Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Aside from watching Arumba's modpack video again, is there a list of what keyboard shortcuts his keyboard shortcut mod adds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Oh wow you can full annex a non-belligerent junior partner in a war, awesome. Went to war with Tunis (and Grenada) as Castille and was able to full annex Granada in a few years, truce-be-damned.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Its 1462 and this is France:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Tsyni posted:

I'd bet heavily on it. I always get excited when I see giant burgundy out west, only to notice them at war with every European country several years later.

Burgandy got coalition but they didn't lose much land from it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Whoever suggested playing as Genoa, awesome idea. I'm having a blast getting random missions "beat up tunis, beat up this random province in morocco, etc". I'm spread all around AND I managed to beat everyone else to Cape Verde (after stealing Grenada out from under Castille). I had to play it fast and loose by keeping an admin guy then a diplo guy long enough to get the idea up but it was worth it. Now I need to get my RT back up and try not to piss off the ottomans (all my missions are beat up the ottomans so I'm hoping to find someone who can help me)...I was the bosphorus.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Somethings things work out. Joined Austria in a minor HRE war just to keep them as allys, my entire army is busy destroying...ahem...turning Morocco into a trade paradise. So this little 6 stack marches in from Hesse or some poo poo, as I get a popup to either lose 10 prestige or spawn a stack of rebels in Genoa. Sucks to be the invading army.

edit:

aww :(

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The Ottomans took two Mamluke provinces that weren't contiguous with the ottoman main land. I (Genoa) took a province next door and the Ottomans got the colonialism CB on me. That seems a little...off...

Does that CB apply to all distant overseas everywhere? Or was it wonky because the two Ottoman provinces weren't part of mainland Ottoman.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

It's cool, I got back at the ottomans by shoving Austria and Poland/Lith into a war (while they were invading more Mamluke land) and taking everything that borders the bosporus. Deny ME access to the Black Sea, will you!?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What's a fun, interesting south east asian country to play as? Either mainland or one of the islands. I've done the Japan/shogun game before, though never went further than forming Japan.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'm best friends with the Papal State. Naples takes Roma, so I take the mission to restore the Holy See. Attack Naples, Papal State is allied to castile, and thus sees it as a defensive call (I guess?) and joins against me. I'm tempted to loving vassalize them for their insolence.

They had a green check for me too which is stupid.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Shiiit, 1.13 is going to obliterate my saves isn't it. I guess I'll start another Russia run.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What causes Western Arms Trade? I keep getting, then losing it as Muscovy.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

sloshmonger posted:

It is under Triggered Modifiers on the bottom right.
I think it's three things:
Relations over 150(1) with an allied (2) neighboring(3) Western country.

My guess is you're getting it when you're in a war (+25) with your ally Sweden?

That's probably exactly it. Sweden hosed me in the last war by denying me one of my claims, so once I wrap up this horde mess I'm marching west.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

How do I raise Patriarch Authority?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I am watching Arumba's Better Than Napoleon run and I never knew you could get elected emperor (or at least voted for, so far) without being in the HRE!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So do truces from revoking a guarantee not show on the diplomacy screen? Because that's really a frustrating thing not to show.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What causes the trade failure event?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

:catstare: Is this real life?

edit:

Oh my

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 20, 2015

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I think you should be able to rival above your weight class. You're an opm and want to rival great Britain because you have nobody else go for it champ

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Pellisworth posted:

I bring offerings for the sperg gods

ARE YOU NOT SATISFIED

Edit: note if you are trying to factor in Production and Trade Efficiency bonuses from NIs and buildings, this table is showing PE and TE combined. So if you wondered how much adding a Workshop for +50% PE would change things, count that as +25% on the table.

I can convert that to a yearly instead of monthly income if someone really wants.

Tweeting that @Arumba07 right now. Dude fuckin loves spreadsheets.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Nothing like turning the rear end in a top hat who declared the coalition war on you into a vassal in that war. It's worth the AE.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'd like to see a mechanic where low tech/low morale armies on the run would hemorrhage men as people along the retreat path just said gently caress it and disbanded. Especially for those pesky armies you have to chase all over, as they lost more in-a-row battles w/out reinforcement they should lose men.

