Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Node posted:

You just don't notice them. Like when the AI did not know how to explore on the El Dorado release.

These posts are forever stuck in my mind

Agnostalgia posted:

Okay, tried this new world thing as Cherokee this time. Things seem to be going pretty well, except. . .

I can't find any goddamned white people.

Arrhythmia posted:

*finger on monkey's paw curls down*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Has Common Sense had the post-launch wrinkles ironed out?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah I don't mind estates but if there was a way to burn them all to the ground in exchange for forever forgoing all their bonuses I would probably take it most games

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, expansion only.

The thing is, even favors or promising territory to your ally won't guarantee that they'll answer your call to arms. The AI can still tell you to gently caress off if they don't want to fight, and you need to invest the favors into trust to get any kind of reliability for that. Or at least in theory, because I've yet to see an alliance last long enough to gain a significant number of favors.

Any particular nations? I've been playing as the ottomans and not really noticed anything like that (never manually touched trust at all either) but maybe that's because I'm king poo poo

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

holy poo poo death to the commonwealth. Why does no-one want to stop them except me am I the only one who's sane

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah everyone takes it way too serious, then they do something strategically retarded because they guy they don't like attacked them, and then one guy gets really big and wails on people and everyone is upset

Some people treat it like a game of Diplomacy, other people treat it like DnD

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm Persia trying to convert to Zoroastrianism, I'm not really sure how to do it though, the religious rebels don't seem to be able to convert provinces so they never advance towards winning (unless it's an event that fires after they've been occupied for awhile?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Holy poo poo 2 years into my big break-out war against the Timurids, as Oman, and I realize I accidentally used the "Humiliate Rival" CB. FML.

I guess I just keep them seiged down until rebels start popping up everywhere? Ugh it took 30 years to build up favors with the Ottomans.

If I remember right, if you white peace out they don't lose any war exhaustion

• Locked thread