Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
Growing wide is terribly expensive and growing tall is terribly expensive, not to mention peace deal costs that've shot through the roof. I'm not liking this at all so far. Hopefully a fresh start tomorrow will change my outlook, but I fear it's just too many changes at once for an old guy like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
Yeah, bugs seem to be very limited compared to other releases, but the main one (rebels inheriting your country) is really, really big.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

Vorpal Cat posted:

You know what I almost fine with the more expensive coring, +40% on average isn't that bad and its easier to stay above 50 power projection anyway. Plus it makes -coring cost idea much more valuable.

According to some fancy math on the forums, it's closer to an 80% increase. And diplo-annexing is absolutely ridiculous. Currently integrating Brittany, still just its original four provinces, for 560 diplo points. Christ.

Star posted:

Am I the only one who has a text bug in fort map mode? It says something like "ff_influenced by " instead of showing which provinces that are linked to which fort.

I had that last night, but not today. Maybe BetterUI fixes it? You'll need to manually install it, though, the workshop version is borked (something's eating lines of code in workshop mods since the patch).

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

Wiz posted:

Nope, you're just really dumb.

Annexation costs have gone up way more than they should've, though. I finally got the hang of forts and they're awesome, but really, fix expansion/development costs.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

aeglus posted:

Converted to Protestant as Milan, and after converting all my provinces I'm stuck at 90% Religious Unity. No idea why.

Did you ever get this sorted? I had something similar (stuck at 98%), but after two or three months it suddenly ticked over to 100%. I'm not seeing a bug report yet, so thought I'd ask you for more info before I make one.

Did you have a center of reformation? Were you ever converting a province at the same time a CoR was converting it (which seems to sometimes happen with this patch)? Did you have overseas provinces?

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
Great, the old "vassalizing a country that's at war with someone else says it'll drag you into their war, then actually doesn't"-thing is back again.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Oh it doesn't? Good, I was all freaked out and not taking vassals in wars because it kept saying it would drag me into a war with my allies or others.

It should, though. I think the issue was that my allies in the war were already fighting the other war too, or something.

So I declared my own war on the aggressor, and one of my allies (that said he'd join) couldn't be called in because he was already at war with yet another party I was also already at war with, and now that he's at peace with them he can't get called into my current war anymore because the game considers the "can't join war because of weird alliance cascade stuff"-call to arms as having happened, and you can't call someone in twice for the same war. Urgh.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
I'm still on 1.12, playing Muscovy, and I haven't had a single Patriarch Authority event in 34 years. Anyone know what's up with that?

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
Oh goodie, another three hours of my life wasted on an incompatible save file then.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
Yeah, I downloaded a 1.2MB update for EU4 just now, but can't find anything about what it was.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
So if you declare a member of a coalition against you as a co-belligerent, they now get to call in all coalition members but somehow their provinces still cost double warscore. Hooray.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

Trujillo posted:

Can anyone tell me why I wouldn't be able to core these or is this a bug?

You got overseas range to core those provinces, but because there's an enemy fleet blockading all your ports, the game thinks you can't reach Theodoro. Only fix is to try and have them revoke that blockade, so smashing the boats or faking them out to get them to move.

It's a fun little side effect from the new "you can only take provinces you can core"-mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
Jup, just saw the patch notes and came back to post that too. :)

• Locked thread