Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dean Ambrose doing his Terry Funk and Dusty Rhodes impressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvKl1vQn2M0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Germ Incubator posted:

I just screamed NOOO! at my screen :(

Didn't she can that angle after Dusty went off-script in a promo with her?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

dsriggs posted:

She did give him into trouble for going off script, irony being that the bits he went off script with were the most over parts of the angle.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

dsriggs posted:

Considering she looks 12 in that photo, I think that might be a different angle.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lots of fans online seem to be hoping that this will be the end of the Stardust character.

Summer Rae was always Dusty's favourite she hasn't posted anything on social media yet.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Nth'ing "That's hard times, daddeh" :smith:

RIP Dream

Wonder how they'll pay tribute to him. I'd imagine the truck monkeys are hard at work for Smackdown tonight, with a video package and a win for Stardust on Monday?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

She did give him into trouble for going off script, irony being that the bits he went off script with were the most over parts of the angle.

That's because Dusty is one of the most natural promos in wrestling history. There's an incredible bit in the view never changes promo, where after him and Dustin clean house, Dusty grabs the mic and puts his hand up to request silence. He instantly gets it.

That, my friends, is presence and respect.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I was at Battleground 2013 and drat if the Rhodes' vs. the Shield wasn't the match of the night by far. (Not that that's saying much with that show.) Awesome moment for a legendary dude.

RIP

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I was at Battleground 2013 and drat if the Rhodes' vs. the Shield wasn't the match of the night by far. (Not that that's saying much with that show.) Awesome moment for a legendary dude.

RIP

That's a legit great match, those teams worked well together and angle was good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

RIP

I will always insist that Shield/Rhodes' was the rightful main event, and had it been the main event Battleground 2013 would be remembered as a fantastic show instead of a terrible one.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Dusty nooooo.

I'm waiting for the announcer to reverse this. I won't stop tearing up till then

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

kidcoelacanth posted:

RIP

Someone said that this match will be remembered 20-30 years from now for having such a great storyline like Savage-Warrior, and I have to agree

Great match

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kevin Owens's tribute:
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1smkk8r

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

rovert posted:

Lots of fans online seem to be hoping that this will be the end of the Stardust character.

Summer Rae was always Dusty's favourite she hasn't posted anything on social media yet.

If Stardust stays the same and uses Dusty's death for heat, it's not gonna go over well.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

69 is a really decent lifespan (especially for a wrestler, which is depressing to say) but man, he made such a huge impact that he'll never be forgotten at least.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

If Stardust stays the same and uses Dusty's death for heat, it's not gonna go over well.

This is going to be the "remember who you are" angle of the century.

I feel like Dusty would be ok with that.

But mostly I feel like Billy feels:

Sigma fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 11, 2015

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sigma posted:

This is going to be the "remember who you are" angle of the century.

I feel like Dusty would be ok with that.

Dusty would laugh and write it himself, so yeah. He'd be giddy about that poo poo. And if anybody CAN play it up, it's definitely Cody. Whether or not he should should be up to the family and I hope it is.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Dusty would laugh and write it himself, so yeah. He'd be giddy about that poo poo. And if anybody CAN play it up, it's definitely Cody. Whether or not he should should be up to the family and I hope it is.

If he does, at least let it be as Cody Rhodes and not Stardust.

Or better yet, Heel Goldust and face Cody.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Dusty's last contribution to WWE was one more Dusty Finish he snuck in to the WWE Championship match at Elimination Chamber.

Crafty weasel. Amazing man on commentary, and I'm glad he was chosen to mold the future in NXT.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I can't believe nobody picked up on my hints.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Three of my favorite people gone in a single day and I think this one hurts the most.

I'm gonna go home and listen to Skies of America on repeat with some Dusty matches playing on mute.

RIP

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011
Brutal news. He was pure butter on the mic by personality alone. We'll always have hard times that end in dusty finishes :unsmith: Thanks for that, Dream.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sprecherscrow posted:

Christopher Lee, Ornette Coleman, and Dusty Rhodes all die on the same day. What the hell world?
Lee died on Sunday and they just announced it today, but your point stands.

Today is hard times, daddeh. It's hard times :(

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SylvainMustach posted:

Three of my favorite people gone in a single day and I think this one hurts the most.

I'm gonna go home and listen to Skies of America on repeat with some Dusty matches playing on mute.

RIP

Who is the 3rd favorite person? (Guessing Christopher Lee is one of the two).

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
He gave us the best moment in wrestling. This will be remembered 100 years from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5oMiqJRVqs

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Digital Jedi posted:

Who is the 3rd favorite person? (Guessing Christopher Lee is one of the two).

Ornette Coleman. Skies of America is one of my favorite albums. It's a good place to start for anyone new to Coleman. Or you could dive in head first with Change of the Century or the Shape of Jazz to Come.

And yeah, Lee is the other one. :smith:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

astrollinthepork posted:

He gave us the best moment in wrestling. This will be remembered 100 years from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5oMiqJRVqs

The only thing funnier than watching the shockmaster entrance is hearing Dusty talk about it. RIP you dream.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I don't really care about jazz and Lee was like 93 but they took you too soon Dusteh :(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A tough day today. Gonna miss ya, Dusty.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

AsInHowe posted:

Don't worry. Dusty Rhodes will be ruled alive tomorrow, when it is determined that today's coroner was not the legal coroner.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SylvainMustach posted:

Ornette Coleman. Skies of America is one of my favorite albums. It's a good place to start for anyone new to Coleman. Or you could dive in head first with Change of the Century or the Shape of Jazz to Come.

And yeah, Lee is the other one. :smith:

I played in jazz band all during high school and fell in love with jazz then. I'll have to listen to Skies of America and some of his other stuff.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Muddy Burphy posted:

I can't believe nobody picked up on my hints.

Thanks for getting a laugh out of me in a Dusty Rhodes is Dead thread. :)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He got a bicycle from somebody. Who be riding a bicycle in this arena?

I wish I could find the "Nick Patrick just hitchin his drawers up" match.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I named myself after him on the forums. Which was great since I only posted in LF and WH2K pretty much.

I rarely saw WCW until nitro started so my favorite Dusty Rhodes memory was the vignettes before he debuted in WWF in like 89. I was only 5 at the time and just started watching wrestling but he had the perfect charisma to hook in a 5 year old.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He was fat and now he's dead. A warning to goons.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
The only way I can accept his death is if it was caused by Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I came here to post dumb stuff about wrestling and now I'm sad. Gonna miss that racist old weird as hell dude.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wish I could find it, but one of my favorite promos of his was win he was feuding with Ted Dibiase. Sapphire had already left him, and Dusty turns up on the Brother Love show, decked out in a poncho, chaps, and a top hat that has a chicken foot(?) at the brim. Also, everything was black with red polkadots. He talks about that kinds of things Ted Dibiase must believe in, before going on what "The America Dream" believes in. It was awesome stuff.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Gonna miss that racist old weird as hell dude.

:iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I came here to post dumb stuff about wrestling and now I'm sad. Gonna miss that racist old weird as hell dude.

Jim Ross died???

• Locked thread