Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
No one is really mentioning what I thought was the single most important line in last episode, when White Rose tells Angela "that depends on your definition of 'real'", followed by her visit to lawyer lady acting all elated and robotic and the "glitch in the matrix" brownout/TV repeat. What did he show her??? It felt more matrixy than anything else, what else could he mean by that? I half expected him to say "if real is what you can see and touch, then reality is just electrical signals interpreted by your brain" after that.

I feel like the BTTF music is just Esmail loving with us after season 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
Trenton and Mobley are in prison, right? Seemed that way to me.

There's no way Leon got out, especially after killing those dudes.

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

timp posted:

I doubt that a man and a woman would be able to eat lunch together in prison.

I'm sure the Dark Army could easily pull some strings to get Leon out, they've certainly proven that they could do much worse than that if and when they want to.

Ah poo poo you're right. Yeah, totally implausible.

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

LentThem posted:

I hate being That Guy but did we ever find out why the FBI and the nation as a whole consider Tyrell to be the mastermind of 5/9? Or is that still part of the 3-day gap?

He was the one that ordered the hacked honeypot server to be put back into normal operation, which allowed the hack to go through. On top of that, he was wanted for Sharon Knowles murder and then dropped off the face of the earth after the hack. That's probably enough regardless of what happened in the 3 days.

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
I bet it's time travel or an alternate universe they're trying to reach, but in the end it's not going to work and the world will be hosed from the attempt.

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

Sekenr posted:

Kinda feels like S3 had taken a bad turn. Why is everybody so emotional suddenly? People constantly talking about their feelings isn't a substitute for an intriguing story. It seems like the entire story will be Elliot fighting against evil Mr. Robot personality and whatever he created in S1 and 2 and than he and the FBI will bust the bad guys pat each other on the backs.

huh

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

Mameluke posted:

Why was Whiterose in the Ecorp building, and why did her not wanting to see Angela hurt Angela so much?

I know we didn't see her, but the parallels with the last time someone brought the chicken man a bag of hard drives outside of a clean room were pretty obvious to me and I got a whole religious experience vibe from that scene. It seemed to me like Whiterose was rejecting Angela for some reason.

Wait what? Why are you saying whiterose was in the building? What did I miss?

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

XyZeR posted:

, did anyone manage to catch/translate what the German dude in the opening scene in the elevator said?

"beginning is hard. beginning is easy. persistence is an art" :shrug:

CheddarGoblin fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 10, 2017

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
Yeah it seems as if Mr. Robot didn't know about the 'real' plan and the 71 other buildings.

Which begs the question, did Tyrell? You'd think Mr. Robot would know if he knew.

Which begs the question, why did they need Tyrell at all? Or even Elliot/Mr. Robot at this point?

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

Harminoff posted:

Pretty sure Elliot told Tyrell the new plan.

Er you mean Irving, right?

JitteryComa posted:

I figure the 71 other buildings was the workaround Tyrell came up with to deal with Elliot rerouting all the paper records to those buildings.

Yeah this makes sense.

Also now I'm remembering back to the conversation between Whiterose and the conspiracy theorist TV guy about how Tyrell was about to be blamed for five/nine and "no matter how bad it gets, it's important that he's seen in a positive light" or something to that effect. I wonder why that's important?

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

PhazonLink posted:

Question about people that work in IT.

Is one of your co-workers having an episode and smashing their computer or smashing their head against pipes unremarkable? Those two unnamed dudes seem remarkably chill about it.

I'm an angsty IT nerd and I've broken my hand from punching the wall at work. Never smashed my head against anything though.

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is the young Angela the same girl that Angela met earlier?

DaveKap posted:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6403396/?ref_=tt_cl_t13
She's the same girl who interviewed Angela in Whiterose's room.

I think this is huge. Also when I went back to rewatch both of these scenes I noticed the message on the cake in the flashback:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
The kid at the beginning was NOT young elliot, at least not played by the same actor that's played him in every other flashback to that time period.

• Locked thread