Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Really am enjoying the tone of this show, and definitely has glaring similarities to Fight Club and Dexter. I do hope the Durdening doesn't get stretched out the entire season and am hoping for some twists. I'd also like to see Elliot stray away from the main plotline and sort of go off on his own hacking adventures. The opening of the pilot was a good example, and more recently his little hacking story about the lone hospital IT guy was amusing too.

thatguy posted:

If this is dexter then doakes better pick up the pace, that show was excruciatingly awful as soon as he ate it. Also lumberjack elliott is legit

Sergeant Doakes: Cybercrime Division

As Elliot sneaks into a server room late at night, Doakes will be waiting for him behind a server rack. "SURPRISE MUTHAFUCKA"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Mocking Hackers and TRON :lol:

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Pretty cool long-take there.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf

insider posted:

So I think this episodes puts the obvious Mr. Robot is Tyler Durden theory to the test.

He is obviously interacting with the other characters and even breaking poo poo in this episode. It could still be a Fight Club situation where they are the same person but split personality, but its not as completely obvious as it was in the first couple episodes. I still think they could go either way.

I think it is a split personality disorder that the rest of the crew has come to accept. Mr. Robot wasn't acknowledged at all by the other 2 guys in the van during that whole Steel Mountain mission. I still think Elliot is the one doing the physical actions that we see. The card swipe at Starbucks, the smashing of computers, the lecture he gave to Darlene at the end of the episode, etc. And just like a Durdening, the protagonist is off to the side not interacting with anyone else, so it's always one person actually DOING something.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Love this show's cinematography and storylines. I still think the pilot has been the best episode, but each episode so far has been strong in its own way.

The members of fsociety are actually all on a plane right now being incepted. Mr. Robot is just a projection of Elliot's subconsciousness to all the other fsociety members. Can't wait for DiCaprio to show up in the finale! (this is my dumb theory and will stick to it)

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
You could also setup a MitM and use Ettercap with sslstrip to get Gmail passwords. I did this about a year ago on my own network and it works nicely, but not sure if technology has changed to combat this method. I love seeing the various tools they use on this show. I think I noticed bluesniff when Darlene was messing with the cop.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
This show is fantastic and every episode delivers.

Solice Kirsk posted:

we're hearing everything through Eliot's point of view.

Yeah this is important to consider, because especially in the last episode Elliot really points this out. We (the audience) were created by Elliot, and we're basically at the mercy of his delusions. As to who Mr. Robot is, I like the 50/50 Ghost Dad/Real Dad theory, except that I do think his dad is dead and the "real" person is somebody else. Just like how we hear "E Corp" as "Evil Corp" maybe Mr. Robot is somebody entirely different that hasn't been revealed yet, but Elliot sees him as a father-figure so it is projected to us in that way. Elliot is starting to talk to the audience a bit more and even apologizing to us (like that scene where he hides the login window before Gideon reaches his desk). We really can't say for sure what is reality and what is part of Elliot's delusion, because we're seeing this through his eyes.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Nice parallel (stole this off of Reddit):

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf

Jose posted:

oh good, i'd not seen that. idk how good the ratings are and its really good

Ratings have been great.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Holy poo poo

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Rewatched the first season. After knowing the twists, decided to go back and see it all over again from a different perspective. Definitely enjoyed it more the second time around, and the interactions with Elliot and Darlene/Tyrell/fsociety/Gideon/Angela make a lot more sense.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf

Steve Yun posted:

This might be a longshot, but when Tyrell offered Elliott a job at ECorp in the first/second episodes, was it at least partly motivated by wanting to get into Elliott's pants?

Let me know when you're done writing the fanfic.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf

BrianWilly posted:

Then I thought...what if that very first scene was actually him as Mr. Robot?

:tinfoil:

I don't think so, cause in that scene Elliot talks about his dad and his death, so it wouldn't make sense if the Mr. Robot personality was in play. I will agree though that his confidence was very different than other instances on the show where he interacts with people.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
The last I heard was Esmail wants to do "4 or 5" seasons and he has an ending in mind. Given the success of the show I don't see any problem with USA renewing.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
The series finale will be Elliot time traveling back to Nazi Germany and killing Hitler while he's on the shitter.

*cue the piano cover for Where Is My Mind*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
White Rose is mitochondrial eve and she'll have a time machine because this has all happened before :psylon:

• Locked thread