Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

TheAbominableSnow posted:

Oh boy. Here, let your mind extrapolate from these images:

The 'crinkle' ribbons on the badges are a babyfur thing that refers to the sounds a diaper makes. Basically, the con made the mistake of being perceived as babyfur-friendly, which lead to tons of babyfurs very publicly posting about what they were doing/going to do at the convention, and essentially getting so gung ho about it that they lost any semblance of decency and led to the con being kicked out of their hotel. There was apparently liquid poo poo in the hotel hot tub at one point because of diaper-wearing bathers. The con sent out an email (which is floating around somewhere) that basically said that the levels of vandalism and sexually explicit acts the hotel experienced during the furcon were off the charts compared to all the other events the venue hosted, and that they were not allowed to return next year. It was basically fetishcon 2015.

Even regular furries are usually really grossed out by those types of people, if it makes anyone feel any better. Mostly everyone who was posting about it was super pissed off about the gross people ruining everyone else's good time.

:stonklol:

at some point this crosses the line from gross to bizarre public entertainment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Midjack posted:

I would like to know about the furry security agency MI:3 that you mentioned earlier.

This is something that grew out of a subsection of the fandom that works security as volunteers at conventions. I was involved with it somewhat myself back when it was first starting (I work in the security industry and have a great deal of experience in management, leadership and organisation of security work, one of the reasons I ended up organising the Londonfurs). On the one hand, it's an organisation that promotes training and organisation for convention security- given the unique needs and issues within the fandom this is not in itself a bad thing.

However it very rapidly became a way for a (mostly German) clique to end up controlling security at pretty much every major European convention, and included a very large level of what they would no doubt call 'intelligence sharing' but most people would consider 'ostracism' or 'bullying'. It also had a very negative effect on the way security at cons operates.

A bit of background; for the longest time security at most British furry events was organised by a few volunteers- I'll use furry nicknames as it's all a matter of public record. Codewolf, Crimson and myself were probably the biggest names on that side of things up until about 2012 or so, and in general things were good. Security operated by consent and good nature, people were treated like adults and while there were incidents that needed a sterner response, in general things were very much kept non-authoritarian. Which I always felt was in keeping with what 'values' for better or worse that the fandom represented to those inside it.

This started to change as UK events became larger and attracted more international guests (it may have always been the other way on the continent- my first mainland event was Eurofurence 2011, so quite late in my furry experience). Dhary Montecore, the German animal-rapist of whom I have spoken previously, was one of (if not the) main proponent of a shift to a far more authoritarian and less customer service focussed role, which Codewolf as the unofficial leader of the British security detachment seemed to embrace. Now, I worked with Code a lot at various events, and as furries go he's actually a really sound guy and extremely professional and experienced- he's someone who i did and still so respect and think highly of, thoughI do wonder how he feels now about how things have turned out. Suddenly security became full of nerds on power-trips, puffed up with their own self-importance and the power a pair of black combats and a 'security' volunteer badge seemed to give them. As I said, I've worked in the security industry for many years (admittedly with a focus on corporate and religious based jobs rather than events/hospitality); Code worked (and afaik still does) as a professional doorman in some lovely places. Out of all the rest, I doubt 10% had any practical experience outside of furry volunteering, and the levels of professionalism were simply non-existent. That's not to say that they don't take the job seriously, but it's almost hilarious in retrospect how badly it's all handled.

An example- I've alluded to this before in the thread I believe in fact. At Eurofurence 17 I was working security with Code and a few other English volunteers beneath this Dhary fellow and with a large number of unqualified German nerds-in-combats. On the last night of the con there was a genuine security incident during the 'dead dog party' (that is, the shutdown party at the end of the con- not sure if that's just a furry term or common to other subcultures). The lady who I'd shortly after end up dating was being actively stalked by a German dude; this had been reported and flagged up multiple times. Anyway, he became even more insistent, following her all around the hotel and basically trying to get her alone. She was desperately trying to find a security guy to help out... Except every single volunteer was in a mandatory 3 hour meeting which mostly consisted of fat nerds arguing that this con /needed/ metal detectors and armed guards, etc etc. The disconnect between how they saw themselves and their role and reality was quite simply both staggering and hilarious.

