Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
I think this is the first time I actually ended up accepting to lose a war in EU4. Started up as Milan, did a quickie war for Lucca, then saw that Venice got into a shitstorm and attacked while I had the chance. I'd have likely won the war if Tuscany didn't take Lucca, and then after that would have lost if not for Switzerland declaring war afterward. Once I saw that things looked pretty bad I just took war reps from Savoy and peace'd out.

North Italy looks fun, but you definitely need to play smart now. Loving this patch so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Vorpal Cat posted:

You know what I almost fine with the more expensive coring, +40% on average isn't that bad and its easier to stay above 50 power projection anyway. Plus it makes -coring cost idea much more valuable.

What bothers me is diplo-anaxing being almost 300% more expensive, which pretty much means its always going to more expensive point wise then just Taking the land yourself in the first place considering you don't get the reductions from claims on your vassals land. It almost feels like they completely forgot to rebalanced it for then development system. I'm not a game designer but I really feel it should be something like 5-7 diplo points per development.

The other thing that I feel really wasn't balanced for the new expansion features was rebels who negatively effect a province when they take it. Rebels taking land without a fort in one month is one thing but I really feel you shouldn't get +10 years of separatism or have the religion of the province flipped while that land is still in the zone of control of a fort. I mean isn't the whole point of the new fort system that forts are suppose to protect the land around them, and make it so you never feel like you fully control the land as long as the nearby fort is uncaptured?

Rebels are sort of dumb now but I think that they've been trying to go this way since the beginning. In real history, even the most powerful nations barely made gains. Unless it's MP, you're not going to ever get the sort of diplomacy you'd see going against that, so they have been trying their best to make things be similar to history in SP. Vassal feeding was probably thought of as an exploit. I don't think it ever was intended behavior.

That said, someone mentioned before that world conquest looks impossible now so I'm curious if anyone can go about and do it with how difficult things are.

And the monarch point system is now even more broken. Whoever said luck dictates whatever you can do in game is pretty much right. That could be really fun or awesome just not in this case. Everything is set on one source based on pure luck. If even that was just set as 10 year intervals, it wouldn't be so bad, but this is a game where some nations get a 100 year 6/6/6 ruler and some get multiple 1/1/1 rulers for over 100 years.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
Converted to Protestant as Milan, and after converting all my provinces I'm stuck at 90% Religious Unity. No idea why. Also lost a battle to rebels and my troops nearly ran all the way to Moscow (from Brescia). I don't even know, maybe they wanted to get some cheap vodka???

Overall I haven't really felt like anything costs too much. I'm always ahead in tech and just tossing extra points to improve provinces. I think it's mostly because North Italian provinces are so rich and Ambrosian Republic is practically the best government type other that Dutch. Also for a fun new mechanic, you get to vassalize the pope and then force him to change religion.

One thing with the fort system: once you hit late game and make more money than god, is there really anything stopping you from just covering everything in forts with full defensive and the attrition policy? Forts are pretty cheap. I'm only in the early 1500s and if I really wanted to, I could cover my Milan completely in forts and still make money.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
Yeah basically the other extra stuff is nice but CAPTAIN-GENERAL is just awesome.

I only played a couple games of EU4 MP but it is so much better that you'll have a hard time going back. I couldn't do it often because of time zones and such, but my favorite EU4 moment ever is still when I played as Austria and the other goons were France, someone in Italy, and Teutonic Order. Might have been another person but I forget. I ended up getting two really lucky inheritances and I spent a lot of time and effort propping up the guy in Italy during his wars, saving his rear end at least a couple times with nothing but an IOU card. Went into France to help with some nasty rebellions. Teutonic Order guy turned into (P)Russia and blocked my way to expand east. So I ended up asking both Italy and France if it came to blows would they help out. Moved all my armies 2 provinces away from the Prussian border so that he wouldn't see them and asked him if we could trade provinces so I could expand east, and we'd keep everything north of such and such as his and south would be mine. He said the East belongs to Mother Prussia and I declared war. It was still pretty early but after that he lost since I didn't mind eating a ton of attrition when France and Italy were doing some amphibious landings away from his armies.

You do have to get used to playing at a slower speed without pausing all the time. During wars people accept you need to pause after major battles and such. Just being able to make off the book deals makes it so much better. Diplomacy suddenly matters a lot. Also a good way to make people angry. You tend to never lose in SP, but MP you can get outright destroyed and then make a comeback once the other players decide you need to be powerful again to balance the other guy that suddenly has a lot more.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Mountaineer posted:

Anyone else notice the HRE not passing reforms? I've watched the emperor (Saxony) sit at 100 authority for nearly a century without passing even the first reform.

