Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This was my favorite part of this last episode. :kimchi:

I don't read the manga, without spoiling, is it safe to assume poo poo is about to go down in the next episode based on that reveal towards the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

teagone posted:

I don't read the manga, without spoiling, is it safe to assume poo poo is about to go down in the next episode based on that reveal towards the end?

It's moving back toward some action, yes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Everything Burrito posted:

It's moving back toward some action, yes.

Can't wait :neckbeard:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be slightly more specific without spoilers:
I'm not sure that the next ep. will be full-on battle, kinda depends on how much condensing they do of the next few chapters, but things should start to roll in that direction and ramp up until the finale.

I've been dragging out my re-read to keep pace with the anime so I'm not super fresh on the upcoming parts at this moment.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 17, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Some wallpapers, unfortunately couldn't find all the eyecatch cards for every episode at this quality so didn't bother with small lovely ones.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also because I don't have enough posts in this thread yet

Someone finally posted ch.1 of GANGSTA:CURSED in English

Read at your own risk with regard to any anime or main manga spoilers contained therein. I haven't read it yet myself so I can't say.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Alright I've hit this show on my trial list. Seems everyone likes it so far. Will return with thoughts.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

how many chapters of this manga are out in japan? i know there are 7 volumes out in Japan, but the english scans that are out are only chapter 34 or 36. is that all the chapters that are out?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
40 or 41, something like that. It went on a pretty long hiatus between volumes 6 and 7 because of the author's health problems so it took a while for vol. 7 to even have enough chapters to be released.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

40 or 41, something like that. It went on a pretty long hiatus between volumes 6 and 7 because of the author's health problems so it took a while for vol. 7 to even have enough chapters to be released.

that's what i thought. it really sucks because this anime won't even cover half the full story. i mean they might be able to cover what has been released but there is still so much more that can happen. if they do cover what manga chapters have been released then i am not really sure where they can stop. this is going to have an anime original ending and it will probably be bad.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Also because I don't have enough posts in this thread yet

Someone finally posted ch.1 of GANGSTA:CURSED in English

Read at your own risk with regard to any anime or main manga spoilers contained therein. I haven't read it yet myself so I can't say.

i just read it and i would say if you havent read all of the manga chapters released or are just watching the anime to probably hold off on reading this. that said i think it will be cool to get some more backstory on the characters in this spin-off/flashback

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

that's what i thought. it really sucks because this anime won't even cover half the full story. i mean they might be able to cover what has been released but there is still so much more that can happen. if they do cover what manga chapters have been released then i am not really sure where they can stop. this is going to have an anime original ending and it will probably be bad.

Spoilering manga stuff, sorry this is just a solid black post. Don't read if you don't want to see some speculation about what content the next episodes are going to contain.
I'm going off summaries right now because I haven't re-read this part yet so my recollection on details is vague.

Maybe just because in my mind it felt like the most natural stopping point, I was hoping the anime finale would be the attack on the club. Unfortunately they would have to slow the pace & stretch Volume 4 across 6 5 episodes, so I guess that's unlikely unless they use several episodes for the fight. It has to go far enough to introduce the Destroyers because they have voices, but IIRC that happens right at the end of Volume 4. A lot of different characters get to shine in that fight so I thought it would work well as a S1 climax. Stopping after the club fight gets all the villains out into the open and is a good place to set up for a potential season 2, and if they put that off long enough there would hopefully be more manga content to animate as well. The biggest problem is it doesn't have any finality if the show stopped there, since it's the lead-in for the really bad poo poo to start going down.

This is why I think the club fight works as the finale, because it does actually fit to do a chapter per episode and end at the end of Volume 4:
Ep. 8 - another SoL episode where they fix Connie's shop, Alex does the lost cat job, they encounter the random anti-Twilight guys, Alex's brother shows up (chapter 17-18)
Ep. 9 - "Bastard" fight part 1 - setting up and everyone reaches the club (chapter 19)
Ep. 10 - "Bastard" fight part 2 - fight actually starts (chapter 20)
Ep. 11 - "Bastard" fight part 3 - Mikhail & Erica vs. Marco & Galahad, Nic shows up (chapter 21)
Ep. 12 - "Bastard" fight part 4 - flashback to Erica & Delico's past, Erica vs Nic in the present, ends with Uranos Corsica introducing the Destroyers (chapter 22)

Since I don't think that's what they'd actually do, this is probably more likely:
Ep. 8 - Odd jobs/Alex's brother first half, second half @ Bastard (chs. 17-19, possibly some of 20)
Ep. 9 - "Bastard" fight, Erica/Delico flashback, Nic vs Erica, Destroyers intro (chs. 20-22)
Ep. 10- Too much little stuff to summarize lol, guild attack, Connie's gone? (chs. 23-25)
Ep. 11 - Delico & Yang hunt for Erica, Striker attacks Monroe mansion (chs. 26-27)
Ep. 12 - Monroe mansion fight wrap up, Guild attack cleanup, Connie cliffhanger??? (chs. 28-29?)

