Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Episode 8 - You Ain't Got the Balls Ya Bony rear end is now up.

We near the end of our journey as we enter the castle of the Master himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Episode 9 - Live by the Sword. Die by the Sword. is now up.

It's time for the final showdown with the Master! Stay for the credits to hear Enric tell Maya the story of her rescue. As a side note, I also renamed the first episode to fit with the naming scheme better.

I had a bunch of fun with this one! I may do the Limb from Limb xpac as well, haven't decided yet. If I do, I'll just run the series in this thread.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thanks mr skeltal rojo!

Except for that level, this game looks* pretty fun, thanks for LPing it! :)

As an aside, those armored skeletons sure looked like they were wearing boobplates.

Also, Jennifer Hale as Maya. :eek:

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
It's a shame you didnt get more comments on this, as this was a pretty solid LP. It was great to finally see the ending to this game to. I played this when it came out but i gave up on it due to it being very hard and very buggy. Looks like that hadn't changed much though hah.

Please do show off the expansion pack, never saw anything of that.

Or if your to sick of the game, i think Severance: Blade of Darkness would be a great fit for a next LP for you.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Does the amulet of protection against ranged attacks have any use aside from trivializing the fight against the orc shaman? It doesn't even seem to do anything in the final fight against the wizard's zapping.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Thanks a bunch, fun to finally see how this game ends.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Huh. They didn't even give Sir Tony loving Jay a VA mention?

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

PurpleXVI posted:

Does the amulet of protection against ranged attacks have any use aside from trivializing the fight against the orc shaman? It doesn't even seem to do anything in the final fight against the wizard's zapping.

It's possible that the wizard might one shot you from full HP if you didn't pick it up, but I haven't tested it. I guess it's theoretically possible that it would help against the spear traps in the walls as well. My hunch is that it's only or at least mainly for the encounter with the orc shaman, though.

Dinictus posted:

Huh. They didn't even give Sir Tony loving Jay a VA mention?

There seem to be two sets of credits. I think the first set is for the Limb from Limb xpac, and then the ones that follow are for the original game. Tony Jay is credited around 11:55 in.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 30, 2015

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

rojogames posted:

There seem to be two sets of credits. I think the first set is for the Limb from Limb xpac, and then the ones that follow are for the original game. Tony Jay is credited around 11:55 in.

Well colour me stupid :v:

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I wanted top see this game since I was a kid, but they didn't sell it in Russian flee markets (they used to sell pirated game copies before kazaa etc.). It's nice to see someone show it off.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Popping in to say holy poo poo this game. I had the demo and it always struck me even as a kid just how ambitious it seemed.

Plus I loved all the swearing in multiplayer

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Captain_duck posted:

It's a shame you didnt get more comments on this, as this was a pretty solid LP. It was great to finally see the ending to this game to. I played this when it came out but i gave up on it due to it being very hard and very buggy. Looks like that hadn't changed much though hah.

Please do show off the expansion pack, never saw anything of that.

Or if your to sick of the game, i think Severance: Blade of Darkness would be a great fit for a next LP for you.

I highly, highly suggest this. Combine soul calibur with die by the sword and you've got Severence if that gives you an idea

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Now that I've had a bit of a break I wanted to let you guys know that I'm planning on doing the Limb From Limb xpac on Sundays starting this weekend on July 26. Updates will go in this thread.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Episode 1 - Ya Bony Bastards is now up for the Limb From Limb xpac.

Not sure what we're doing in this temple, but it's filled with rear end in a top hat skeletons!

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
And that brings me to material I never have seen before. Limb From Limb never saw much release where I live at the time, and I never :filez:'d it either.

I'll enjoy watching this.

EDIT: Huh. They refined the dungeon mechanics and cleaned the platforming up a bit? That's one way to start things off, I guess. What are the different weapons you can equip anyway?

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 26, 2015

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Dinictus posted:

And that brings me to material I never have seen before. Limb From Limb never saw much release where I live at the time, and I never :filez:'d it either.

I'll enjoy watching this.

EDIT: Huh. They refined the dungeon mechanics and cleaned the platforming up a bit? That's one way to start things off, I guess. What are the different weapons you can equip anyway?

