Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
In as Jacquelyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Amnistar posted:

I am trying out a new strategy this game. Just an FYI.

I am trying out a new strategy this game too. The strategy is that I dunk you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yo yo yo i'm here to have my mind laid bare by secrets n' poo poo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

editor's note: confirmed.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Capps smells like scum here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Capps

This has nothing to do with Chili's posts, Capps is just pinging my gut.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Based on what, voting the same person you're voting for different reasons?

CapitalistPig posted:

Why are you being an idiot?

You jumped on chili with no justification or explanation except something dumb about horns.

It was an opportunistic vote that doesnt look good on you.

Weird + bad post. Pig is taking the game too seriously too early. Capps posts were obviously jokes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

He wants you guys to lead the way, but is pushing towards a certain direction with the subtlety of a very unsubtle person

If my gut is wrong and you flip town I promise I'll looking at Chili and Pig.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

Jumping the gun here aren't we?

No, I'm very sure you're going to flip scum.

CapitalistPig posted:

Nah, I'm just , you know, actually trying to play the game. Thats why I'm limiting myself to just one game at a time now. I want to focus and see if I can not be a shitposter/mystery to all.

Basically my reasoning is that I thought it was bad of Chili to continue to vote Taste because of his no lynch thing, so I voted to put some pressure on.

Capps jumped onto that vote without explaining it and I thought that was scummier so I voted him.

it was a joke.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

There is 2 days and 11 hours and somber is already doing the "If i am wrong" thing lol

2 days and 11 hours and you're already trying to work yourself out of a corner.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Winged Orpheus posted:

Capp's posts may be jokes but past a certain point jokes with votes need to be taken seriously.

you think that point is more than two days out from the day one deadline?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you're going to soft-pedal away this dunk with sarcasm and dismiss anything you can out of hand under the pretense of Mafia Authority, which never really works for you. then you'll transition into actual casework near the end of the day and focus on one or two players making bad points against you, trying to undermine the vote more than actually get scum dunked, because you are scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm acting like 'it's over' because i'm very convinced i am right.

i'll nominate whomever for this.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

Currently somber reads like he is playing into his "persona" and is leaning into it so they can get away with this vote

Capps you are the one playing into your persona! Do you have a 3DS to sell this game?

I should probably stop feeding you lines.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What is my Mafia persona anyway?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

##nominate taste, I'm a simple goon with little value if things go south

i will say that i think taste is town but i trust him least as a person in this situation.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

i am sorry to say somber that this unlikable personality is my own

if you were unlikable it would be far easier to get you dunked.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##nominate imgay

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
After The League II I am confident that capps is scum based on his behavior here. It's mostly a meta call.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Winged Orpheus posted:

I don't like the way Chili and Somber sound positive about their reads (around pages 4-5). Day 1 is always a shitshow of nitpicking small comments because we have nothing substantial to build cases on. I don't know whether or not they're acting more sure because they want people to follow them or because putting forth an opinion with a disclaimer about how you could be wrong is jumped on by mafia players as a scumtell.

Imgay's claimed power role is complete bullshit.

I want to vote you too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's real tough for me to think that GG included a mechanic that could out scum day one based on luck.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

It seems weird to me but I can only go by what happened, I'd also like to think that GG wouldn't be irresponsible enough to do something like that just randomly for flavor when it could lead to something like this.

i guess you're right in that it's too important to ignore. i missed a lot of imgay's reaction content so i'ma go reread that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

Hey guys that was all a joke, I'm still a human scientist

CapitalistPig posted:

Which would be fine, if I wasn't immune to psychological damage and effects.

this reinforces the idea that this can't be based on misunderstanding, one cpig or gay is probably lying. i don't see the motivation for pig lying as stronger than imgay's need for survival. i dunno

imgay posted:

Kleedrac's policy lynching everyone. Look how scummy he is!

deflection, not very good. maybe this is a joke but it's not a great one.

Kleedrac posted:

As was pointed out I've made two votes and the first was a joke vote based on the whole "Cthulhu F'tagn" thing - I'm not sure how you could see that as anything but a joke vote.

Chili: I can see what you're saying but we recently completed D&D mafia under GG's administration and the events were an integral part of the game granting big boons or crazy hazards to the participants. It is only because that game was so recent and I saw what the events could do that I'm believing C-Pig's claim of what he got back from the event. Well that and;

imgay has always been the kind of player to gently caress around on day one but this time he's reaching new levels of shitposting - it's either a post-restriction (and in a Lovecraft game I'm not ruling it out) or he's going too-big to convince us he's town - it's why I still believe he's a good lynch candidate for today. Look at the facts:
1) He tried claiming (unsolicited) that he can bring people back from the dead - bringing people into the game once removed which is a super-powerful role.
2) He leveraged this claim into saying he should go on every event - claiming that his power has charges based on events which is slightly sensical but then why go day one when there's no one to resurrect yet!
3) He is just randomposting a lot and very much in a "look at all my posts" kinda way - I have very few posts but I'd like to believe I have several good and high content posts.
4) C-Pig has told us that in the results PM from the event he watched imgay turn into a demon - in a Lovecraft game there is no way this is a townie thing to happen!