I dunno it starts to fall apart for me toward the end at this pace. Stopping after the mansion attack, they could leave Worick's fate a little uncertain since I think he's wounded at that point (even though it would be kinda lovely) since that would complete the Volume 5 content, and then start potential Season 2 with the cleanup & aftermath -- or if they're not hoping for getting another season end with that (chapter 29/opening of Volume 6). Going further than that, there doesn't seem to be a very good place to stop and I think there's too much to fit into the remaining episodes. I also don't think there would be enough attachment to Connie for people watching the show for it to end on what happens to her so I wonder if they'll get into that much.

Fake edit -
I just checked episode titles; with Ep. 8 being EVENING DRESS I'm going to say they'll do chapter 19 and possibly 20 in episode 8, so I revised my second speculation based on that pacing. I guess they could do the club fight then some anime-only stuff, but I'd rather see them just pick a good place to stop than make some bullshit anime-only ending, even if that means winding up with a non-ending finale.

edited to fix up my gently caress-up on episode #s :blush:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 18, 2015

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Spoilering manga stuff, sorry this is just a solid black post. Don't read if you don't want to see some speculation about what content the next episodes are going to contain.
I'm going off summaries right now because I haven't re-read this part yet so my recollection on details is vague.

Maybe just because in my mind it felt like the most natural stopping point, I was hoping the anime finale would be the attack on the club. Unfortunately they would have to slow the pace & stretch Volume 4 across 6 episodes, so I guess that's unlikely unless they use several episodes for the fight. It has to go far enough to introduce the Destroyers because they have voices, but IIRC that happens right at the end of Volume 4. A lot of different characters get to shine in that fight so I thought it would work well as a S1 climax. Stopping after the club fight gets all the villains out into the open and is a good place to set up for a potential season 2, and if they put that off long enough there would hopefully be more manga content to animate as well. The biggest problem is it doesn't have any finality if the show stopped there, since it's the lead-in for the really bad poo poo to start going down.

This is why I think the club fight works as the finale, because it does actually fit to do a chapter per episode and end at the end of Volume 4:
Ep. 7 - another SoL episode where they fix Connie's shop, Alex's brother is mentioned (chapter 17)
Ep. 8 - Alex does the lost cat job, they encounter the anti-Twilight guys, Alex's brother shows up (chapter 18)
Ep. 9 - "Bastard" fight part 1 - setting up and everyone reaches the club (chapter 19)
Ep. 10 - "Bastard" fight part 2 - fight actually starts (chapter 20)
Ep. 11 - "Bastard" fight part 3 - Mikhail & Erica vs. Marco & Galahad, Nic shows up (chapter 21)
Ep. 12 - "Bastard" fight part 4 - flashback to Erica & Delico's past, Erica vs Nic in the present, ends with Uranos Corsica introducing the Destroyers (chapter 22)

Since I don't think that's what they'd actually do, this is probably more likely:
Ep. 7 - Odd jobs/Alex's brother first half, second half @ Bastard (chs. 17-19) - REVISED: chs. 17-18
Ep. 8 - "Bastard" fight, maybe through to where Nic shows up (chs. 20-21) - REVISED: chs. 19-20
Ep. 9 - Erica/Delico flashback, wrap up Bastard fight, Destroyers intro (ch. 22) - REVISED: chs. 21-22
Ep. 10- Too much little stuff to summarize lol, guild attack, Connie's gone? (chs. 23-25)
Ep. 11 - Delico & Yang hunt for Erica, Striker attacks Monroe mansion (chs. 26-27)
Ep. 12 - Monroe mansion fight wrap up, Guild attack cleanup, Connie cliffhanger??? (chs. 28-29?)

I dunno it starts to fall apart for me toward the end at this pace. Stopping after the mansion attack, they could leave Worick's fate a little uncertain since I think he's wounded at that point (even though it would be kinda lovely) since that would complete the Volume 5 content, and then start potential Season 2 with the cleanup & aftermath -- or if they're not hoping for getting another season end with that (chapter 29/opening of Volume 6). Going further than that, there doesn't seem to be a very good place to stop and I think there's too much to fit into the remaining episodes. I also don't think there would be enough attachment to Connie for people watching the show for it to end on what happens to her so I wonder if they'll get into that much.

