Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Is it just gut or did I do something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

your postin

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I'm with you on yuming actually. I'm pretty sure either she or Somber are scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the votes on capps from lutr and yuming were way too quick.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Actually I can see yuming being a bad guy, shes been the scummy version of yuming this game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pig, do you think that you, somber, and myself are all town?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yuming's vote on capps makes sense as i reread her. dunno how i missed her heavy suspicion of capps.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Pig, do you think that you, somber, and myself are all town?

I do not think somber is town.
I'm not sure about specifically why , just gut i guess. He's giving me the willies.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not sure about specifically why , just gut i guess. He's giving me the willies.

can you do me a favor and call it 'somber-fear' or something like that? i could use the validation.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

can you do me a favor and call it 'somber-fear' or something like that? i could use the validation.

Yeah I have mad somber fear right now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this is going to be great for my meta.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

Town Somber is like the most obvious town

The last time I went "I don't think Somber is town" he was not town

Somber in response to you disliking my vote on Capps, you're right, it was a bad vote. I wouldn't have done it if I'd thought he was gonna pick up enough votes to die that quickly. That was a hosed up dunk and I regret having been a part of it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somber, do you think you, pig, and myself are all town?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

Somber, do you think you, pig, and myself are all town?

I keep going back and forth on Pig. I think it's worth listening to the voice of now confirmed town Capps, but I feel like he hasn't been under enough pressure for me to be confident one way or another.

I'm mostly sure you're town but I'm growing increasingly paranoid.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Polton's Revelation, Pt. III
After some debating you decide that it would be in your best interest if Mr. Forrest Bryant examined the books. He picks them up and flips through the pages until something catches his eye and he freezes in place, momentarily fixated. Finally he sets the books down, but he has distant look in his eyes.

Player notified of result.

Final Votecount for Day 2

mr.capps (6): Tremendous Taste, Kleedrac, Look Under The Rock, uranus, CapitalistPig, yuming, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste
Look Under The Rock (1): Tremendous Taste
Kleedrac (1): Amnistar

Not Voting (3): mr.capps, Puntification, Somberbrero

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 20th, 2015 at 11 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 11 hours.

Eldritch Tales, a game of Mafia. Day 3
The night passes quickly and when sun rises, Jacquelyn Wilkins is found dead in the study you all had just left. There were strange perforations on her face where blood had beaded up. Her rosary was clutched tightly in her hands.

quote:

Somberbrero - Jacquelyn Wilkins

You are [Evil-Aligned] and win when you have eliminated all threats to your survival.

It is now day 3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Look Under The Rock (1): Tremendous Taste
Kleedrac (1): Amnistar

Not Voting (6): CapitalistPig, Kleedrac, Look Under The Rock, Puntification, uranus, yuming

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 20th, 2015 at 11 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (8): Amnistar, CapitalistPig, Kleedrac, Look Under The Rock, Puntification, Tremendous Taste, uranus, yuming

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Correction

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:cthulhu: W̟̮̟̥ȩ̥͇̠̪͖ ͖̪̤̹̥͠s̵͕h̬̰̲͇̰̳͢a̫̙l͔l̶̠̤̳̞̻̝̲ ̶ș̳̫̖̹̬ẹ̗̯̩̖͖̣e͈ ̦̱̞̙̰̥̻t͕̠̪̟̺̭̼h̳͈̪a͔̻t̠̩ ̩̮̜̮̣͡a͘t҉̝̤̟̮ͅ ̺̹̭͇͓w̳͉͇̗ͅh̵̜͈͕̮͔̟i͝ch :cthulhu:
̡̘̹̘͕̤d̢̰̻̖o̵̳̠̲͇ͅg̩̥͍̠̭̬̰s̡ ̴̤̦̬hǫ̘̞w̨͓̠l̸͎̼̞̗̘ ͜i̻̻n̲ ̡̤̗̭t͞ẖ̢̪̹̥͉̺e̮͕͝ ̧͈͔̙d̗̙͍̺̜͇a̪̰̰r̢͍̫̳̘͙͙ḱ͚ͅ,͙̫͕̘̻̜
͈a͍n̥̠͖d̨͍̟͎̯̪̝ ̸͙̮̫̲͉th͕͠a̸̞̺͕̘͚͈̪t͏̠̞͕̟̩͇ ͡a̟t͔̖̜̯ ̨̳̠w̷̫̪͈͕̟̤̺h͔̱̘͍̤̘į̯̼͔c͉̫̬̜͈̹h̕ ̗͙̟͎̹̲̘c̰à̦̦̤̦t̤̻̦s̳̙̝̜͖̝̰͟ ̵̥̬̪̪̹̼p̫͓̝̳̻r͕̖ic̯̫̬͙̜k̦͙̼ ̬̹̫̺up̷̞̠̱
͙͖̮̬̺̹͝ţ̘͔̰͉̺̮̦h̖̘̳ḛ̪̩̗͙͙̦i͇̭͚̯̮r̭̝̤̣̣ ͡e̸̺̞a̙ṛ̪̰̖͟ș̢̹̯̞̙ͅ ̥̝̣ͅa̸͎͇͙̱̖̞ͅf̸̬̣̘̺̳͖t̖e̴̮̹̭͇̟r̮̹͉̭ ͕̭͉̣m͈̪͖͕͕̖i͍d̵̮̱n̴i҉̼̼̣̝g̷͓̲̭͚̮̜̤h̥̼̦̖̕ͅṭ̲̦̟̀.̧̣̠͔͇
̜̞̦̹̻̯̲

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Kleedrac posted:

Christ I can't tell you how much I hate posts like this - just because you weren't around for the day doesn't mean you are somehow trustworthy - capps seemed like a good lynch in a game where information is at a premium and just because you have hindsight doesn't mean you're better at this game than we are.