I think imgay is the right lynch today - it will give us information for tomorrow regardless because of his interactions with C-Pig and others, and I think it's the right move.

i take issue with this post. i know kleedrac has a habit of getting dunked day one, but this doesn't feel genuine.

I think the phrase "...see that as anything other than a jokevote" is something say a lot. Kleedrac isn't under a lot of pressure, so it's strange he's playing defense here.

Coaching Chili on the particulars of gg's setup feels coaching in a way I don't care for, but I guess it's a legitimate point.

Mostly though, I don't like his casing on imgay. It's all very scattershot and feels like it has been justified after the fact. The complaints about 'randomposting' and 'shitposting' are valid or whatever, but why does that mean imgay is scum? The rest is setup and flavor speculation, but in the most broad way possible.

I want to give Kleedrac the benefit of the doubt today because he's often misread, but I don't feel great about him. I'm willing to vote gay, but I'm actually completely sure in my soulguts that Capps is scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

##unvote

Idea actually

I'm p useless as a role, lynch me and imgay can revive me. If he doesn't, he's clearly lied and we lynch him tomorrow.

i think we should just try to kill him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

we can kill him tomorrow, on the slight chance he's telling the truth that's a big loss

if that's really the course of action you want to take then alright, but it seems like a waste of time to be honest.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Chili posted:

Amnistar, Winged Orpheus, Kleedrac.

These are our good lynch choices today.

If anyone wants me to expand on any or all of these, I will happily to do so. Regardless, we need to shift our conversation away from this fruitless field.

Okay, ignore the flavor, examine the actual content. There's plenty there.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I dunno Chili, gay is definitely posting like caught scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Just for fun, I'm going to call gay, capps, and chili as scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

i lied about the cloning machine, I just really wanted to be nominated

##vote imgay

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
gay isn't posting like the case on him is ridiculous Chili, he's definitely entertaining the notion.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

I just crawling in the tunnel for a bit and came out covered in blood

mm

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Chili posted:

I was trying to say that he basically has carte blanche.

I think there are probably nuggets of truth in cpigs claims. There's blood and beasts and whatever, so sure he's gonna respond to parts of it that make sense. And to the point of him posting like a jackass before this. Yeah, he probably was, it was early, I don't really care. I kind of him a pass on most of the recent stuff because he's been dealing with bullshit. Regardless, I feel bad for him, and I don't want to lynch him.

I really can't understand that perspective unless you're scum with imgay. I know chain-dunks and all, but that scenario makes the most sense to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Cpig has been totally fine this game though. He's posted more content then I have, I think. Sure, some of it is flavor-focused, but he received some pretty damning flavor.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

uranus posted:

sounds like frustrated scum lol

yeah.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

uranus posted:

hahahah chilli is scum with imgay. that is literally the only way that makes sense with what he's 'feeling' right now. d1 a scumbro is caught through bad luck and he's discouraged and doesnt want to play anymore.

try to imagine a town person having these kind of feelings, i bet you cant.

if that's the case i do feel kind of bad, but imgay could have reacted a lot better.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

I told you not to lynch me.

you also said you are vt.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Winged Orpheus posted:

That makes sense right up until you try to figure out why a scumbro would go so far out of his way to defend a LYNCHPROOF scum.

if he's permanently lynchproof then fart this gay earth.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yuming posted:

This was a wacky game day.

I am most suspicious of im and capps. WO made good points against im so I'm less sold on that idea now.

I like Chili's LUTR as scum idea. She takes the place of WO in my "scum posting sideline comments" scum slot.

how are you suspicious of Gay and not also Chili?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yuming posted:

They're not connected to me?

I've liked the points Chili's made, I'm not suspicious of him.

Chili has been defending Gay all day and has more or less refused to look at him in a critical light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yuming posted:

Because he's stuck on the idea that it'd be stupid for im to be revealed because of flavor stuff.

Chili's logic is consistent and just doesn't make me suspicious. He says he's throwing it out, idk, it makes sense to me.

even putting aside flavor, imgay has plenty of content Chili could look at. The excuse that he can't parse that content because of the flavor white noise is very silly.

• Locked thread