Effectively MI:3 was said kraut horsefucker leveraging this bloc of the fandom for some measure of personal power and celebrity within the fandom. And a lot of furries lapped this up. There's a happy ending though- as of this summer he and his organisation have reportedly been removed as head of security from the largest British convention due a vote of no confidence, together with the entirety of the British volunteer team at EF apparently quitting in anger at how grossly he mismanaged this summer's convention.

If it sounds like I'm bitter here.. Well first look at the thread title. ;p But in seriousness there are very few people from my time I furry who I hate on a personal level- a lot of people I pity or find hilarious, for sure, but nobody who I would happily watch die in agony like this dude. He managed to make the entire UK con scene take a very negative swing in direction, is one of the major reasons I first started to become disillusioned with something that for better or worse that I loved, and he has a retarded haircut. Oh, and rapes animals too.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Camrath posted:

said kraut horsefucker

Kraut horsefucker is the best insult I have heard on these forums since trapezoidal mouthed dollfucker

Stupid_Punk
Dec 1, 2002

Forum DJ and Musician

blowfish posted:

:stonklol:

at some point this crosses the line from gross to bizarre public entertainment

Well well, I guess Pittsburgh is no exception. I went with my friends to go bowling with their kids last Saturday and lo and behold, guess who all shows up. (Guess I have bad luck?) the local furry group. Boy were they loud and boisterous. My friend's kids (11 and 8) tried to go take photos with them, they all ignored them, except one of them. I notice the only one, who was very happy to take photos and even talked to me. I found out his name was rc fox. But during the the discussion, I overheard a few comments from their group that I didn't appreciate, some of them were discussing using their sexual toys out loud and one of them named goku (guess they have a thing for dragon ball Z?) was quite rude towards people.

After the interview, I noticed rc fox take his head off and shake his head and then stormed out. The rest of them just made the evening seem quite awful for the alley. Some of them were drawing adult art as my friend noticed when he went to gather his kids up.

Guess they have no other place to go?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
It's never too late to talk about how we don't want kids around furries.

Just sayin

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Carry a can of silly string at all times to ward off unexpected fursuiters

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Or a hammer...

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
When a furry gets a new suit, what happens to the old one?

Do they sell them? Keep them in the closet?

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Deified Data posted:

When a furry gets a new suit, what happens to the old one?

Do they sell them? Keep them in the closet?

Depends on the furry; most people will rotate their suit collection throughout a con or what have you. You do see suits getting sold on second-hand but frankly there's a huge level of caveat emptor involved with that. My gf has four suits taking up space in her workshop at the moment; she'll probably sell at least a couple but one becomes very attached to a character (and that character so identified with you) that getting rid isn't so easy, even after leaving the fandom.

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

Stupid_Punk posted:

Well well, I guess Pittsburgh is no exception.

Guess they have no other place to go?

Well I suppose some people can't manage to function normally around people, especially children. I suppose that prancing around in a furry suit of an anthropomorphic fox in public is mutually exclusive with functioning like a normal grown-up.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Camrath posted:

Depends on the furry; most people will rotate their suit collection throughout a con or what have you. You do see suits getting sold on second-hand but frankly there's a huge level of caveat emptor involved with that. My gf has four suits taking up space in her workshop at the moment; she'll probably sell at least a couple but one becomes very attached to a character (and that character so identified with you) that getting rid isn't so easy, even after leaving the fandom.

What's the percentage of furries that stick with one "character" for life versus those that have multiple personas?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Do Bad Dragon products have a specific set of mounting hardware or is there such a thing as a universal fuckwand mounting kit?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i think there's a pending ISO standard for dragon donger mounts, actually

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Deified Data posted:

What's the percentage of furries that stick with one "character" for life versus those that have multiple personas?

Couldn't give you hard figures, but one thing you'll often see is a furry with a primary fursona- that is the name/alter ego that they go by within the fandom- but multiple different suits of various characters.

And I have no idea about the various options on Bad Dragon items, for which I am eternally grateful.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

My Man Shran posted:

Do Bad Dragon products have a specific set of mounting hardware or is there such a thing as a universal fuckwand mounting kit?

