Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Tsyni posted:

Not just your trade city, but your actual capital. Move it to the low countries to avoid revolts later. If you have Antwerpen and Holland, you'll rake in the dough. Transfer trade power from Lubeck to English channel.

hey what's all this about. does it matter which province and does it just completely negate the 35k+ rebels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

They just need to replace fabricating claims with a general border friction CB that everyone gets, or allow you to fabricate claims on the state level. Fabricating claims on multiple provinces is really boring and dumb.

global sengoku

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

snoremac posted:

Why is it that sometimes I need to re-make cores? It's instantaneous to do so but I'd like to avoid it and hang onto the AP if I could.

are you talking about like. right after you gain them in a peace deal. i think you pay half of the coring cost, then state them, then the rest of the coring cost is instant

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

how likely is ming to implode around 1600. i'm a pretty powerful japan but the game crashed and when i reloaded they rivaled me and i'm afraid of their 90k troops and crazy force limit. no institutions have come close to spreading over here except for colonialism which i got from an event

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

something's wrong with riker's braaain

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hmm you're not leinster so no

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

green + harp

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oddium posted:

hmm you're not leinster so no

sligo is being annexed also pale has no fort now :wth:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sounds like you need to guarantee that they're shoved off to shetland

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah i think that's luck of the irish in the bag :discourse:

should i form ireland or is it funnier to dunk on england as leinster hmm

e: by the way the Exodus strategy is for babies

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Tsyni posted:

I was looking at the requirements for spawning on the institutions' screen and it looks like your capital also has to be a port... Which is either a change for 1.19 or is mislabeled.

i think this means the province it spawns in will be a port because that's dumb otherwise

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i think you can right click the shield to unrival instead of switch. i dunno i usually don't mess with rivaling unless i've just eclipsed someone

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

maybe the insult made you mad enough to break a truce 😬

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i saw it sometime around updating to the current version but thinking about it it may have been when i downgraded to continue my japan ironman. local saves only

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

are you trying to say "bustling"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you need to give world conquest a try... with ryukyu :twisted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Ah I gotta move my capital to the HRE, that'll do it.

I wish you could get a break down on why people vote how they vote. Like it's nice if I mouse over it shows I'm at -1000 and austria is at 150 and Baden is at -974 or what ever, but tell me why I'm at -1000, break it down. I'm sure it caps at -1000 and there's some "capital not in HRE -1000" modifier.

i thought it did ?? i remember modifiers like "nation too small" or "not in the hre"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ae scales with province development and constantinople is a pricey prize to begin with

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

in my first game i played as burgundy and vassalized lorraine and the whole hre retaliated. in my restart austria helped me take most of france but then the netherlands rebelled and my awful understanding of the military and what ideas were good brought me down.

looking back burgundy is not a good first time nation, or really a good nation in general, but it always warms my heart when they survive into the late game and do well

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Tsyni posted:

Burgundy isn't newb friendly, certainly, but they are actually a pretty powerful country to start as. They also have good NIs.

you get the +10% morale and some good nis, but then you gotta sink a lot into annexing nevers/the netherlands, deal with the netherlands rebelling, expand into either the hre or (if you're not quick) elan france. burgundy is strong and my friend but it's an uphill battle

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sounds like the burgundian inheritance fired and austria crushed france

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

I always release Leon as a vassal when I'm conquering the Iberian peninsula because their color is cool and their name is cool

the desmond principal

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i did a successful chrysanthemum throne a few weeks ago. the worst part was the brown daimyo would keep declaring war for the shogunate and we would stomp japan + the other daimyo but then yeah he would peace out and we'd all be subjects still.

eventually when i managed to declare before him i couldn't figure out how the shogunate was supposed to be passed in the peace deal so i liberated all the daimyo and fully annexed japan a few years later. weird war

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm pretty sure i took kyoto and stayed yamana. it wasn't until i took the last two japanese provinces that i automatically became japan

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

my stupid idiot queen died at 30 and my dumb idiot heir died 5 years later at 31 and now i'm in a personal union with france and i was four provinces away from luck of the irish rude

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

forts are like 2 ducats a month each, no thanky

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they're going to add a spy network option to assassinate foreign royalty at extreme penalties

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

jpparker55 posted:

I see a lot of mention of developing provinces for institutions but have no idea how this works. Could someone give me a noobs explanation of what I should be doing for that?

buy common sense

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's 1484 in central america and i just completed all the aztec reforms. my ae is super high from constantly breaking truces and my manpower and ducats are depleted. but i think i can still conquer everyone before europe arrives.

in retrospect maybe i should have gotten them all down to opm for the final conquest

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah this is more of a practice run so i just went hog wild

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the first game i played ended quickly because i vassalized lorraine, which was one of burgundy's missions. that's when i learned about the hre and ae

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if you go to war with a rival and have 40% warscore to spare you'll probably get +1 to each mp out of it so that's cool

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

early on in my eu4 playtime i was fighting korea as burgundy and after stomping their main army it was like, "oh i can just get a ton of mercs from here" and it was pretty weird

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

merc build time should scale from your distance to Seychelles

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ayutthaya has a cool flag and an achievement

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

is this what you were looking for

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

when playing as a buddhist is it better to just play normally and eat the penalties

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

art of war, common sense, and personally rights of man

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Bold Robot posted:

Which is the easiest Irish minor to play as? I have never played a game in that little part of the world and I want to try something new. Any recommendations/strategies?

leinster because
  • green
  • harp

ally with england to take scotland (maybe give them lothian to keep them happy (or don't)) then take quantity to outnumber england

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Deltasquid posted:

:wtc: Even unchecking the "allow to be called in offensive wars" box causes my dumbass 2-province ally to declare a war for independence on the emperor and drag me with him. Is playing in Japan straight up impossible this patch?

i dunno i managed to do it as yamana. it's super busted though

• Locked thread