Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): Amnistar, CapitalistPig, Chili, imgay, Kleedrac, Look Under The Rock, mr.capps, Puntification, Somberbrero, Tremendous Taste, uranus, Winged Orpheus, yuming

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 18th, 2015 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 3 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

PMs are out and the game has begun. let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

I'm very concerned we're going to hang derp before he finishes writing stories about all of us.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What a blow to science

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
This is not what I was told my investment finds were going towards. Someone should close the portal.

Also, writer man. I would like a story please. Something light and entertaining I can show off to my friends. I will pay you quite handsomely.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

uranus posted:

what kind of person are you?

I am a radical mental health activist.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Look Under The Rock posted:

I am a radical mental health activist.

bazoigna

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

imgay posted:

bazoigna

nah just kidding my role name is psychiatrist but I'm mentally modifying my flavor because I don't believe in magical brain pills wooooo

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a intellectual rival to Polton Williams. I also would like everyone to nominate me for anything that happens event wise because it would be cool.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

editor's note: confirmed.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Confirmed :sun:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
"MEDS CURE SCHIZOS!" the megaphone crackled with distortion as byron hicks howled his passionate beliefs at the clinic. Why wouldn't they listen? the truth was so clear. all it took to cure the dozens of lunatics stored in that place was a couple pills, but the drat liberals and their 'human rights' were always finding ways to give the nutters ways out of taking their meds. it was up to him to get the poor souls cured. well tonight he'd show them.

under the cover of night and his black ski mask byron dodged across the manicured lawn to the window he'd chosen because it was hidden by trees. he shatered it with his elbow and lifted the latch. once inside he hurried down the hall past locked doors to the one he needed. number 6. he opened the door.

'byron why are you here?"

'i'm here to cure you, because there is a cure, no matter what 'they' say. ' he pulled the bottle he'd brought out of his pocket and approached the frazzled, scrawny woman sitting by the window. she looked at him with the same brown eyes his mother'd had. 'i've got the cure right here little sis' he said, twisting the cap off.

'am i sick?'

'yeah, havent they told you? thats why you're here?' byron thumbed out a handfull of pills and held out his palm. 'eat them.'

she took them in her thin, quavering hand and put them in her mouth, chewing them like candy. 'tastes bitter.''

'yeah' byron scooped out another handful of the pills and popped them into his mouth. the scratched his throat as he swallowed them all.

'you're sick too?'

'yeah.' he saw her lids drooping and her head swaying as his own vision greyed. 'yeah i am.'

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
okay who are you kleenex man

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

uranus posted:

okay who are you kleenex man

I'm a Parapsychologist! :)

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Look Under The Rock posted:

nah just kidding my role name is psychiatrist but I'm mentally modifying my flavor because I don't believe in magical brain pills wooooo

Pills don't work as well as spells ;)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kleedrac posted:

Pills don't work as well as spells ;)

But I've got this amazing new drug called Chlorpromazine! We use it on the criminally insane, it is as effective as a lobotomy!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Apparently, yer lot are a bunch av fancy arse smart people. Naw matter, I'll sort yer al' oyt an' fend de pukes among yer.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
"are you ah... picking up anything?" the director of the G. Hastly clinic wrung his hands and tried not to sweat as he watched the strange doctor, or ghost whisperer, or whatever he was, pace purposefully around the room.

"You say there were two?" said dr freeman. "I am sensing many more, many many more."

"well, this is a very old building, i suppose there could have been-"

"what were their names?"

"Byron and emily hicks."

Freeman stopped and closed his eyes, spreading his arms out like wings. he'd been to many a crime scene, and they were always distressing. the rooms always had the clinging, crawly feeling of death hanging in them like a foul smell, but this room had something else on top of that uneasy aura. a presence he'd not felt since... "I'm going to need some time alone," he said, dismissing the director with a flick of his finger. the man nodded, looking relieved to have a way out.

dr freeman sat crosslegged on the floor and dug several items from his tweed jacket pocket. a piece of chalk, a small tumbler of salt, a candle, a small leatherbound book, a razorblade, a bit of string. he glanced at the door, wondering if he should try to barricade it with something. being interupted could be costly. no time, he decided.

he took the salt and poured a circle around himself, then drew several runes along the border of the salt circle. he lit the candle and set it directly in front of him. the heat and light were comforting, the rest of the room seemed to be growing dark despite the open window and daylight outside.

next he took the razorblade and made a small cut in his thumb, letting a drop of his blood fall into the candle. it sizzled and a puff of smoke rose from it.

finally, he took his bloodied thumb and smeared a 'y' and 'n' to either side of the candle. he held up the string in his thumb and forefinger, letting it dangle above the candle, but not so close as to catch fire. "is there someone here with me,' he asked, focusing on the spiritual power within, letting his soul chakra pulse with energy he drew from the runes and the candle.

the string swung to hover over the 'y'.

"are you one of the people who died here last night?"

'n'

"are you someone who died here before then?"

'n'

Freeman furrowed his brow, trying not to lose his concentration. "you died somewhere other than here?"

n'

a chill began to fill freeman's gut. something was not right. his candle flickered and he noticed that he now seemed to be sitting in a void of black, instead of the normal sunlit room of twenty minutes earlier. "you're... you're not dead?" he said, hesitantly.

'y'

"you are here in this room, right now."

'y'

the flame gouted upward, reaching up like a claw from soft earth to light the string ablaze. then the candle blinked out, sending the room to black.

he scrambled to get up, and tripped, falling to his hands and knees. his hand slid across the wood floor, splashing salt outward with a sound like a rainstick.

'no, no,' he'd broken the circle, he had to find his-

a hand gripped his shoulder. then another, his head.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im from rome

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Dohs sure are a lot av words, Uranus. But oi wonder, do you know wot any av dem mean?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Uch, that's enough of that.

Lynch the pseudo-scientist please.

Here's my case:

He warned me not to vaccinate my baby, for fear of "infecting him with autism". I listened and my baby just died of measles.

##vote kleedrac

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Also, I'm sure this

is good, but it's just for funsies right? As in, I can just wait to read it until I'm bored at work, or maybe not at all?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
no one should read my posts ever

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chili be sure to nominate me for science

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

imgay posted:

Chili be sure to nominate me for science

I'll nominate you for anything, but first, can you transfer some water?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only if it will benefit science.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I don't know if it will. I was just laying down a very odd and cryptic breadcrumb.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
It's been a little bit, but that's how you breadcrumb something right everyone?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know, I'm a scientist, so I've also been breadcrumbing.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
##vote LUTR

Go back to Holland.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm in an unconfirmed masonry with uranus

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

uranus posted:

no one should read my posts ever

I'm getting this poo poo on a t-shirt with your "guy-from-hot-tub-time-machine" avatar!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Chili posted:

##vote LUTR

Go back to Holland.

What did I do :(

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Me and uranus are both 3rd party aligned big bang theorists

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i had to double check my pm to make sure that no i am not a mason

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
is chilli a mean guy? i dont remember him being mean

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uranus has a pr that he isn't allowed to acknowledge it, and I have a post restriction that I have to immediately publicly acknowledge it.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
we would make a good mason pair. hypothetically

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im glad your coming around to it, but if you do you'll be a stump after tonight

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

uranus posted:

is chilli a mean guy? i dont remember him being mean

I don't either, and maybe it's a jokevote but it's pretty harsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fyi, why you should nominate me, every time I receive a positive boon, my cloning chamber gets an additional charge and can resurrect one player with it at night.

• Locked thread