Depends on the character. For example Enric only has the 3 - sword, axe, morning star. Some characters like Maya can dual wield which I believe has a slightly special control scheme to allow use of the offhand weapon. I'm not sure if all characters have different weapons. For Enric I think the sword is the easiest just due to the reach and the damaging portion of the hit box, but honestly I haven't messed around too much with the additional weapons or other characters.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

rojogames posted:

Depends on the character. For example Enric only has the 3 - sword, axe, morning star. Some characters like Maya can dual wield which I believe has a slightly special control scheme to allow use of the offhand weapon. I'm not sure if all characters have different weapons. For Enric I think the sword is the easiest just due to the reach and the damaging portion of the hit box, but honestly I haven't messed around too much with the additional weapons or other characters.

Oh right, dual wielding.

I think you either need to double-tap the direction of the weapon you intend to move via VSIM, or you program in the animation suite for custom attacks that you can play at the press of a button.

Leximancer
Oct 24, 2010
Limb from Limb struck me as just a tedious slog when I started it, with that first level being a something like a Megaman boss arena. It's not to say it's not more exciting later (it certainly gains some tension), but the first campaign had a dungeon crawl feel going on, while this feels more "arcadey".

One thing I really have enjoyed about this playthrough is the steady Cuss Pack use -- I always played without it, and it's definitely a completely different feel.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Episode 2 - Should Have Brought a Pair of Boots is now up for the Limb From Limb xpac.

We briefly go over the story behind the adventure as we enter the domain of a familiar face from the original quest. From what I read after a bit of searching it seems that this quest takes place a little while after the first one. Maya has been having some nightmares and there's talk of an "Evil Queen Maya" spreading around. Of course she has to investigate to sort it all out. That means canonically speaking this is Maya's quest, but it seems like Enric has his own stuff to say about it too.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Jeez, those weevils sound unfun and unfair.

I take it there's no way to prevent that first kobold from staying hostile to you if you manage to slay the first weevil without hitting the blue bugger?

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Dinictus posted:

Jeez, those weevils sound unfun and unfair.

I take it there's no way to prevent that first kobold from staying hostile to you if you manage to slay the first weevil without hitting the blue bugger?

It seems not, sadly. He'll let you fight the bug by yourself unless you get too close, but after that he came after me when I was going through the level the first time.

As for the bugs themselves, the amount they throw at you is a little obnoxious. I guess a better player wouldn't have quite as much trouble since they have low HP, but they're pretty punishing if you get surrounded or make a mistake.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Episode 3 - I'll Have to Rinse Off After This One is now up for the Limb From Limb xpac.

If you didn't think there were enough critters in the last level, you're in for a treat. Also, we get to call in a little help for once.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Just a heads up - episode 4 will probly be late this week. Ran into a bit of a snag that I'm trying to get sorted out. Sorry about that.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Episode 4 - There Ain't poo poo Here is now up for the Limb From Limb xpac.

We trade bugs for dwarves and, well...more bugs!

Apologies for the delay. I missed an objective somewhere and was trying to figure it out, but didn't get a chance to record until later in the week. If anybody knows what I missed let me know and I'll try to make a video for it at some point!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Episode 5 - Time for Some Nut Boxin' is now up for the Limb From Limb xpac.

Things heat up as we navigate a river of lava and do battle with some familiar enemies!

Once again, sorry about the delay. I've been super under the weather recently.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
The next episode should be out on Tuesday this week.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

- "This is going well"
*flies off across the room*

It seems like cutting off limbs were a major selling point/gimmick of the game, but it also feels like that the characters' limbs have way too much HP for cutting off limbs to be a proper strategy most of the time.

Also, that lockpick line killed me. :allears:

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
Episode 6 - Playtime's Over is now up for the Limb From Limb xpac.

At long last we reach the Evil Queen's castle! We must exercise all of our skill and cunning to survive. That or just sweep the leg.

This is the final episode of the Limb From Limb xpac. I definitely think the original quest was better, but I enjoyed this none the less. Hope you guys did as well!

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

HardDisk posted:

It seems like cutting off limbs were a major selling point/gimmick of the game, but it also feels like that the characters' limbs have way too much HP for cutting off limbs to be a proper strategy most of the time.

Yeah, though to be fair it may just be that I'm not super great at the game and / or the fact that we're playing on the hardest difficulty. Still, the final episode has plenty of limb chopping action so hopefully that makes up for some shortcomings elsewhere!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Enjoyed this a lot! Thank you for putting up with the crashes. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Unusual level of fidelity this game went for, modeling the direction of the sword and where it impacts. For some reason I remember this getting attempted a lot in the early days of 3D, but it never seems to have worked out well.

• Locked thread