Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

There are OS X trackpad issues since the most recent patch, you can workaround them by using a mouse, but don't expect to play without one until they get fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Senso posted:

I don't know how any of you were able to play with the Macbook trackpad, I once tried and it was the most tedious gameplay experience. :psyduck:
Even with the Apple magic mouse, it was terrible. I eventually bought a "normal" mouse with a normal scrollwheel just for EU4.

Tedious how? Did you not use the arrow keys for moving the map around?

Before the patch it was a very easy game to play on the track pad. I'm just glad I haven't had to fly anywhere, EU is one of my goto airplane games because of the ease of playing with the trackpad (and the ability to just stare as the days go by).

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

What the gently caress common sense is great what are they mad about? So far 90% of the complaint threads have been people bitching that this or that unpaid feature is RUINING THE GAME for people without the expansion.

Buy every DLC idiots.

The patch that came with CS did break the game for a lot of people. I know I wasn't the only one waiting till the hot fix to play.

Luckily, XCOM was on sale on the same day so I didn't mind.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mans posted:

Here he just becomes one with the army, living in barracks for the rest of his life.

Just roleplay that the increased chance is due to war wounds that never heal or syphilis from post-victory partying and it just took a while to slay your ruler.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

VDay posted:

Yeah the Ottomans have run rampant and been completely unchecked in every game I've played so far. They just shove the Mamluks over while picking and choosing their wars in Europe and around Crimea. When they hit Hungary/Austria they just go expand towards India and by the time any nation is a big enough blob to try and take them on they have twice the manpower/armies. It takes some real effort to keep them in check, unless you try to kneecap them early which has its own set of challenges.

In my most recent Milan game they've been completely crippled, Venice owns half of Greece, Byzantium is resurgent, the minors control all of Anatolia.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Also I find buckets of cash less useful now since I don't want to just building spam.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Don't these seem huge:

quote:

- In order to demand provinces you must now be able to make them your core

- Will now refuse to be vassalised by a country that owns its cores.

Does that mean you can't take provinces you can't directly start coring after the war? For example, in most recent Ethiopia game I've taken some territory that I had to sequentially core, because I couldn't core them all at first, but the provinces were contiguous with my existing cores. Could I no longer take those provinces if I couldn't core them immediately?
Post below me has the context duh.

And on the second one, doesn't that mean "take enough provinces to get below 100% war score to vassalize" won't be as simple as 2 wars to eat the whole country anymore?

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 26, 2015

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Beamed posted:

Man, the zone of control either has tons of undocumented exceptions, is buggy, or knowing Paradox, probably both. I was playing as Brandenburg and besiging an unfortified province, surrounded by 3 forts I captured from Poland, and Poland just walked past the forts - literally, they were a ring around the province, and Poland just ignored them to attack my army.

Forts you've occupied from the enemy don't give a zoc iirc

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

What's the best way to help your colonial nation (Bharalia :downs:) win a war if you enforcing peace isn't an option due to their overlord (England) being way stronger than me (Bharat)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Node posted:

Unless I'm doing something terribly wrong, you can't control the fleet while its on its mission, so you can't have it repair anywhere. Is there some way to make it repair at colonies?

No but having colonies and fleet access decreases damage taken on the voyage due to the increased supply range.

• Locked thread