Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A development discount for everyone who isn't in Europe could work to make it at all worthwhile for the rest of the world.

Especially the New World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Good to see that England no longer gets beat half to death by France and becomes completely irrelevant for the rest of the game.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ghetto Prince posted:

Don't try to siege a mountain fortress.

Seriously, don't do it. :suicide:

Tirol returns to being the great nuclear fallout shelter it was before terrain got less spergy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Turns out that the Teutonic Order is perfectly set up for a trade game. It would be absurdly powerful if it were possible to go from Monastic Order to Merchant Republic.

Danzig is literally built out of money.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vorpal Cat posted:

So apparently with the new government rank/title systems there's some fun little Easter eggs depending on your culture, government, and religion.

Animist Egyptian monarchies get to be Pharaohs, while Italian ones can become Imperator if they manage to become an empire.

German republic empires get Presidents, while Islamic ones get Grand Viziers.

If your a Confucian theocratic empire, your led by a Son of Heaven.

However if you want true power form a Romanian empire and have your ruler can transcend their mortal form and become a Car.

The full list can be found in Europa Universalis IV\common\government_names

If you are a Kathiwar tribal Emperor, you are a GREAT JAM.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bohemia tends to nab the Emperor spot from Austria and never let go, from what I've been seeing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is there an easy way to grind prestige up to 50.

I get gently caress-all from battles and winning wars only gives like 6 at a time.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My armies are usually just the same "2 infantry, 1 cav, 1 art" spammed constantly.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The more accepted cultures I have, the more advisors I get that are from different cultures, therefore making it seem like I am indeed a ruler of many peoples.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Guildencrantz posted:

But the war exhaustion and the negative prestige had a side effect. Now I'll show them.

I'll SHOW THEM ALL :unsmigghh:

What the hell are those tricolor colors lol

It reminds me of the Byzantine Republic flag from Rincewind's LP.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lol if you don't think weird stuff happens with lucky nations turned on

I've had the Papal States conquer Tunisia and all of Greece from the Ottomans in an Ironman game, really wish I still could find that screenshot of it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So Mutapa is actually sorta fun to play as now, they have not-poo poo ideas. They start at like +7 ducats a month thanks to 3(!) gold mines, potentially 4 if you beat Sofala off of Kilwa (easy to do because Kilwa's geography fucks them over as far as reinforcing goes.)

Colonize South Africa uncontested because of the change to the colonization idea sets and get a crap ton of ivory and slaves (which are potential gold mines when you abolish slavery.) Hell, even beat-up the Kongolese states uncontested because Europe takes their sweet time getting there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fighting a big naval power is always uggggggghhhhhh. Especially in the Mediterranean, where it takes two seconds tops to go from Cyprus to Gibraltar.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It sucks because the Cherokee, Iroquois, and Huron have great idea sets.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A problem with modeling pre-Columbian North America is just how murky our knowledge of it gets. Archaeology and oral history only take you so far, especially out west.

The Comanche shouldn't even be separate from the Shoshone (and the Shoshone shouldn't have Cherokee names) before the 1700s.

Maybe some Aleut/Inuit/Eskimo peoples up in Canada can make it seem more busy than the game makes it look. Put some more dudes in California.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Too bad the game's timeframe is too early for Ghost Dance and the Native American Church.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Great Basin is a barren hellhole that only hunter-gatherers and Mormons can survive in.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is Gustavus Adolphus getting the Swedish throne a scripted event that happens no matter what as long as you're independent Sweden? Because I just had my 17 year-old heirless king get offed suddenly and replaced by Gustav II Adolph Lancaster and putting me under threat of a Personal Union.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

King Hitler XII "Kill-A-Frenchie" Lancaster

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Brandenburg frankly doesn't need a military idea set off the bat, but Offensive if you want to go full kill mode.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Realistically we're on EU6 now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Games > Europa Universalis IV: Goat-fucker of Alexandria

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Darkrenown posted:

France will remember that.

> Give France 25 ducats?
> [YES]

France has forgotten that

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

YF-23 posted:

It's no replacement for wartime gameplay, but it adds another dimension to the game so long as you are doing a multicultural empire, by allowing you to develop different culture provinces to the point where they become accepted and maintain them as such as you expand further. Otherwise, rather bland, but it is more than nice to have.
Also, seeing the city graphics on the map get bigger makes me happy for a reason I cannot express in words.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bring back toothpaste Germany.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I was wondering if the upcoming estates system was going to be used to model political parties in emerging democracies, like the US.

Federalists
Antifederalists
Tory Bootlickers

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

GSD posted:

My president!

The Supreme Court demands more provinces!

Look, Scalia has to live somewhere and all the current provinces have banned him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Africa used to be an unbroken ring of provinces along the coast, this got changed because a) Iberia tended to focus entirely on Africa instead of the New World, b) Spain having ports in Madagascar in 1520 is ridiculous, and c) it gives everyone in eastern Asia a few centuries to prepare for European bullshit.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Suez and Panama canals could actually be incredibly useful for moving troops in a global empire, they just are too expensive and unlock way too late to matter.

The Kiel canal, meanwhile, is completely useless and being available from 1444 wouldn't make it worth having (joy, I just opened up my perfect naval bottleneck!)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Then there's the secret 7th Military Idea set, "Prussian Ideas".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like how the Africa-wide gunpowder infantry is just a dude in a t-shirt with a hunting rifle.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jewish Theocratic Ethiopia is great, almost pulled it off in Zara Yaqob's life too. Now to stick to being the regional god of the Red Sea.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The best Timmy tactic is to convert to Zoroastrianism.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

OneTwentySix posted:

What's the benefit in converting to Zoroastrianism?

You're a Zoroastrian state in the 15th century, that's what. See also: Jewthiopia.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Paradox should throw a Norse or Suomenusko province in Sweden to turn Scandinavia games into Burn Europe to The loving Ground Simulator. And some Romuva provinces split between the Teutonic and Livonian Orders.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ethiopia rules.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Aisar posted:

I had to load that poo poo up just to check, I've played hundreds of hours of this dumb game and I'd somehow never noticed Lapland started shamanist. Is there anything you can do with that? I'd love to give a shamanist sapmi run a shot as long as I didn't have to console my way in cause I ain't no dirty cheater.

Convert to pagan (so Shamanist, Animist, and Totemist) is a massive bitch compared to any other religious category because you have to tank your economy to pull it off.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I just like seeing the little city graphics get bigger.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Life is hard enough as a New World native in EU4 without smallpox ruining everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RabidWeasel posted:

It's more like when a good show goes 2 seasons longer than it should have and the last episode is really bad and everyone just wants to forget about it and remember the good times

The spin-off that Turkish company made after buying the rights was pretty good, even if the last few decades were just a sad trainwreck.

• Locked thread