Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«687 »
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What is boring is seeing ming take over everything with nothing stopping them every game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

Great!

I'm already teetering on certain death with the green menace down there, don't you start wanting more poo poo, 80 trust ally.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Donald 'Duck' Dunn: "We had a band powerful enough to turn goat piss into gasoline."

(QuackJets.)
~SMcD

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What is boring is seeing ming take over everything with nothing stopping them every game.

Fixing Mandate problems would probably fix this. It should be possible for Ming to run away with the region, they just shouldn't be doing it in most games, and right now they're doing it in all games.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009

I don't mind Ming itself, I am pissed off by their tributaries. I've had games where I joined them as 2000k development tributary (losing GP in the process) because I simply can't be arsed beating them over and over again for every lovely indian minor I want to conquer.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Jim Barris posted:

I bought this game while it was on sale because I really liked Stellaris. I don't know what to do and am very intimated by the many varied options. Does anyone have a beginner's guide of sorts they could link me too? Something to explain what my general goal is and what I should be doing in the early game. I bought Art of War and Common Sense as well, if that matters.

The goal of the game is to get big, to build a strong army which you can use to get big, and to make lots of money to pay for your strong army. It's hard to be more precise than that because so much depends on your nation pick and starting position. The game does have a mission system which is intended to provide you with a bit of direction (and the Age system which is supposed to give you overarching goals, but you probably don't have the DLC for it) but in general it expects you to set your own broader objectives.

Honestly, I'd recommend setting the game to easy, playing as the Ottomans, and just jumping in - specific questions about "how do I do X as nation Y" are a lot easier to answer. They are super strong and have plenty of weaker neighbors to beat up, rob, and generally destroy. Pay close attention to tooltips and don't despair if you screw up.

«687 »