Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

If the illegal site was invite only, why were the human slave pictures even censored?

You know that's one of those things I'm not terribly desperate to pursue as subject. Now the silly TV/movie style silenced pistol in the faux-home invasion on the other hand...

Edit: For something less glib, there's a pretty interesting symmetry between WhiteRose and Darlene. They're both leading hacking groups with relatively serious agendas (although seemingly utterly opposed to each in terms of ideology) while both being constrained by playing an expected role (strong security minister, strong revolutionary leader) while desperately wanting something else. I suppose you can extend that out to Angela as well although she seems a lot more amateurish in her attempts with the affirmations and everything else about her new position in life. They're also doing a drat good job with holding out on Tyrell, dude needs to show up and explain what the gently caress happened already.

J33uk fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Anyone getting the sense that Joanna hasn't just lost it in the sense of being an amoral calculating monster but in a far deeper way?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
What an inscrutable and awesome hour of TV

Edit: Anyone else start doing ROT13 in their head before he copy and pasted or did I just spend too much time on Usenet back in the day?

J33uk fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 15, 2016

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

What was that entire "test" scene with the girl and Angela about? And the dying fish and poster? I did not see the reason for it at all.

Part of me wonders if WhiteRose is a bit melodramatic and likes to gently caress with people in style. Or poo poo really is about to get weird.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
What in the gently caress

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
This is extremely loving good

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

geeves posted:

Jesus. How much of this was a single shot?

There were plenty of cheats in there but who cares. The effect was awesome.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Also I guess China now has a buttload of coltan

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
This is my first actual exposure to the after show and hoooo boy. I'm sure there are great intentions at work here but Christ Almighty it's awkward.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

maskenfreiheit posted:

Ok so what did Angela *do* exactly? Was I just slightly drunk or was that unclear?

Overrode/circumvented Elliot's firmware patch which will thusly lead to the UPS cook-off that destroys the backup paper records and any poor bastards in the records building. The destruction of these records is somehow vital to the success of Phase 2.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Reasonably convincing, although given Darlene's confession it's possible that Mr. Robot emerged again and that the Elliot we see running around and at the end isn't Elliot. Or it's some rando. Or it's possibly the synthesis between Mr. Robot and Elliot that we've kind of been waiting for. If he can summon a facsimile of him at will then why not follow that through to it's logical conclusion?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

CloFan posted:

That is a tasty looking burger https://www.red-wheelbarrow.com/

The menu looks ripe for a cipher to solve

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Little behind but after that first five minutes... They’re doing the thing right?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Had a feeling it was going that way when they refocused on the fact that everything was distributed out. That said this version of the US is hyper hosed.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

cochise posted:

It's like late September 2015.

Yeah that was what the date on the ECorp PC said (9/29 I wanna say). Of course when the crazy time travel LHC kicks in who knows. Although that makes no drat sense because if you can time travel then who gives a gently caress about paper records?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
It looked like a nice hotel ballroom with some fancy lighting, I highly doubt it was the real deal.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

cochise posted:

I know he destroyed the HDD and the RAM, but what did he pull off the mobo with pliers and then microwave?

TPM?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Okay the teasing is starting to get loving absurd

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Jesus gently caress he’s insane

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Oh cool it’s Kill Bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU