Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nopants
May 29, 2004
Gideon's assassination was some Boardwalk Empire poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nopants
May 29, 2004

Brick Card posted:

I got that vibe too. It was the music.

Yeap.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Gonz posted:

What a fuckin' premiere.

This show owns.

Showns.

TV is really drat good now. The USA network is putting out a show of this quality. The USA Network.

Now if the new season of Twin Peaks would get here we might just reach the singularity after all.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I love how much Joanna's agent relaxes with Elliot. Just slouching on a couch telling stories about his freaky clients.

nopants
May 29, 2004

crowoutofcontext posted:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the third personality theory but I admit that Angela did pretty conspicuously bring up one of Elliot's meltdowns while mentioning the possibility that he has more than Mr.Robot as an imaginary friend. I guess "we" could be the third personality he freaked out at, but there is also another important clue...

??!

Stop spoiling the finale.

nopants
May 29, 2004
OK, here's my theory. Elliot is a clone loaded with nano-augments. Some of those nano-augments give him improved hacking abilities. He's being used as a manchurian candidate By Price and other Illuminati to flush out Whiterose and other DA hackers.

nopants
May 29, 2004
Reddit had something interesting to say about the brownout when Angela went to the see the lawyer at her house. Basically, the lawyer was watching a news woman on TV when the scene started. Angela shows up and the power goes out briefly during the brownout. When the TV comes back on, the news woman says the exact same thing she said at the start of the scene. Brownouts are time travel confirmed.

nopants
May 29, 2004

404notfound posted:

Came to the thread to mention this one. I had to rewind it to make sure it was happening.

I don't wanna believe the time travel theories, but given how Esmail foreshadowed the Fight Club thing with the piano rendition of "Where Is My Mind" last season, the BttF music this episode combined with that little time glitch really seems to be pointing the show in that direction. I hope the show doesn't jump the shark... but Esmail has been consistently knocking it out of the park, so he might be able to make it work.

I don't mind sci-fi or not sci-fi as long as it is well done. I am all for more Twin Peaks type scenes like this last episode. Time travel, replicants, or some other sci-fi thing won't be jumping the shark if that was Esmail's plan all along. Jumping the shark would be if the show was about to get canceled and Esmail then haphazardly inserted some time travel twist to try and save the show. Following a four season plan he's had planned out since the beginning isn't jumping the shark.

nopants
May 29, 2004

waitwhatno posted:

I seriously doubt that Tyrell is alive. How could he have remained hidden for so long, with the whole world(including ecorp) looking for him? And then he just walks around in a business suit and gets into a taxi?

Also, regarding all the robot theories: Tyrell Corporation was the name of the replicant company in Blade Runner.:tinfoil:

Obviously, the brownouts are triggered so Tyrell can move around stealthily.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I enjoyed that quite a bit. Everything doesn't need to happen at once. Stop talking about mother loving lost. Now I'm off to tumbler for some Tyrell/Elliot slash fiction.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Mr. Powers posted:

Did I miss something with Trenton, Mobley and Leon other than the board?

Post credits scene. They had a LAN party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nopants
May 29, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

Maybe in this universe people don't have vital organs in their gut.

The brownouts were so the DA could secretly remove Elliot's vital organs. Next season will open with Elliot on the operating table, but he'll be getting surgery to put all his organs back in.

• Locked thread