It's true I only know my opinion is correct because of hindsight, I am far more annoyed I was robbed of the opportunity to discuss it at all; information IS at a premium and lynching players prematurely limits towns ability to gather it.

CapitalistPig posted:

Also , Punt, please, tell the class exactly why I am scum with a clear case that is convincing. tia.

I don't think you are scum, but you are starting to do this thing in every game we are in.

Err not really never said a bad thing about you in cookfia and we won together as town in the league even if I did vote for you at one point. I made a case on you but somber flipping scum after this post:

Somberbrero posted:

I keep going back and forth on Pig. I think it's worth listening to the voice of now confirmed town Capps, but I feel like he hasn't been under enough pressure for me to be confident one way or another.
has made me lose interest in pursuing it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
well, that answers that I guess.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hm. Evil=/=scum?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Hm. Evil=/=scum?

could be an sk, we had extra deaths on n1

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ah, yeah that win condition

well good for scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I got a night action, you'll know it when you see it, it will be accurate even if I die.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

the obvious inferences is that a vig shot gay, scum killed chili, and a sk killed WO.

Somberbrero posted:

it seems obvious

shot - vig

kill - scum kill

devoured - some monster, presumably a sk

Do we want to buy this?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ah, yeah that win condition

well good for scum

Oh yeah the win con pretty much points to somber being the sk.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So what is everyone thinking?

I'd be ok with LUTR or Kleedrac, and to a lesser extent yuming.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Okay so LET'S TALK MECHANICS

There's a sanity mechanic in this game. I'm gonna fullclaim because we're behind and maybe this will help and either way I really have no idea what my role is doing and I may require assistance.

Sooooooo. My role is Psychiatrist, and every night I'm supposed to visit someone and administer psychiatric help -- I can remove the insanity status effect, if someone has it. If I target someone who is not Earth-aligned, I go insane, but I'm not told, and I'm not told whether or not my targeting someone actually does anything or what the sanity mechanic really is? Unless I missed something major, but rereading the OP there doesn't seem to be many clues as to what insanity means.

Either way, I targeted Somberbrero night one and Tremendous Taste night two so I'm guessing I am insane given Somber's flip. Again, I have no loving clue what that even means.

Anyone else who can help with insanity, I'd appreciate a visit tonight, and if anyone's got any further insight in to what the hell insanity even means in this game, I'd love to hear it.

PS don't vote me I'm town.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
OK - C-Pig: You're the most town in this game in my opinion - how sure are you on yumming?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Look Under The Rock posted:

What information was gained from Capps dying?

His flip ;)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kleedrac posted:

OK - C-Pig: You're the most town in this game in my opinion - how sure are you on yumming?

This kind of posting is the worst.

It shows

1. A clear lack of paying attention to the thread, I have twice now, stated my opinion on yuming this very day!

2.Trying to buddy up to me.

Combined with the way you've been posting this is bad bad bad.

##vote kleedrac

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
OK C-Pig-Grumpy-Pants see if I ever solicit advice from you again!

##Shoot Yumming

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ugh she's totally town smh

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ugh she's totally town smh

We'll find out shortly now won't we

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah u scumbo

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kleedrac posted:

OK C-Pig-Grumpy-Pants see if I ever solicit advice from you again!

##Shoot Yumming

Seriously?

Yuming better be scum or you're in trouble mister. :colbert:

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CapitalistPig posted:

Seriously?

Yuming better be scum or you're in trouble mister. :colbert:

That would be an understatement lol

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
you should have shot me idiot

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The tone of your group had grown morose with the death of your party members, but Kurtis Freeman wouldn't give in to inaction. He draws a gun and waves around with uncertainty before he set his sights on a target.

He aims the gun at Susan and fires. She staggers backwards before slumping to the ground, dying. Her body lay still in place for a time and you all look at Kurtis with anger and fear, but then Susan's body begins to shift into something horrible. Something not of this world.

quote:

yuming - Susan Knight

You are mindless monstrosity from the Court of Ultimate Chaos whose only purpose is to sow discord. Azazoth, Daemon-Sultan of the Void acts on ineffable instinct sending agents of chaos, such as yourself, through the different realities to undo all existence within them. Although Polton isn't aware of it, he has been a puppet to Azazoth all his life. The activation of the Y-Scope is and has always been the purpose designated for the eccentric scientist. His ignorance will usher into this realm the dissolution of all things should you succeed.

You are a Horror.

Each night, you can take the factional kill. Alternatively you have a 1-Shot Janitor that alters the flip of a night-kill to give a false result of [Evil-Aligned](a red herring, no such alignment) and a 1-Shot Ninja which would not allow you to be seen making the kill. investigation.

You are [Chaos-Aligned]. You win when all other players are dead or nothing can prevent the same, and at least one member of your team remains alive.

You are a Susan Knight, a First Sergeant in the United States Army. Well at least you wear her skin. Williams invited you because he wants to establish peaceful, defesive military applications for the Y-Scope. The invitation made its way up the chain and Susan drew the short straw.

You win when all threats to your survival have been eliminated and at least one [Earth-Aligned] player survives.

The day continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I apologize K, good shot

• Locked thread