Fake edit -
I just checked episode titles; with Ep. 7 being BIRTH and Ep. 8 being EVENING DRESS I'm going to say they'll do chapters 17 and 18 in episode 7 and chapter 19 and possibly 20 in episode 8, so I revised my second speculation based on that pacing. I guess they could do the club fight then some anime-only stuff, but I'd rather see them just pick a good place to stop than make some bullshit anime-only ending, even if that means winding up with a non-ending finale.

spoilers dont read them if you dont want to be spoiled

you have definitely put more thought into this than i have, and i really hope they do the first part of your speculation. that would be a nice clean stopping point, but there is no way they are going to do that. especially if they have already cast VAs for the Destroyers. i just hope they dont do some dumb anime only thing, but we will see. i really doubt this will get a second season which is going to be sad. here is hoping kohske stays healthy and draws more manga because i like this story.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I'm not expecting to see this get another season. :( I just want it to stay true to the manga like it has been so far and not get mired down in an original ending and end up like BBB.

I think objectively there are better shows this season and this year, but this one is the crystallization of so many things I like into one piece of media that I can't help but love it, which is why I spend way too much time thinking about stuff like what chapters might end up in what episodes and how hosed up Nic's and Worick's relationship is.

edit: wow I'm totally a dumbass and forgot that Sunday's episode was #7, not #6. Hulu delayed the episode so I had to resort to :filez: to watch on Sunday, but kept looking at the Hulu page that only had through 6 up and guess I just got that in my head or something. That kinda fucks my speculation up since I was an episode behind the whole time hahaha. So embarrassing.

It's fixed now, but has been quoted to my eternal shame.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 18, 2015

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

they got lyrics for the OP now. "i wanna renegade down" is real. i love japan

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

they got lyrics for the OP now. "i wanna renegade down" is real. i love japan

Are they aware of how silly the Engrish sounds?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The biggest surprise for me was finding out how much of the Japanese I thought sounded like English turning out to actually be English.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

The biggest surprise for me was finding out how much of the Japanese I thought sounded like English turning out to actually be English.

Ah, the Gatchaman Crowds phenomenon.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pretty sure it's a staple of most Japanese TV these days really.

Hell, it's been bugging Japan for a while.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

Pretty sure it's a staple of most Japanese TV these days really.

Hell, it's been bugging Japan for a while.
That man can go gently caress himself.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Grouchio posted:

That man can go gently caress himself.

Language.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

More importantly, where can a discerning, English-speaking, inconsiderate-of-philosphical-diversity gaijin like myself watch BS Konsheruju(BS Concierge)?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Here? On these forums?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He meant say it in Japanese, you are insulting that old man's bushido pride.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Boogaleeboo posted:

He meant say it in Japanese, you are insulting that old man's bushido pride.
Kay. あの男は、自分自身を性交行くことができます。

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

The last few episodes have been really boring and slow

How many eps is it running for?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
12 or 13, I think.

One cour.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

.jpg posted:

How many eps is it running for?

the manga is pretty slow paced as well, but the next episodes stuff should start happening. i really think this series was given an anime adaptation way too soon

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

.jpg posted:

Last episode was great though?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's slow if you're expecting this to be an action show, so I can understand that but the character/SoL parts are way better.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

It's slow if you're expecting this to be an action show, so I can understand that but the character/SoL parts are way better.

That's kind of what I thought it was gonna be due to the way they kicked off the series, but I'm also ok with it not being that

The past couple of eps just felt really drawn out and not really going anywhere. The character backstories they've told could have been done in half the time.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I caught up on the last four episodes, and Gangsta is still good. You may all continue to watch knowing you have my blessing.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Boob sign language.

And I hope that Alex gets both of the sexy anime-middle-aged guys.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Nico saying her sign-language sucked and that she didn't make any sense was the best.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
And it's such a good allegory for what Ally has been seeking in Nic and Worick. People she can hang out with as equals, free to make mistakes and being forgiven.

Unfortunately, this is Ergastalum, and you can't always get what you want.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Phobophilia posted:

And it's such a good allegory for what Ally has been seeking in Nic and Worick. People she can hang out with as equals, free to make mistakes and being forgiven.

Unfortunately, this is Ergastalum, and you can't always get what you want.

I agree with the first part, don't think the second part is quite right though. Nic told her to start over and be easy since he only has 1 copy-- that's basically giving her what she wants-- a place to belong

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
If that was Mamiko Noto doing the singing, she needs to do that more often.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Pretty sure that was her. It is hard to say since it has been a while since she released solo songs, like the Jigoko Shoujo EDs, and those were kind of in a different voice to fit the character.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Ep 8 was pretty chilled I really enjoyed it especially

The awesome jazz song at the end, first anime song during an episode in a long time I've not muted or skipped all together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So, maybe I missed this, but are Twilights forced to wear their tags? If they're being persecuted, why not just remove them and pretend to be normal?

• Locked thread