leads as well.

I like Gideon. He seems like a genuinely nice person who is trying to be a good boss.

Which is why I think something horrible is going to happen to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cactus posted:

How did Mr. Robot know Elliot was just about to apologise to that guy?

Cause he lives in Elliot's head

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This was a fantastic episode. Man, I was on the edge of my seat at the end.

Also, major kudos on keeping the tech stuff pretty believable. I work in the criminal justice tech world, so this was a lot of fun for me.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Analytic Engine posted:

As was said in the thread, this is a real-world hacking / penetration testing thing. That or the writers read the same book I did.

I work with law enforcement and computers all day and I could totally see this happening.

Just imagine the least tech savvy coworker you have who goes to shady websites and always has malware.

That's every cop.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gonz posted:

I've seen a good 90% of all Law & Order episodes. Tyrell should have probably chucked her off the roof if he wanted to kill her and get away with it.

But nope. He not only kissed her and left his DNA on/in her mouth, but i'd imagine any NYC medical examiner worth their salt is going to try and lift some finger or palm prints off her throat.

And not just that, but wouldn't there be security cam footage somewhere on the way up to the roof of the two of them going up, but only one coming down?

You dumb, Tyrell.

Gonz posted:

Unless Tyrell has gone completely off the deep end and snapped, and doesn't give a gently caress if he gets convicted of murder, in which case, him being a sloppy murder doofus makes total sense.

He specifically mentioned that the cameras have been out for months when he lures her up there.

And yeah, he snapped, murdered her, then didn't know how to react. He panicked and left a total mess.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Xoidanor posted:

Reality isn't CSI, it'd be really dumb if the show kept itself realistic about hacking only to pull out sci-fi forensics suddenly.

What part would be sci-fi forensics?

Latent fingerprints can be recovered from dead bodies: https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/abstract.aspx?ID=161111

The circumstances must be right, but it can be done.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm sad about Mr. Robot not airing tonight and sad people got shot irl

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brock Samson posted:

WHERE THE gently caress IS TYRELL GOD drat IT

in our protagonist's head

Maybe.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Everyone I know who watched season 1 was surprised about ghost dad.

I think most TV watchers are kind of dumb.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

HorseRenoir posted:

Doesn't the scene with the basketball rule this out?

Haven't there already been scenes with Mr. Robot interacting with people and it was actually Elliott? I think one took place at a coffee shop.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ornithology posted:

Another criticism is that the results of the hack on society are underwhelming. People are still working their every day jobs despite money losing its value? Except for a few rioter/looters and Obama on the TV everything is business as usual...?

I think that's the point, right? F Society thought their plan was going to flip the world on its head and they're realizing that is not the case. They thought of E Corp as this all-powerful entity, but as we saw at the end of season 1, there are other powers at work.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://www.whoismrrobot.com/massacre/

(it's an 8 and a half minute clip of the movie Elliott and Darlene watched)

Ehud fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 28, 2016

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Damnit how are you guys watching this already?

It aired at 10pm eastern tonight :confused:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I was kinda hoping this being the first half of the season finale, that we'd end up with more answers instead of more questions. I have trouble seeing them resolving stuff and not ending on a giant gently caress you season cliffhanger at this point. Between this and the growing implication that there might be some weird super natural poo poo going on, I'm not liking all these lost vibes. The show's been really good so far though, so they get the benefit of the doubt, and if any show can prove me wrong in the most spectacular of ways, it would be this one.

Wait, what supernatural things have happened? :confused:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Some of you guys are funny about needing a season finale to follow a certain formula. We got answers to like 50% of the major questions from this year. There is still a bunch of mystery surrounding White Rose, Washington Township, and a few other things.

That's fine. I wasn't expecting them to tie up all the loose ends. We're in the middle of a really long movie about a mentally unstable dude who suffers from extreme multiple personality disorder, hallucinations, etc. The storytelling and pacing should be unconventional.

Now if they string along certain plot points for five seasons and we all get :lost:'d in the end, then yeah, I'll be sad.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Uh...those stutters and buffering. I have a feeling this reveal is going to be pretty out there, fellas.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That felt like such an odd place to leave things. We have been introduced to the elite 1% of 1% who run the world and we're going back to a conflict with a local drug dealer?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PhazonLink posted:

Vera has to be backed by some other Illuminati type person, White Rose isn't going to let some low level POS threaten Elliot.

It's gotta be something more than just Vera by himself. Because yeah, White Rose would have Joey Badass out there to dispatch Vera in no time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

HorseRenoir posted:

Whiterose's scene in the tub pretty much confirms that she was telling the truth to Angela. I think alternate dimension fuckery is probably coming up, but I'm sure Esmail will find a way to keep it relatively grounded within the show's world

Eh, I dunno. Price told Angela that White Rose is delusional. She might actually believe she can do those things, even to the point where she'd tell her right hand man and lover to kill himself, but it doesn't mean it's true.

They could still go either way with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Foreal though - who noticed glitching video during Angela's scene at Price's place and who did not?

I definitely saw it and that's why I thought they were about to reveal some serious sci-fi stuff.

• Locked thread