Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

im friendly with the powder gangers except one guy whostarted attacking me when i tried walking by, so i reloaded the save and when i walked further away from him he collapsed in a heap with all his body parts rolling away, then id get closer and he'd put himself back together again, he was cool

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the 360 versions my roomie have aren't goty, so they don't have any expansions, which means i won't be playing either of these games. however, watching that alien video reminds me of every time i would go into VATS, select my shots, and then watch as my guy ran in the opposite direction of the target in slow-mo for 2 whole minutes while the game tried to figure out how to execute my request as the enemies came up behind me and chipped away at my health

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had no idea until today that if you look to the right, there's a console for the rocket ghouls quest, and you can either fix it or sabotage it even harder. I thought the rockets crashing horribly was supposed to be black comedy or something.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Larry Parrish posted:

I had no idea until today that if you look to the right, there's a console for the rocket ghouls quest, and you can either fix it or sabotage it even harder. I thought the rockets crashing horribly was supposed to be black comedy or something.

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

there's a special low intelligence option for it iirc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

there's a special low intelligence option for it iirc

Lol yah, you pound on the keyboard like an ape and save them I think. Low INT was a cool 2nd run but I never finished it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i like the high luck option in that one legion quest where you have to save caesar

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
if i end up buying the goty edition for cheap then i think i might do high luck / pistols / explosives / lockpick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i like the high luck option in that one legion quest where you have to save caesar

That was my favorite moment in the game , because I had high enough medical or whatever it was to go in to the surgery and kill him + make it look like an accident so i became the de facto leader of Legion

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

That was my favorite moment in the game , because I had high enough medical or whatever it was to go in to the surgery and kill him + make it look like an accident so i became the de facto leader of Legion

lmao that loving rules. i need to finish my legion playthrough

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's amazing how much better skill checks are in NV compared to 3. i would say most quests have at least some cool bonus content for high speech / luck / int / cha / science or w/e. there are funny screenshots of how that plays out in 3, but i don't feel like finding them

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I hope they keep the system that's in New Vegas, where you have to meet a flat number to succeed at a skill check rather than that percent-chance crap.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think percent chance is nice in some cases, but it really sucks in others, especially for important stuff.

Also, I think Hardcore mode being on breaks Honest Hearts. Are you supposed to step into Zion and have the entire party get brutally massacred, and then you explode the unique tribal or whatever at the other end of the bridge. Because I got two automatic quest fails and now I'm lost lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

percent chance is dumb because you can just make a save and reload if it fails with no penalty and keep doing it until you get a pass. tiered skill checks are 100% better

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'm going to install new vegas. but, i don't have the final dlc, where you stop a nuke from launching or something. well, i don't care. let's game.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

I think percent chance is nice in some cases, but it really sucks in others, especially for important stuff.

Also, I think Hardcore mode being on breaks Honest Hearts. Are you supposed to step into Zion and have the entire party get brutally massacred, and then you explode the unique tribal or whatever at the other end of the bridge. Because I got two automatic quest fails and now I'm lost lol.

They're supposed to die, but you weren't supposed to shoot one of those tribals. After you get across the bridge, do not shoot anybody. There's a scripted scene where a good tribal kills one of the bad tribals and initiates conversation with you.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

SunAndSpring posted:

They're supposed to die, but you weren't supposed to shoot one of those tribals. After you get across the bridge, do not shoot anybody. There's a scripted scene where a good tribal kills one of the bad tribals and initiates conversation with you.

Actually you can save them and they decide to get the h*eck out of there, but thank you for your efforts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

percent chance is dumb because you can just make a save and reload if it fails with no penalty and keep doing it until you get a pass. tiered skill checks are 100% better

Yeah. % pass is designed to be exploitable and make no option off limits which is stupid

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its poorly thought out in many ways

success is (almost?) always a better result, so its like a giant flag telling the player to pick it, discouraging them from picking other choices

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Godamn fail rear end bethesda are makign a new Fallot...goddamn that makes me so mad. I freaking HATE bethesda :argh: For totally unrelated reasons I really feel like playing Fallout New Vegas Haha. I'm probably not going to play fallout 4 ever. loving bethesda bullshit rear end retards making lovingly crafted worlds limited only by my imagination. I do NOT wamnt to get lost in your expansive videogame experience for a few months and then post online for years about how I hated it.

I'd love to but the game crashes about once every 7 minutes and corrupts my saves randomly. It's been out for almost 10 years and these basic issues from launch still persist. I'm glad J Sawyers family had to cancel Christmas because this game failed to meet its required meta critic score but it still doesn't feel like enough.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

its poorly thought out in many ways

success is (almost?) always a better result, so its like a giant flag telling the player to pick it, discouraging them from picking other choices

A cool option to bring back from FO1/2 is when you cant see the dialogue choices without the skill/stat being at the right level, and it's up to you to find them. There's a loving lot of semi-hidden checks in the game like that. I'm not sure I like how NV is like 'yo there's a survival option here but you're 10/90 for it lmao!!!'

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
When does the Simulplay start?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sir AIDS posted:

When does the Simulplay start?

I;m in Nipton

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I've got to Novac and completed the quest to help the ghouls go to space and killed everyone at Camp Forlorn Hope with my Heavily Modded Power Fist. I punched one guy so hard he disappeared from existence. Like, literally, he was there and then I loving punched him and then he warped out of the game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The shotgun fist is one of my favorite things in video games

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Woah woah.. before we all go rushing off into the Mojave, how about we talk mod recs? For my first play through I think I just used Nevada Skies.. is there a nicely curated list somewhere.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm just using jsawyer and some light graphical mods. i'll check my loadout when i get home

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

are there any radio mods that aren't aids as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Woah woah.. before we all go rushing off into the Mojave, how about we talk mod recs? For my first play through I think I just used Nevada Skies.. is there a nicely curated list somewhere.

I'm currently using 0 mods. I have recruited Boone and im going to go blow up all of the ghouls.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Based Boone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Based Boone

Hes so sick, and now i never have to worry about combat again.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really wish I could reinstall from the disc

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm going to do a complete playthrough and all of the companion quests. Raul is my favourite.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

can i post about fallout 3 in this thread?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Frog Act posted:

can i post about fallout 3 in this thread?

I can confidently answer for the OP here. No you may loving not.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I can confidently answer for the OP here. No you may loving not.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

:yikes:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
this game wont let me play kbm because i havbe a controller plugged in... but if i unplug it i bluescreen... help

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot you have to actively sabotage the Ghouls for their ships to fail, it doesnt always happen. Well I saved them, I hope they enjoy the journey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i've never killed the ghouls and i never want to. i hope they do well up in space

• Locked thread