Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Just finished binge-watching this over the weekend, holy poo poo.

Though I think the thing that actually blew my mind the most was when I suddenly realized that William is one of the McPoyle brothers.

And I recognized Armistice for somewhere, but I couldn't figure out where, it took me ages to realize she had a tiny role in one of the the terrible BBC Discworld adaptations as Sgt. Angua.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm glad to see people from Scandinavian TV besides just Mads Mikkelson getting work in hollywood though. Sidse Knudsen was really good in Borgen. She's like a Danish Mary McDonnell.

This show actually reminds me a lot of BSG, except it seems like the writers actually have a plan (fingers crossed) and are less random with their symbolism.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I just wanna say the score for this show is really good. Ramin Djawadi knocked it out of the park.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Bust Rodd posted:

yeah and i think the same interview or one in the same publication says that the showrunners have distinctly said they won't go to any of the other 'worlds' from the movie, so we'll never see Romeworld or medieval World, in part because HBO already has GoT

What if the big twist in the finale of GoT is that it is Medieval World? :tinfoil:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Yeah, it's pretty obvious within the first three episodes that the park is a physical location with underground access via train tunnels and elevators, with the main base of operations contained in a huge mesa within the park. The only questions are about the outer limits of the park, whether it's enclosed, and where it's located.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It seems like you could still pretty easily get shot in the eye with a "fake" bullet or fall off a cliff or get knifed by another guest.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Goddamn, that shot of Dolores on the horse.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
If normal-rear end biological horses haven't achieved human-level consciousness what on earth makes you guys think robot ones would?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I am continuously glad no one in TVIV actually gets to write for TV.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

nwiniwn posted:

So, only on episode 3 right now, but I've got some questions regarding things I've seen and how it works in Westworld.

Regarding the hosts, they routinely get beat up, cut up, bloodied, etc. So, does each day have a certain end-time where all the hosts return to the lab and get patched up, or how does that work? Like, could someone shoot Dolores first thing in the morning, and then she would get carted off, patched up, and put back in the game that same day, or is she out of commission until the next day? It seems like there isn't a distinct end-time, but I just don't get how things reset, either. Like, say I pay for a 2-week package. I can basically stay up all day long and night long and go kill a bunch of people...they have to get put back at some point, right? It's just not making sense how the blackhat guy seems to be killing anything and everything-wouldn't that take away from other people's experiences?

Also, from what I've seen, everything is a robot (the hosts, the horses, the rattlesnake in episode 2). Are flies also robots? Just wondering why they are attracted to the hosts, especially in episode 3 with the new script that shows a bunch of people cut up and flies all over them. A female human running around with Teddy visibly appears that she can smell something rancid, so I'm just wondering how the fake skin/blood/etc ends up smelling rancid to humans and attracting either real flies or robotic flies.

They specifically call out that the flies are real, it's a plot point for Dolores and the Sheriff in literally the first episode.

The entire point of the dramatic final shot of the pilot episode is that Delores was able to harm a living thing when we saw through the episode that hosts are meant to ignore flies because they can't hurt anything actually alive.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
There's even CONFEDERATE spoilers already!

https://twitter.com/Ethan_Booker/status/892392732223787009

• Locked thread