In my case Austria passed two REALLY fast, as in I was wondering if I should just leave the empire with the new Italian decision since they were blowing up. Glad I stayed as Austria lost it to Bohemia and now that a few switched religions, authority is stuck at 0 while I'm crushing anyone attacking Protestants.

Also holy poo poo, Austria (which has been my ally the whole game) joined the protestant league. Never ever seen Austria go protestant.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
Those times that you're leading the protestant league and France, Bohemia (as emperor) Aragon (more like Spain), Russia and the Ottomans are all on the Catholic side. Been at half power vs them all for years and the only saving grace is having Switzerland as a vassal with a bunch of mountain fortresses wasting all their manpower. Going almost all mercenary is the only thing that lets me keep going.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
30 years war is pretty crazy now but with awesome fort mechanics. If not for forts I don't think I could have went off against France, Spain, Ottomans, and Russia all at once. Even then it was almost 30 years straight of war going from losing horribly to slowly winning.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

What's a good country for someone trying to get back into the game but who doesn't want to play one of the "Newbie" nations, like ottomans, england, castille, or austria?

Go Milan and try to tank your legitimacy as fast as possible to get free Ambrosian Republic. Everyone is about equal to you until you take over a few more spots and you have the chance to become pretty powerful but it doesn't feel easy until you get most of Italy. Don't tech up until you're at least +5% bonus, spend extras on development and use the mountains as to your advantage. Milan owns this patch, it's both broken but feels fair.

Also someone asked about being stuck at 99% or 90% religious unity bug. Just load a new save, no idea what's wrong with that but it happened last patch as well.

aeglus fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 13, 2015

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

randomcommoner posted:

Shows how much I know about history that I thought it was a bug. Thanks.

The other funny thing was that France joined the Protestant League despite being Catholic. At this time the Hapsburgs were on the throne of Austria and Spain, which also included the Spanish Netherlands, meaning France was surrounded on all sides and it wasn't exactly very centralized or powerful. Luckily for France they had a really clever man dictating foreign policy: Cardinal Richelieu

It's one of the most devastating wars in European history. If you enjoy military/diplomatic history, it's a pro-read though the wiki link is mostly just a summary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years%27_War

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Eimi posted:

Huh, its nearly 1600 and I'm still at 0 after a large war with the Ottomons. Do you just spam barracks everywhere? I've only been building them when they give me 500~ manpower or more. Also did you go Quantity? I went Defensive for my first mil idea.

Same like before the patch but if you rely on mercenary infantry for at least half your total infantry, you'll be in much better shape. In my Milan game I have both economic and administrative so I just went all mercenaries for infantry. In my entire game, which is up to the early 1700s, I've only once faced a possible manpower crisis and I've been picking fights with France, Austria, Spain, Britain, etc almost constantly.

I only have around 110k manpower and 120ish force limit, and that one "crisis" was when literally all of Europe from Portugal to Russia joined a coalition against me then shortly after declared war. So I think I had around 140k troops vs ~600k. At the end of the war (which I won) I dropped to 56k manpower. That took a long time playing at 2 speed and trying to trap the AI armies on the right terrain along with flat out wiping two of my 20k squads through some mistakes. Overall I think most people with manpower trouble don't use enough mercenaries and don't fight battles on favored terrain. Also always take quantity, even as Russia or The Ottomans.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Contingency Plan posted:

Is there any rule of thumb for investing in province development? Can I even ignore development altogether? With monarch points being so scarce I'd rather put my points into sexier alternatives like tech, ideas, cores or even reducing inflation.

You should always do your best to only tech up when you get the -5-10% discount unless you're in a war and need the military tech. If you're a European nation, you should have a lot of spare tech points even after coring things.

Rule of thumb is to:
-upgrade provinces that need another building slot
-upgrade diplomacy on gold mines (careful they can break if upgraded too far) or other high production value provinces that make more than admin would
-upgrade admin on lowest cost places that give around .14 per point
-upgrade military on places that give around 400MP per hit.