I'd also like to see disbanded troops give some manpower back, or in a perfect world give it back over time as people return home from the army but become draftable again (and to prevent cheesery).

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Colonial Air Force posted:

Low morale armies do hemorrhage people, but it's reflected in their losses as they flee combat. That's why it takes manpower to restore them.

Definitely agree on your second point, though.

But sometimes you ping pong an army ten times from one end to the other and they only lose a few guys each time till you force then into a stack wipe which is rather silly sometimes.

Plus, you can capture boats why not defectors. Would be neat if they functioned like event spawned guys and disbanded after the war you captured them in.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Any good mods outside the extended timeline one? Looking for something different.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

is there anyway to reduce influence without revoking provinces?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I actually, as castile, had portugal break the alliance because I marked Morocco as mine. So now I'll just declare on portugal gently caress them...but nice to see that AI pays attention to what you want.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

loving hell, twice now I've tried to circumnavigate and my ships get stuck off the coast of Gambia, only way to fix is to disband them which is expensive because that also loving disbands the leader. What the gently caress?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Koramei posted:

Same happens to me every time I try it. Are you using a random new world?

Yeah. You should just get the prestige if your ships do it while exploring anyways. I've got the drat near whole map uncovered.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Rivalries dropping instantly sucks. It should be something like that gives a warning and ticks down for a few years so you can get a final humiliation.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I enjoy being big enough to get a coalition and declare on it as a response, taking land. gently caress you in Afghanistan you're a bunch of Indian minors how did you see this ending?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

You know what I loving love? Separatists from another nation, who are of a nation I peacefully vassalized and annexed, crossing into my borders and creating separatism. Look if my country's unrest is 0, stop at the loving border. Especially because you get no warning (you get a cross border message, but no ticking faction so you can prepare).

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'll get a shot when I fire it up again, but in my game it's 1630ish and the livonian order has most of sweden and a large chunk of muscovy.

Fintilgin posted:

No one ever posts random nation screenshots. It's cool and good.

Random Rome is carving out quite an empire all on it's own without me.

I'm a little exasperated that Toledo has three idea sets and none are exploration. I'm already well on the way to locking up Africa.

What happened to France? Where's France? I need an adult.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Look at this Livonian Order in my game. The rest of the world is looking kind of OK.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Tell me why Theodoro is my valid rival, as Afghanistan?

edit: Also Livonian Order still a monster.

edit:

God the rivals system is so broken.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 26, 2016

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

sckye posted:

The game saw how low your power projection was and decided to award you with 10 free points.
Apparently the rivals system is getting a rework soon (next patch, I think?), so it'll probably be better then.

By the way, you might want to edit your images. Just delete the letter "l" before the ".jpg" part, so that the images aren't displayed at just 640x360.

I thought adding the l made them show small but click to embiggen?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Oh god, I'm taking a history class, basically colonialism to civil war and good god I've soaked up a lot of knowledge from this game. Kinda fun.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Pellisworth posted:

I mean, there isn't much actual good history in the game, just very broad strokes intentionally chosen to make a good game.

It's a great gateway for getting interesting in particular nations, regions, etc. and reading up on them outside the game though.

It's stuff like "Oh I know where in the country that native tribe starts" or "I am familiar with the iberian wedding as something that unified spain", stuff like that. Geography a lot too.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Jazerus posted:

Somewhere deep within Paradox's office dungeons, the rattling of chains and screams of Groogy echo.

"YOU PROMISED, JOHAN!"

What is this referring to?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I haven't played in a few updates, but I saw Arumba was using a diplomatic interface that looks like it let him send diplomats automatically to neighbors, see who would ally him, etc. Where is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I just learned about this and I hope it's incorporated into an event chain. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defenestrations_of_Prague

• Locked thread