Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
You haven't even watched half the episodes dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Subjunctive posted:

Well, he has spent like 3 hours watching. That's a non-trivial amount of exposure to the style of the show.

All fine and good, but his argument was specifically about plot, not style, which is rendered moot by the overwhelming amount he hasn't yet seen of this season.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

It's called sensitivity, dude.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Two real live people are dead and folks are whinging about a TV show being delayed? God.

Seriously, what the gently caress?? Sorry your spergtastic show was delayed a week, if you don't realize why then you're literally more socially stunted than Elliot. gently caress you.

E: I'm agreeing with your sarcasm, as I'm having to literally type this out for the spergs to make it clear. What a shitshow this thread has become.

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 27, 2015

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

BrandNew posted:

They will still be dead in a week. I watched both of the videos and read all the news reports and that poo poo was heartbreaking but delaying this doesn't really do anything.

Sorry your fat, unaffected rear end is bereft of an hour of entertainment. I'm sure there's some corner of the internet that agreed you are deserved of this, but I hope SA isn't one of them.

gently caress. Off.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

You can be a shithole at any age. ^^^

CrushedWill posted:

I dunno, doesn't seem so bad to me. I just hope there aren't any car accidents, military deaths, kidnappings, ISIS beheadings, people jumping off bridges, heat or fire related deaths, or any other reason to postpone again. I'd really like to get to see the finale before the end of the year.

For your sake I hope they never air it, you teenager.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Try not to let any Cheetos fall out of your mouth as you defend your right to watch your show. You autistic spectrum retard.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I don't know man, I don't care about this show either way but your tantrums have been the most hysterical so far. Maybe you should smoke a bowl and chill out, provided you're still not desperately scrambling to pass that drug test.

Thanks for looking up my history, glad it's more entertaining than the show.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Rewatching, censoring of "gently caress" is bothering me. On indemand or the app, that's bullshit

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Who and how has already been described loosely: An as yet unseen character kills himself on TV Bud Dwyer style.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

I'm still baffled that USA will bleep every "gently caress" but words like "cocksucker" and "cunty" are just fine. TV Standards & Practices are weird as poo poo.

If Breaking Bad was any indication, it seems they get a limited number of un-bleeped "gently caress"s per season. Mr. Robot burned through them in the first episode on my cable USA. And the thing is, it's really distracting as it flows so naturally in the dialogue, the sudden drop outs in speech are very jarring.

I may be wrong, but it's a producers-network-advertiser thing. Which is weird, because in podcast advertising, they try to adopt the culture of the podcast, and embrace that listeners are going to hear "gently caress", yet broadcast is still going the other way around. Are they really afraid of losing the reverse mortgage crowd? Cause they ain't watching this poo poo...

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

The game is pretty clever. I'm enjoying it.

They wiped my SD card!! I'm on an iPhone.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

^ It made perfect sense.

SpaceAceJase posted:

This show is art.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Genuinely laughing at the idiots who think there’s actual time travel in this show.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

ashpanash posted:

They’re not idiots (the show goes out of its way to imply it, after all), but I think they’re wrong. The show has been about mental illness. Why wouldn’t we assume that the people in control are just as crazy and, at times, delusional, as everyone else?

Agreed. Plus this show has gone out of its way to be grounded in “reality” (as much as it can with an unreliable narrator), and a giant time travel/alternate reality/sci fi twist at the end would seriously undermine the narrative they’ve painstakingly constructed. Revisiting/fixing the past is a huge theme, one we see play out in various ways, but not literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

The show is already science fiction, it's not grounded in reality at all. It's just made with a high degree of verisimilitude.

I’m going to disagree, because none of the tech shown has been futuristic, nor anything that doesn’t currently exist. They’ve done the opposite, and shown every technical detail left for scrutiny.

My point was that “Bam! Quantum Leap” would feel like a cop out. I think the time stuff is just thematic, as we draw parallels between White Rose and Elliot, seeing their... viewpoints are influencing those around them. A giant gently caress you sci-fi twist at the end would disappoint me.

Edit- to wit, Angela. *She* wants to believe in rolling back time, and said as much. The fact that we see her trying to convince herself by playing the DVR in reverse shows that while we want the past to be undone, it can’t be. If she knew it would, she wouldn’t have lost her mind. Everyone wants to roll back the past, but while you can undo your actions (5/9), you can’t undo the consequences. See Darlene having that exact conversation with the hooker post-credits.

While time travel/whatever fits logically (I guess) it undermines the real themes that they’re going for.

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 16, 2017

• Locked thread