That's what I've seen looks about right. Gold provinces make a ton of money per upgrade point. Basically you can upgrade anything in farmland and get a good bonus out of it.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
What's the limit on development being a malus on liberty desire for vassals? I have a Switzerland that has a good portion of the HRE as a march with over 300 development as well as feeding France to Burgundy. I've still got some wiggle room on liberty desire but I'm guessing there's another hit for 5-600 development? Just wondering how big to make my mega-marches before I start on another one. I think I'm at 400 AE with a lot of Europe now so it's basically endless war since I don't think the exploit for removing AE works anymore. I guess it doesn't matter, I'm basically DOWing allies of guys I have peace treaties with so I can keep smashing them (well France) before they can rebuild their army.

Serbia as a march has been sort of disappointing. I think I should have taken the provinces for myself and developed them first before handing them over. The Balkans is practically a wasteland that I just use to keep The Ottomans away from me while I play Caesar in Europe.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Baronjutter posted:

Is there any way to merge vassals? They count towards your diplomatic relations so I can't ever have more than 3 or so. I guess annex one and give the provinces to another? I sort of wish vassals alone didn't count towards dip relations. I'd love to just have every german minor a vassal rather than expand at all.

You're in luck, pass enough reforms as the HRE and you get that.

If you end up annexing then giving the provinces, keep in mind that every province you sell is -10 prestige.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
I like 6-2-4 once I get the second level of artillery and 10-2-8 once provinces can generally support 20k stacks. Sometimes I'll also make 10k backup stacks of only infantry if I think that there will be some big battles where the front line is going to get destroyed. Before the patch I used to use detach siege a lot to bait but now that forts block movement it's not really worth it. I also am lazy because my armies are full of mercs and I don't understand people having manpower problems.

The idea of allowing for your armies to be permanent and having a button to have them all merge together again if you ever split them up would be amazing. I just hate having to spend a ton of time after a war reorganizing all my armies back to what they were so being lazy and not bothering wins out.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Mugsbaloney posted:

If I tank my Naval Maintenance will my trade ships still protect trade effectively?

No, keep it at full all the time and mothball your offensive fleet.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Bort Bortles posted:

I found this really funny because it is pretty much impossible in EU4 for the Ottomans to get that big, even if they ignored the Middle East. They get no good missions or events that help them conquer anything they did historically after Constantinople (conquer the Levant now gives a measly 10% discount on the coring cost on a ton of land), but Austria, Spain, and England get crazy missions to let them PU major countries. Why dont the Ottomans get missions or events inciting them to do historical conquests? Why dont the Russians get missions to conquer hordelands? Why isnt China represented better?

I don't disagree with your point but just by chance my last 2 games before this patch had the Ottomans at around historical boundaries or bigger. They'd probably be doing better this game if I didn't stop them at around where Serbia/Croatia is. They really need a reworked mission to take over all of The Mameluks.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
Speaking of The Ottomans, someone already completed a single tag WC with them for this patch: http://imgur.com/a/blUrq

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Pellisworth posted:

I'm even worse, I'll get to like 1600-1650 and be doing amazing and think I might have a chance at it but just get bored because it's so slow and such tedious micromanagement of a huge empire.

I've been playing since EU2, but I get closer to the end now and even finished my first game ever of EU a month or two ago. But yeah, by 1600 or so you know if you won the game. That's why I switched out of Europe and made the end game goal to destroy the navy of every European power then take territory in France. Keeps me going longer. This patched helped to slow things down for those in Europe.

CK2 on the other hand, feels so easy to take over a large bit of Europe and it's extremely easy to keep things stable so I end up quitting after 100 years. Which is too bad since CK2 is a ton of fun.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
I think my Milan game is about to come to and end with a bug that reliably crashes my game every time. I took 13 provinces off of Spain and had them release a couple things, then the very next day the game hard crashes to desktop :( Not sure why.

Eimi posted:

Especially now, how the gently caress do you core everything? :psyduck:

dude that did it posted:

Math(s) This is where Ottoman ideas come to the rescue! They are perfectly placed to block themselves off from Asia with a Persian vassal and from Africa using Syrian and Iraqi vassals. In the early game, this reduces their cost to core provinces by 50% multiplicatively with their 68% reduction (33% national idea + 25% admin idea + 10% claim) to make coring a province cost 1.6 admin points per development. Trying to core a 30 development Beijing? 48 admin points please. Trying to core a standard 6 development desert province? 10 admin points please. In the late game, this gets boosted by an additional 50% from administrative efficiency to reach the minimum coring cost of 1 admin point per development. The limiting factor will be coring time. Thankfully, reduced coring costs from ideas also reduces the coring time. It takes around 13 months to core.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
Hey, I figured out the bug. The KEEP RIVAL (my case Spain) OUT OF ITALY mission is broken. Once you complete it, the game crashes the very next day. I tried messing around a lot to figure out what the problem is and either not taking the Italian provinces to finish the mission OR canceling the mission fixes it. Someone want to take a look at the mission and see if anything looks wrong with it? it gives +2 tax and something else to every province you have in the Italian region for 10 years so it's not something you really want to avoid just because of a bug.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
Another thing I think might be a bug. If you have a client state and convert it into a march, it still only gets interactions that a normal vassal gets instead of what a march gets (so no subsidizing armies or building forts).