I don't know anything specific about bad dragon products, but mainstream sex shops make strap-on harnesses that can hold dildos of most shapes and sizes if that's what you mean. They make coke can shaped dildos that are harness compatible so I bet some pervert's horsedong would be fine in a good quality one.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Deified Data posted:

You'll have one character but multiple variations of it. For example, someone might take their character's personality and colour scheme and map it to a horse because they decided to join a roleplay group about my little pony or something. A lot of characters will also have some sort of bullshit explanation, like they're shapeshifters, so they can get around making a new one. The ones with multiple personas usually are the kind who just make characters and dress up like them rather than making characters based off them.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Weldon Pemberton posted:

I don't know anything specific about bad dragon products, but mainstream sex shops make strap-on harnesses that can hold dildos of most shapes and sizes if that's what you mean. They make coke can shaped dildos that are harness compatible so I bet some pervert's horsedong would be fine in a good quality one.

How does this work do they have a 3-jaw chuck or something?

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
You said you attended a few American furry meets less than a decade later than I did. Did you run across Riff Raff and Big Dog? I am trying to find pictures of these people. edited I suck at accurately linking things

Haskell9 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 27, 2016

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Latest furry hilarity.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/TonyTigerGate?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Long story short, furries start sending lewd poo poo to the official Tony the Tiger (from Kellog's Frosties) twitter account. Which then blocks a whole swathe of furries, including many who never tweeted anything. Massive drama results.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

To be fair, a lot of them seem to be castigating the rest for being so drat socially inept

e: a lot more seem convinced that this is some sort of betrayal on the cereal mascot's part.
And then there's this one guy who seems convinced that because of Zootopia furries are now mainstream and Tony should get on with the times or be left behind.

Luckily someone embraced those refugees with open arms

I don't know what to think of all this.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 29, 2016

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

paradoxGentleman posted:

To be fair, a lot of them seem to be castigating the rest for being so drat socially inept

e: a lot more seem convinced that this is some sort of betrayal on the cereal mascot's part.
And then there's this one guy who seems convinced that because of Zootopia furries are now mainstream and Tony should get on with the times or be left behind.

Luckily someone embraced those refugees with open arms

I don't know what to think of all this.

Dammit. I liked Cheetos.

Seriously though. This world is just getting too loving weird for me now. You have corporate mascots bantering with carpet-wearing pederasts on the internet.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I want to be the social media expert running the Chester Cheetah account right now.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
So I'm guessing that's a no then, Camrath. Time to PM Doodles.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Xenocides posted:

I want to be the social media expert running the Chester Cheetah account right now.

I don't, because this is going to backfire hard.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
My guess is the person posting the tweet is a furry. They've probably outsourced their social media to a PR firm, who hired some intern to run relatively unimportant accounts like this one. This particular account is especially undesirable since you're selling junk food to kids, and childhood obesity is a major thing. So they give it to the one guy who volunteers for some reason, and this is the result. It will be interesting if someone higher up Googles the terms in that tweet.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

TheAbominableSnow posted:

The 'crinkle' ribbons on the badges are a babyfur thing that refers to the sounds a diaper makes. Basically, the con made the mistake of being perceived as babyfur-friendly, which lead to tons of babyfurs very publicly posting about what they were doing/going to do at the convention, and essentially getting so gung ho about it that they lost any semblance of decency and led to the con being kicked out of their hotel. There was apparently liquid poo poo in the hotel hot tub at one point because of diaper-wearing bathers. The con sent out an email (which is floating around somewhere) that basically said that the levels of vandalism and sexually explicit acts the hotel experienced during the furcon were off the charts compared to all the other events the venue hosted, and that they were not allowed to return next year. It was basically fetishcon 2015.

Even regular furries are usually really grossed out by those types of people, if it makes anyone feel any better. Mostly everyone who was posting about it was super pissed off about the gross people ruining everyone else's good time.

That reminds me: Years ago, someone had posted about their experience working at a hotel which hosted a furry convention. Their behavior was roughly as bad: things like harassing non-furry guests, tossing used diapers wherever, publicly relieving themselves, and probably other things I don't remember.

The guy who let the furries book their convention (who had signed a three-year contract, though I can't imagine how behavior this horrible wouldn't be an excuse to cancel) got fired.

paradoxGentleman posted:

"Get with the times"? When did it become socially acceptable to send dick pics to a family-friendly business?

Speaking of Zootopia, I wonder what will happen when the movie is actually released.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax
Did any interesting news come out of that furry convention that was at the same hotel as that fighting game tournament?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Did any interesting news come out of that furry convention that was at the same hotel as that fighting game tournament?

