Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

THANK GOD

Mornacle why didn't you want to win???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sucks when no when believes your vanilla.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Hal Incandenza posted:

THANK GOD

Mornacle why didn't you want to win???

I'm a man of peace!!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ty for believing in me asiina

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Great game, everyone, and thanks for a super fun time Pig! This was the first time I've ever been a 3P in my life, and it was very nerve-wracking!

So, in seriousness about the no-kill thing, I copped n1 because I'd got some suspicion and had to have something to claim, plus I figured I'd hold my cards close to my chest w/r/t having two nightkills out there. Then n2 I figured I was a good target for scum or the tracker, whichever there might be, so I hid. And then I started to realize it would be feasible for me to win my first ever SK game without killing a single time, so I just had to go for it. I was hoping last night that imgay really was scum and would kill Asiina expecting to win (and then get endgamed by me), especially since I knew that Asiina was going to protect him and that it would probably be it for me if she didn't die. In fact, I PMed this to Pig when the thread opened today:

quote:

Calling that Asiina was obliged to doc imgay last night and will now vote me because there was no kill.
I was hoping that imgay had bailed me out with his "scum who can't kill" supposition, but alas, no such luck. Also, it's too bad I didn't raise a fuss about the lack of kills one day sooner or later, since I think I'd have won if Asiina could have targeted me instead of imgay.

Town could have probably figured out that there were two scum teams. EXAKT had a one-shot jail, which would be worthless if there wasn't someone who could kill scum. Also, his flip of unlimited rolecop + 1-shot hide was a perfect match for my unlimited cop + 1-shot hide. I was very nervous every time I talked about him that someone would notice one or both of those things, you can see me start to omit the jailer/hider aspect of our roles as the game went along. I actually thought of trying to bring it up, but I thought it was too likely to backfire and out me as Knowing Too Much. I also considered claiming SK on the last day to see if Asiina would vote NL again, but I guess it's good I didn't because it was probably still plurality and therefore that would never have worked.

I'm not sure if I should've been playing under the assumption that the other scum team was a 1-man or not. For a while, I assumed there must be a second one that would make my cop not worthless. Toward the end, I was trying to play with a mind toward either possibility. Hence why I killed Sam instead of imgay: I knew Asiina couldn't protect me that night, so if there was a scum I wanted to kill him; if not, I didn't have a chance convincing Asiina to kill Sam after she protected him during a no-kill. Also, if Sam had in fact bussed EXAKT, then there was a possibility that EXAKT rolecopped me n1 and Sam knew I was SK; the way he kept switching onto me with no explanation seriously did make me anxious.

I really was honest about liking him for scum, though. I never lied as far as I remember, except for the last result I claimed on imgay. In general, I tried to play the whole game like a townie, with the caveat that I had to stay alive obviously. It definitely was difficult to fake in endgame, though, here's a PM from right before the last no-dunk:

quote:

Its getting so hard to pretend like I care who we kill as long as it's not me, if we no-dunk again I will cry.
Even today, I kind of considered myself as halfway a winner already, so I was pretty YOLO about it, whereas if I was town I would have been super nervous.

Great job Asiina and imgay! EXAKT, I'm sorry you got trackered so early and we didn't get to have a battle of wits. Spooky wits. :drac:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey, I did it.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Somberbrero posted:

Hey, I did it.

It's funny because I honestly was surprised when you flipped town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I feel pretty good that my only real posts all game were trying to get the only scum killed.

Had I lived to D2 I was going to start going after mornacle because I didn't like the cop claim (which turned out to be true!) but reading along by the end of the game I definitely didn't know if it was imgay or morn, that was a good job of being pretty town. From a personal standpoint I wouldn't want to nerf myself into a survivor role like you basically did, but at the same time I totally respect the balls it takes to try and win that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel pretty good that my only real posts all game were trying to get the only scum killed.

Had I lived to D2 I was going to start going after mornacle because I didn't like the cop claim (which turned out to be true!) but reading along by the end of the game I definitely didn't know if it was imgay or morn, that was a good job of being pretty town. From a personal standpoint I wouldn't want to nerf myself into a survivor role like you basically did, but at the same time I totally respect the balls it takes to try and win that way.

I wouldn't have done it at first if I didn't think there was a scum left to do my job for me, then by the end I was so close I had to try. Though honestly, I think it confused the town so much it almost got me there on weirdness alone. :v:

• Locked thread