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
Influence or diplo is almost always the best choice since the early diplo techs aren't important meaning you have plenty of diplo to waste. Or if you colonize, exploration.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Node posted:

Fucks sake, I just don't get how people do this. I'm bad at this game.

I'm guessing his national focus was admin, but what ideas did he take and in what order? Does he say in the thread I assume he made?

Here's the reddit thread with a mini novel:
https://www.reddit.com/r/eu4/comments/3a1ip1/the_world_on_a_stick_112_onetag_world_conquest/

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Bort Bortles posted:

My Conquistador died, but thankfully he trained up Estevancio before he did! I find it impressive that Estevancio met another boy named Estevancio. Especially because the Estevancio that just died had been taken in and trained up by an Estevancio!

Well, no native would surrender to the Conquistador Wesley.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
I'm nearly at the end of my Milan game, and Serbia, which is one of my marches, has all of her cores, all of the Balkans, and all of Poland plus the Baltic. Is there any reason why Serbia usually has no troops despite having a decent income and money in the treasury? It's basically a glorified wall between me and mega Lithuania.

Meanwhile, my other marches (Spain/Burgundy with most of France/Switzerland with most of Germany) all make some pretty massive stacks. Even my tiny little New Rome client state with only Greek provinces and Constantinople has a decent army.

Why does Serbia suck so much. I guess it doesn't matter since there's only 20 years left.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Bold Robot posted:

Any thoughts as between Administrative and Economic ideas for Brandenburg? Leaning towards Admin for the coring cost reduction.

Economic.

Economic + Offensive = +20% artillery combat ability

Economic + Quality = +5% Discipline

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm not sure how to set my trade up efficiently when I'm an origin node in Southeast Asia instead of somewhere I can redirect trade to.

Eventually you're going to move either your capital or center of trade to a node further down the line if you focus on trade.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Donald Duck posted:

I just play it as if manpower is only for cavalary and artillary. Infantry are 90% mercs.

As it should be (except 100%).

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

VDay posted:

Yeah that's usually a bit tricky to set up properly. Makes sense though, thinking about it being able to join an ally's wars whenever would open up some gamey possibilities. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious.

On an unrelated note, I started up a Poland game today and got to the early 1500's and formed the Commonwealth and oh boy is elective monarchy a huge pain in the rear end that constantly gives me 50+ year old rulers. Is there a decent way to handle the elective monarchy heir race? Because having to constantly bump my dude up is completely draining my legitimacy. Is that the point/gimmick? Or am I supposed to be letting other country's heirs win every once in a while? What happens when another country wins?

I'm going for the One King to Rule achievement so I know the event to break up the Sejm doesn't until the 1600's, so I'm not sure how to go about staying afloat until then considering my prestige is also super low thanks to a tricky TO diplo-annexing that I didn't think all the way through and ended up being a huge annoyance for decades. Other than that though I'm making a ton of money and have a gigantic army, so if it's just a matter of me fighting a succession war or something to get back on track I'm ready for that.

You're supposed to just let other countries get in on the action. You don't lose anything anyway unless it's a multiplayer game and people are being dicks about abusing CBs and even then I'm not sure.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

VDay posted:

Oh so pretty much the exact opposite of what I thought would happen, awesome :doh:

Just going to write that off as a character-building exercise for my population.

To be fair the event confuses a lot of people to the point they think they will be under a PU if they accept a foreign ruler. It's one of those times where knowing the actual history helps a little bit though the game doesn't really model the real history very well either but it's close enough from a gameplay standpoint.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Elman posted:

Yep!

I haven't tried escaping to Italy, that sounds like a good way to get past the Ottomans' warnings. Or maybe try taking Hungary if there's a chance? Or ally Aragon/Genoa for some extra help?