The furries played anime games in the parking lot.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Haskell9 posted:

So I'm guessing that's a no then, Camrath. Time to PM Doodles.

Sorry, deeper and missed your question. But no, have no idea who those people are.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Furries have been slowly getting more self-aware and self-policing over the years, but it's too little far too late.

And I've seen the tweet you were talking about, I'm pretty sure he was calling Tony the tiger old news because all of the furries have been creepin' up on Zootopia for the past while or so.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Kobold eBooks posted:

Furries have been slowly getting more self-aware and self-policing over the years, but it's too little far too late.

Eh, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. It would take ages in Internet time to make people forget some of the bad stuff they've done, but I still appreciate trying to better their community.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

paradoxGentleman posted:

Eh, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. It would take ages in Internet time to make people forget some of the bad stuff they've done, but I still appreciate trying to better their community.

I like to think of it as the furry community just getting older and maturing like we all do and start to shun the 30-somethings that think sending dirty diaper pics to Tony the Tiger is appropriate and making sure the 20-somethings getting into the scene don't make the same mistakes they did.

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
Theres going to be a furry sitcom of a dramatic household of over-the-top fursuiters in 10 years, I just know it.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Imapanda posted:

Theres going to be a furry sitcom of a dramatic household of over-the-top fursuiters in 10 years, I just know it.

Such things have existed in the real world since the 90s, the thing is- most furries once you strip away the perversities and hilarities of the fandom are actually pretty boring people.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

RNG fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 1, 2016

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Camrath posted:

Dammit. I liked Cheetos.

Seriously though. This world is just getting too loving weird for me now. You have corporate mascots bantering with carpet-wearing pederasts on the internet.

Goddamn is this ever the time to bring back Joe Camel

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
So I gotta ask, and I admit I haven't read the full thread, but have you noticed any weird political trends among the furry community?

Like you mentioned Nazis and how some prominent furs are into bestiality, but like, are Nazis common? More common? Racists? Sexists? ECT?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Cockmaster posted:

That reminds me: Years ago, someone had posted about their experience working at a hotel which hosted a furry convention. Their behavior was roughly as bad: things like harassing non-furry guests, tossing used diapers wherever, publicly relieving themselves, and probably other things I don't remember.

The guy who let the furries book their convention (who had signed a three-year contract, though I can't imagine how behavior this horrible wouldn't be an excuse to cancel) got fired.

"Get with the times"? When did it become socially acceptable to send dick pics to a family-friendly business?

Speaking of Zootopia, I wonder what will happen when the movie is actually released.

Really late to the chat, but I was a cook at a large hotel & conference center and the year we booked both a furry gathering and an anime convention and it owned because of the flood of the complaints. Not from the hotel staff or anything, but from the guests. The gatherings usually rolled into Sunday, which is the biggest day for the hotel, mostly for the brunches. It's where we'd put our best foot out and serve our best food and do up the restaurant really beautifully. The clientele were mostly people who just got out of church and were still in dress clothes drinking their free mimosas and choking down poached eggs. I hated it because it required me to put in long hours both Saturday and Sunday (typically up to about 25 hours altogether with no breaks).

One year when an old woman who didn't know what furries were was on hostess duty because she thought they were sports mascots and thought it would be cute to let them in. That day was worth the laughs when I'd see the new intern at the carving station having to figure out what a guy in a massive red fox costume was asking for using only hand motions or a big purple bear trying desperately to accurately spoon foyot onto his poached salmon while some 70 year-old man waiting behind him gave him the dirtiest look. I went to check out the restaurant to spot a head count, and a few of them asked if I made any of the food and complimented me and asked for a picture and if I said I didn't want to ask one of them for their suit's mask and wear it with my chef coat and hat for that picture I'd be lying through my teeth. I decided it was better for me to decline.

Eventually the hotel had to say "dress code" after enough people complained about being forced to share a buffet line with several Narutos during the yearly anime convention.

Cam or anyone who knows: if you're still reading this thread, do you know a rough price range of how much a fur will typically have to pay out to have a single page of commissioned art (of decent quality) done for them? There was a Goon artist on the Mumble who said she occasionally did pieces and claimed that they paid a lot for them but I forgot to ask how much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lithium flour
Jan 27, 2012

a fully digital ovine
So did they take off the heads to eat, or push the food in a hole somewhere?

• Locked thread