Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Easier to take, harder to core, from my understandings.

Also anyone recommend a good non-euro country to play? I've never played outside of europe. I think I tried once as Japan, looked at the Daimo system, got confused, and went back to europe. Is south america fun now with el dorado ? How is China and asia now?

I had a lot of fun playing as the Aztec with El Dorado. The early game with them is basically a whole different beast. It is a never ending cycle of war, taking vassals, and then releasing those vassals to get religious reforms all while balancing the Doom meter. When I finally removed the last independent country in Central America, I had an aggressive expansion penalty of somewhere north of 800 points.

It really is a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
After having played up until 1500 with Milan, I feel like the changes aren't anything to get all upset about. I have managed to conquer and diplo-annex a number of neighbors, work my way partway up a few idea groups and still am sitting pretty in every tech tree. I honestly feel like AE is limiting my conquests more than anything else, which is really how it should be.

I really like the limited building mechanic and the fort stuff although I think that an occupied enemy fort next to an unoccupied enemy fort shouldn't automatically get liberated because it just doesn't make any sense.

The rebel thing seems like it has to be an oversight more than anything else. I would be surprised if they didn't implement some new ticking system or something for rebel occupations. As it stands it, just seems really unfair, especially in much larger empires.

Edit. To be fair though, I have had pretty decent rulers and my trade income allows me to go nuts on advisers.

Giggle Goose fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 10, 2015

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Wiz posted:

I wrote a dev diary about the upcoming hotfix and also why there will always be bugs on the launch of an expansion.

Yeah, I don't know how you guys deal with some of the people that play your games. The fact that you are able to identify bugs so quickly and plan for such a quick turnover on hot fixes is really impressive.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
I've come across something that seems like a bug but might just be something that I don't understand. As Milan, I got this event where I could get a new cardinal at the cost of an opinion hit, (-25 Pope's Nephew). Thing is, its been a pretty long time since this happened and yet I am still getting the opinion hit with the countries around me. Is this a bug or is there something that I have to do here?

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Obliterati posted:

You just don't pause. Theoretically anyone can click that button but it's considered a dick move. Basically you play on Speed 2/3 the entire time, pausing only to let people's connections catch up or to let new players find their bearings at the start of a session. Running a full game takes some patience, but we're one session off of finishing our Goon MP game (1787)!

As always, anyone interested can either hop in as a sub or wait for our next fresh start (where we'll finally start using Common Sense).

It would be awesome to play an MP game of EUIV, but honestly, I don't know how I would break myself of slapping the spacebar every time I had a popup. I'd have to disable the thing or something.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Whorelord posted:

why does forming italy remove all my accepted cultures?

Because all of the Latin cultures are accepted cultures in Italy.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
Yeah I found what I think is a bug too. I got some sort of appoint cardinal event wherein the cardinal in question was related to the Pope, and I've had a -25 Pope's Pet diplo penalty for almost 250 years. I had hoped that the last patch would fix it but it hasn't. Of course, maybe it was designed that way, but it seems a little harsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Node posted:

I'm thinking of attempting The Sunset Invasion. I've never played as the primitives before. What are some things I should know before starting?

Playing as the Aztecs is pretty much a totally new game from what you might be used to. You exist in an endless cycle of warring your neighbors, vassalizing them, pushing through a reform, losing all of the vassals and then doing it all again. All while trying to keep your doom down, which honestly is a lot easier now than it was when El Dorado first dropped. It is actually a lot of fun because you will end up with AE in the hundreds and it doesn't really matter. I had a lot of fun with my Aztec play through but it was before the development stuff and it sounds like it might be a lot more difficult now.

• Locked thread