You'll definitely need to defeat the Ottomans if you want to take the balkans, they'll never stop warning you. I spent like 60 years at the start just fighting and recovering from 3 wars against them with Austria and Poland/Lithuania (lost 1), but eventually they fell behind and we kicked them out of Greece. Then France took Chios from Genoa and decided to join the fun, so I allied them and it was a smooth ride after that.

France was ridiculous strong that game actually, they never got their English cores back but they conquered Savoy and had a bigger army than Ming in the 1600s. They helped me a lot against Austria but ended up allying both Portugal and Aragon, which was a pain (though it might have been easier if I'd realized I had the same dynasty as both of those countries :downs: I need to learn to play the PU game).

Of all EU4 things this is the only time I get that feeling something is wrong. Even Theodoro having land makes more sense to me than this.

(also big contender for ugliest Austria)

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Sheep posted:

Sardinia-Piedmont has the coolest map color in the game.

Almost. Theodoro has the best.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
^^Economic + offensive + quality = god armies if you go for the policies

Poil posted:

And severely increasing your inflation every year.

It's not that bad, especially if you went for economic. Even without economic and with both Mexico and Australia sending me gold fleets all the time it still was next to nothing.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Fintilgin posted:

The HRE just declared landfriede(?) which disallows internal HRE wars. I figured I could declare war on him and force him to repeal the law, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

I assume my only option is taking my toys and going home (leave the HRE)?

Sorta weird, I thought you can always DOW the HRE in order to repeal laws. Maybe I'm just thinking of CK2.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

DeeEmTee posted:

Economic's big draws imo are the 20% artillery combat ability and 5% discipline policies that come with offensive and quality. I like it a lot as my second admin group.

Yeah with those two policies it's insanely broken. This means you get a total of +15% discipline along with inherently more powerful infantry and artillery.

But yeah, something for later in the game. Other ideas are more useful early on.

Imagine being Prussia with 130% discipline. Actually how high could you get it? I forgot you could go absolute monarchy for another +5%, and quality+religious for another +2.5% putting you at 137.5% (Prussian ideas/Protestant/policies/adviser/offensive/quality/absolute monarchy)

Japan could technically be at +142.5 I guess since they get +10% discipline instead of +7.5% and they could more realistically change religions to Hindu for the extra +5% bonus with Shakti.

aeglus fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 23, 2015

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

VDay posted:

Well yes if you only make 3 ducats a month from tax income then the tax income bonus isn't super great.

In my Commonwealth game right now getting a 10% bonus to tax income and a 10% reduction in army maintenance alone would get me an extra 10 ducats a month. That's in 1602. If you think that's a completely worthless bonus to get on top of having cheaper buildings to then spend all that extra money on, quicker autonomy decrease on newly conquered provinces, and an inflation reduction so that I can hire a prestige advisor instead and have better fighting armies then I don't know what to tell you and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

A lot of people just look at their net profit instead of how much total they make, so a lot might only be making a few ducats and think they'd get .25 a month bonus when really it might be more like 5-10 a month bonus.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

PleasingFungus posted:

yeah. naval combat is, and has always been, insanely bad.

at least it's funny, now that you can annihilate entire national fleets in completely one-sided battles and dominate worldwide naval power with minimal effort. iirc eu3/early eu4 naval combat was bad in a different way...

I always make it an end game goal to destroy all of the big navies in Europe. One stack of 30 big ships is usually enough to destroy everything. Naval combat in this game is dumb and the naval AI is even more dumb.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
Anyone manage to do a successful run as The Knights yet?

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
With the new fort mechanics, the start for Ethiopia is... interesting. Too poor to fund any forts, too poor to build more, and with the first idea coming later, takes forever before you can start converting your provinces.

Just another couple wars out from reaching Kilwa and the gold mines, so hopefully things pick up by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Gort posted:

If we're in "making random suggestions" mode, I'd love to see the ability to "mothball" (could call it "demobilise" or "stand down") armies. Pretty much every argument for being able to mothball fleets works for mothballing armies, and it would be good in situations like:

I'm generally at peace but need a few colonial troops at full morale to fight natives or explore

I'm at peace but want one army ready to fight in case I'm attacked - the others can hide in the rear until their morale recovers in the event of war

I'm a giant country like Russia and only need to fight on one front, not all of them

Basically been wishing this since forever. CONGRATS YOU HAVE REBELS, NOW YOU HAVE TO SPEND 3 MONTHS PAYING FULL ARMY MAINTENANCE TO KILL ONE STACK. I shouldn't have to mobilize and pay for my entire army just to kill one stack of pissed off religious zealots.

• Locked thread