Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Bioalchemist posted:

Does anywhere show an uncut version? It really takes me out of the show when I hear a censored gently caress.

You know upon rewatching the first episode, the censoring almost created a new "clue" or red herring that fsociety is a construct of Eliott's mind. In the first scene between his psychiatrist and him she kept talking about society over and over and in his head he kept thinking out loud "gently caress society" except with censoring it became "F--- society" audibly and in the captions. I thought this was a neat little coincidence if it wasn't intentional. This scene preceded the one where he goes to fsociety with Mr. Robot for the first time.

Stabitha fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

Now that I've had time to think about it calmly, I'm... confused.

From the beginning, Mr. Robot has been presenting himself as someone with no relation to Elliot, as far as we could see. Darlene, on the other hand, was the opposite, and acted very familiar with Elliot from the beginning, though her attitude changed over time. We see now that she expected Elliot to recognize her, which suggests Mr. Robot should also, but that contradicts his early actions. What would have made sense is that Mr. Robot and Darlene didn't recognize each other and had coincidentally been acting separately. But that doesn't work since it seems Darlene told Mr. Robot what happened between her and Elliot.

Idk, I really want the next episode to clear that mess up and start making sense of things..

Maybe Mr. Robot realized that Elliot didn't recognize him again so he acted as this guy trying to get him to join fsociety so that Elliot would go along with it and not get paranoid about it, instead of trying to convince him (who seems like a stranger to Elliot) "Yeah I'm your dad/uncle/whoever don't you remember me?" We know Elliot seems to have a paranoid personality ( and possibly schizophrenic) so I feel like going with his delusion would be easier than fighting it.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

precision posted:

Next season's twist will be that Angela is actually Price's daughter somehow.

e: poo poo I'm not sure I'm even kidding, then that layers his character because he knowingly killed off his mistress or whatever, maybe to hide her from his wife

I should probably stop writing fanfiction now

That's an interesting idea. Then his repeated attempts to take her to dinner or "celebrate his birthday" are actually him trying to get to know his daughter and not him hitting on her.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

I thought it was weird that they glossed over the fact that Darlene didn't trust Cisco at the end of last week's episode, so much so, that she demolished his computer and supposedly took a bat to his head, yet in this episode he doesn't have any wounds and she seems to be relatively ok with him now.

I know sometimes they skip ahead and then go back to show you what they skipped over, but it just seemed really jarring to me in this instance.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

He had a big ole bruise on the side of his head and at the beginning of their scene you could hear him making some excuses.

Hmm, I guess I should watch it again. How did I miss this? I was actively looking for how that turned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Why are they calling it a 2 hour finale when they're airing the episodes a week apart? Wikipedia says both are named eps2.9 but what's the point?

IMDB says they are both airing this Wednesday, Sept. 14th. The first one is labeled pt. 1 and the other pt. 2.

• Locked thread